Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Kevin Aris

Members
  • Content Count

    361
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

843 Excellent

About Kevin Aris

  • Rank
    Established Member

Recent Profile Visitors

207 profile views
  1. good evening everyone i have a weeks holiday, so have put the Corvette away and got the steam trawler back out, here is a brief update of what i have done since the last update
  2. good evening everyone the main deck has been fitted now so i have a solid non flexing hull, the gross beam were reinforced with brass rod the 1/4 deck was also fitted, i got a brilliant fit, but when i tried the superstructure it seams the 1/4 is to far forward, if i correct it where it needs to be the deck will be 1/2 way up the depth charge exits in the stern, so may have to file some away at the same time thin the stern bulkhead down this afternoon i made some of the mast up with the lookout cage, this is all soldered, i just need to straiten som of it out to look more presentable made the engine room cowls as well, yes its some kit plastic nothing on the deck plates has been fixed into position i have decided on her final colours, they are colour coat enamels supplied by soverign Hobbies and will represent her 1945 image the ladder, 3 piece PE set with a shaped ring Ladder need to go forward at the base in line with the steam pipes the new steam pipe does not look rifht, infact it looks like it being forced into position, i will have to sort that out during the week
  3. good evening everyone some of the work that has been completed i moved from aft again to the bridge area, and progressed onto the the twin guns (20mm) i think, one went together ok but the other one became a disaster, not helped by dropping it and not finding it because it caught in the dogs hair as later found in the garden the platforms have to be adapted, to allow for the guard rails, the etch has a scribe line where it is to be cut if required ( as this gun was used in many builds) and it may not need to be adapted then i cleaned the platforms with the etch cleaner, and for the first time i mixed a tiny amount of the etch primer let it sit for 3 hours and applied it, i impressed with the results, but also learnt not to put the etch cleaner in plastic yogurt pots
  4. Its bad enough being in a sub in rough weather on the surface without a carrying handle lol,
  5. i read the other day that Revell have/are dropping the ship from their list, but not to panic as there are lots on the shelves
  6. Here is the link https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=303&page=1
  7. good evening everyone i have tried to get into a routine of doing something on any of my builds every day, its surprising what can be done in a couple of hours, and it is weening me off the PC (that can only be good) most of the big bits are now started, so at any time i can go from one piece to another most of the hedgehog launcher is done and protection screen NOT MY PHOTO wip on the engine room skylight and now the depth charge racks are on the go
  8. Good question, and i have a very good answer As for the soldering, i prefer it to glueing now, i am still making a few mistakes, but overall im happy, its just the photos make it look awful my next build i may look to use thin metal rather than plasticard the St Nectan or this build will be finished before i start the 1/48 Paddle steamer Talisman
  9. yes, i have been discussing doing one in 1/48 or 1/24, but other options include a minesweeper like the RN Ton Class or a large scale MTB
  10. Thank you Tom About 36, that includes the bits i have not yet fitted, like sights, footplates and hand wheels
  11. good evening everyone, its me again back to the 2 pdr qf mk viii gun with bandstand i wasnt confident enough a few weeks ago to put this brass strip onto the platform, but as i feel my soldering has improved a little i attempted it this weekend, it is slightly off centre, but im happy with it the rivet belt was also added as was the the top ring, the photos are very glarey, and make it look far worse than it is two 2nd hand books and photo etch bits
×
×
  • Create New...