All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Smart move designing the fins integrally, trying to line up separate fins ranks number one on my list of least favourite modelling things to do!
  3. Thank you! First build at that scale and have to say I really enjoyed it! Thank you! I do need to add the driver that comes with it. Thank you Stix! Your comment appreciated. ๐Ÿ˜ Keith ๐Ÿ˜
  4. Beautifully done, and great story too! Sounds like this was a special build to complete.
  5. Hello any recommendations for the Gulf Racing colours? Model is โ€˜RC sizedโ€™. Thanks mike
  6. Hi Pete! I'm not anticipating problems on either count tbh: I find polishing resin bucks with the Dremel and polishing compound produces a nice mirror-like finish whilst the buck walls themselves are thick enough to avoid structural integrity issues. That's a puzzler Ian. It looks as if the resin has failed to cure on portions of the right-hand object but this is not something I've encountered before. I know you use the Mars 4 - with which I'm unfamiliar as to any idiosyncracies - so all I can suggest in such a situation is a diagnostic to isolate whether the problem lies in the printer or the resin. In this regard I'd print identically-oriented parts with a different resin - something cheap like Elegoo's standard grey should suffice - to see if the same error recurs. If it doesn't, that would point toward a problem with that particular Siraya resin in relation to the printer, if it does, it would likely be a problem with ether the printer, or print settings. Apologies my friend if you've already done all that and I'm simply teaching my Dubai grandmother to suck eggs...
  7. Ha ha thanks Keith, I am really chuffed with this engine, I will get some fuel and see how it sounds๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks Alistair, really kind. Hopefully will get this part of the build done tonight. Thanks guys Chris
  8. Great progress despite the fit issues, great that you have more than enough nose weight too. Cracking job Alistair Chris
  9. Excellent finish. I've never done NMF but am working myself up to do it. But I'll be satisfied if I get the paint to stick to the model - from what I've read that's a big challenge .... but the fun is in the trying. Maybe the new Airfix starter set .......... Well done Rob
  10. Ooooooo very nice progress Alistair, looking good fella. Cracking work. Chris
  11. Not sure how it goes for armor but I found recently that even with a nice Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito that's supposed to go together easy, I would have saved myself extra sanding work if I took a little more time to test fit and make sure the parts are perfectly aligned. Trying to take that lesson forward for everything I build. If you're not getting good alignment, there's all kinds of tricky little things I've seen like wedges of plastic or sticks of sprue to get mating surfaces as close together as possible. It's funny when you see a great finished product like this, you can't tell there was so much struggle to get it to look like that!
  12. This should be good. The LC2 was a great car that deserved to be a greater success than it was but, as you say, Martini livery, what's not to like. Trevor
  13. Beautiful finish Kieth what a great scale for the subject too.
  14. As it should be. Glad it's working out Pete!
  15. Cracking job Stix you still have the magic touch even in this smaller scale. Quality work as ever.
  16. Thanks a lot for the nice comments. Decals: โœ”๏ธ Designed by Decograph, they are a bit odd. The carrier film is really thin. It merges almost perfectly with the surface when pressing the decals with a cotton bud after applying some softener. But on the other hand the coloured parts look a bit thick and they are definitely brittle. It took several applications of Daco Strong to conform them to the recesses and and air intakes, for instance. I had to "play" with the rudder decal as it was for Mirage IIIC nยฐ91, when mine is nยฐ46. I cut off and put upside down the "9" and was lucky to find a SAAF nยฐ804 rudder decal in the box from which I could cut the "4"! I will have to do some touch ups with white paint but it could have been much worse!! A friend sent me some EC3/2 tail badges. Although I had the reference pictures at hand's reach, I managed to apply too low on the vertical stabiliser... Doh! Anyway, the decals bring some life to the NMF and look fine once applied: Contrarily to my habits, I will airbrush a coat of varnish because I am not sure the decals have properly adhered to the surfaces everywhere. Better be safe than sorry when I apply the washes...
  17. That's beautifully finished and interesting to know the Danish use of these vehicles.Great job.
  18. Stencils would go fine. Letter codes too. For opacity - I have an understanding that this is just not consistent. For example white colour on Israeli markings and white colour on squadron cocards seem to be different. On squadron cocards it looks denser. But large colourful decals... Seems Special Hobby just saved some Krones on printing good paint layer. Maybe it's not the weakness of the technology.
  19. Hi guys My latest build on the bench is one of these Lancia LC2s that italeri release not long ago, from some research it looks as its the old protar kit from the 80s/90s. From initial inspection it's nothing special and is going to need a lot of clean up before it's anywhere near ready for paint but given you can have the doors open it can have a bit of internal modification to it. So from the box shot they seem to have tried to hide the martini logos (not very well admittedly) Decals thankfully are full sponsorship but the martini stripes look as though they could be a pain The main body after a bit of clean up Fitting the doors required a bit of time a patience but they now fit well so both options of open or closed are on the table The rear diffuser is a monster and makes it pretty obvious why the class of car was slowed down in the 90s you'd lose your dog up there Not such a great picture but this shows the amount of extra plastic needed to be trimmed to get looking about right. This is what most of the spues look like so many hours of cutting and Sanding are needed for these old kits, I'm not 100% but from the looks of it I doubt that these are new moulds and probably the old one still being used from protar This build will take some priority as I love the look of the old 80s group c cars plus it's lancia and plus it's an old martini livery so what more can you ask for. Thanks for looking SN
  20. It's a nice kit and probably good that you want a 1:72 version as I don't believe it has been produced in any other scale yet. cheers, Mike
  21. Tanks @georgeusa. Yah I was surprised with the fit issues. But it was my mistake for not doing more homework beforehand. Seems this is a common issue with many of the Eduard P-51 kits. Simple to remedy as long as you know it's there. Lesson learned. I have their 109F in the stash and may give it a crack sometime as well. Nervous about the decals though. I'm fine leaving the film on, but the margins are so wide that the smaller stencils create an issue even with perfect application. Will figure it out at some point. Thanks for the comment, G
  1. Load more activity