Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Alpha Juliet

Members
  • Content Count

    44
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

26 Good

About Alpha Juliet

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 01/13/1959

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Orkney, Scotland
  • Interests
    British Army 80's and 90's; Desert War 40's-90's

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Tea leaves are a triumph - I used oregano and still get a whiff of it every now and then! With the barrel straps, did you just extend the existing ones, or did you use a strap over the top or what? Very impressive - you've set the bar very high!
  2. Very nice! What do you think to Zvezda after making this? (Just invested in their T90 - not built yet, but looks pretty impressive in the box)
  3. Really great Sean. Your subjects are not often seen and hold a special interest for me. Are you SURE you're not making kits anymore?
  4. Really nice Werner - you've now got me thinking about the Miniart 1/35 version of this, with interior detail, as a future project. Keep up the good work and many thanks for sharing!
  5. Will be watching this post closely as I've got this kit, plus the mk 5 and mk 11 - none started as yet. I'm debating whether or not to get the mk 10 as I'm not sure how different ut would be to the m k11 - but then again... it would be nice to complete the set.
  6. Thanks rayprit - they are the old chieftain-style tracks. I've found these, which might do: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264535442677?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true They do cost more than the actual kit did though... ALSO - I had a "Doh!" thinking I could use them by keeping the damaged edges to the inside - this would, of course, mean that one set of tracks would have to be facing the wrong way round. At least I didn't make the sets up only to find out when it's too late!
  7. I've just built the Tamiya Challenger (and what a lovely kit it is to build!). OOB it has the usual plastic/rubber tracks so I decided to use some accurate Armour resin tracks (the same configuration as the Chieftain). Not knowing any better, I just snapped the track off from the sprues, thinking there was going to be a natural break at the edge. Unfortunately, NO THERE ISN'T - so I now have all of joined tracks with the ends missing (the "metal" part of the track). GUTTED! I've tried supergluing the two pieces together, but there is so little to push against it just won't stick. Moral of this story? Remove AA tracks from their sprues using the correct tool. (I don't think nippers will do as it will either compress the ends of the tracks if used one way; or cut too far away from the sprue if used the other). I COULD still use them if the damaged sides were placed towards the inside and heavily weathered - but... Hey ho! Happy New Year everyone!
  8. Amazing - you have to look more than once to see if it's the real thing! Top notch!
  9. Wow - this brought back some memories! Thank you for making me feel SO old!!
  10. Kit is built... still not happy with it. Got a lot of fettling to do before I even think to painting it. I think I'm going to build the earlier Challenger model because it will have a similar paint job - and it means I only have to set up the compressor etc, the once. Photo's to come, but not when it's in this state!
×
×
  • Create New...