Jump to content


Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


nimrod54 last won the day on March 21

nimrod54 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

12,025 Excellent


About nimrod54

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 02/26/1954

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    In Tier3 Land

Recent Profile Visitors

6,573 profile views
  1. Ooops! I guess having wild animals close by can have its drawbacks, and I for one wouldn't want to be playing fetch with Steve. I should really have another check to see what is going on at Turgwe. Well back to the 88 for me now. I am on the home stretch, so I hope to have it done today. John
  2. That looks brilliant Jean, it will look great alongside the Stuka. Sorry to read that the Gremlins almost thwarted your efforts, but it sounds as though the damage is light and easily repaired. Black Beauty almost thwarted my Ju 88 attempt this morning, let's just say that there was a very waggy-tail involved, leading to some nimble reactions to save the day. Cheers John
  3. I forgot to have a look for one of yours on my recent museum visit.
  4. I have had to look at this with one eye Little H, that monster is too scary for me.
  5. This set me off chuckling. I have just finished reading David Herriot's book ' ADVENTURES OF A COLD WAR FAST-JET NAVIGATOR - THE BUCCANEER YEARS' and had to get my head around 'RAF SPEAK'. That's not what made me laugh though, your OC Domestic comment brought back to mind the 12 Sqn zap incident when they where detached at RAF Lossiemouth. Apparently there were that many Foxes Head zaps around the base that a message was left on the lectern in the entrance to the Officers Mess which read 'TO ALL OFFICERS IN CHARGE OF AIRMEN DETACHED TO ROYAL AIR FORCE STATION LOSSIEMOUTH
  6. I couldn't resist making some sort of a start on one of these, so set about painting the cockpit parts and doing a small... err OK, a tiny bit of assembly , by John L, on Flickr by John L, on Flickr by John L, on Flickr Finally, just to give an idea of the rough size of the finished model, here's a snap of the thing roughly assembled and taken on a 1cm grid. One of the things that I like to do with these kits is to remove the device that enables the wings to move together, and then I open a slot back to the pivot point, that all
  7. Looking fantastic buddy. I hope that all of you are coping with the Firebreak Lockdown, it can't easy especially with the naff weather.
  8. I managed to get the aircrafts code letters on the fuselage yesterday, but still have to make a decision regarding the underwing codes, I need to check up and see how they were displayed in Oct. 1940. That leaves the rest of the stencils to finish the majority of the decal work off and I hope that I can get most of that done today. by John L, on Flickr In a previous post I mentioned how well the cockpit glazing fits on this kit and thought that I would take the opportunity to take a photo and share it here. These have only been popped into place ie. no glu
  9. That's very kind of you Charlie, thanks a lot. Following Stix example, I thinned the paint with water and brushed on a thin coat of the chosen colour, making sure that everything was covered and that the paint didn't pool around any of the detail. I worked in sections and once I had finished one area I checked it over again for pooling and brush marks, carefully removing those and taking care not to pull the paint off. I gradually built up the depth of colour with more thinned layers until I had achieved a good even colour. For the blue underside I brushed on 5 thin coats before I was happy wi
  10. Thanks very much Cookie. I am still getting use to working with Revell Aqua paints, and I have followed @PlaStix suggestions for brushing them on. This one seems to be working out OK. Hi Jean, Thanks a lot for your comment. You will be pleased to know that, after adding two gloss coats yesterday, I made a start on the decals this morning and now have all of the Balkenkreuz, along with a few of the stencils on. Having just had some lunch I will be back at it shortly and should manage to get the M7+DK codes sorted. I have scaled to size and printed the 2./KGr 80
  11. Add my name to the list for this too V-P. Thanks John
  12. I have made a few of these 1/144 Tornado kits since this newer version was released and currently have Luftwaffe, Saudi and Italian versions in the display cabinet, but missing from the collection are RAF examples, and that is something I hope to put right with these two builds. The plan is to build one as a GR.1 and the other as a GR.4. by John L, on Flickr by John L, on Flickr Here are a few photos of my earlier builds by John L, on Flickr by John L, on Flickr by John L, on Flickr
  13. Thanks very much @Jabba. It took a bit of time to work out and mask up the pattern, but it was worth it in the end.
  14. I have just discovered your builds Tim, lovely work in this scale. A bit late for you now but I thought that you might like this photograph of a RAF Tilly that I took at the Yorkshire Air Museum last month. by John L, on Flickr
  15. Thanks Craig. I had almost forgotten to finish painting the nacelles, but I have just tidied those up. There are a few spots of blue to touch in and that will see the main painting work complete.
  • Create New...