This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah, "on final" is an incorrect term. It is "on final" in that I am "finally" done with it. Thanks for thoughtful words.
  3. KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

The first box of SR-53 is ready - the prototypes.... We are working on What if box now. Stay tuned.... :-)
  4. outstanding!
  5. Thanks so much for your kinds words.
  6. Grainy acrylics?

All Vallejo brushes well, as does Hataka and both leave a good finish. I lean towards Hataka as the colours seem more accurate, though Vallejo may have raised their game in that area recently. Having said that, some Humbrol paint goes on well straight from the pot, Hu90 especially. If it doesn't, add flow improver and retarder. Water works fine for thinner but better results may be achieved with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA). If the surface is a little rough, rub down with a fancy product such as micromesh or use the poor person's solution, a piece cut from a pair of tights. Really, it's all a bit 'hit and miss' with Humbrol, quality control hasn't been consistent over the years and you can't be sure what you're getting. One tip, though: don't buy it in flip-top pots. I'm still experimenting and far from an expert, but look up posts from Britmodellers such as @robvulcan for top advice on acrylics and brush painting. John.
  7. First Diorama

Thanks, I did originally intend to put tyre tracks in but then forgot when I was trying to get the plaster of paris formed.
  8. What have you purchased 9

Sorry to hear about your little-un. Many Brits take the NHS for granted, but stories like yours bring home how lucky we are. When my American daugther-in-law was young, she spent three days in hospital, which cost her parents $30,000. They are still paying it off ten years later. My dad has just spent three and half months in an NHS hospital – no charge. I hope that Procopius Minor gets well soon.
  9. Airfix Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a Schwalbe 1/72 Released

I received my copy last weekend at E-Day in Prague. Close inspection reveals: Airfix rendition is a late-production aircraft (gun blisters on the nose). Revell's 262 was an early production without blisters. Airfix kit lacks the headrest armour and has a narrow trim tab, indicating a Leipheim built machine. By cutting out the trim tab (and replacing it with a broader one) and adding headrest you can build a Obertraubling version as well. But not the Budweis version, which has square blisters, though.
  10. Best heat staining I've seen so far!
  11. First Diorama

Excellent job - particularly for a first attempt. The only improvement I could suggest is tyre tracks/ruts in the muddy road.
  12. Minion's Finnish pencil

Lovely looking paint work on the underside
  13. FOUR better - or worse!

What ! Glue never dries ?
  14. Pilot or no pilot?

Seems a bit harsh! But anyone who has seen the wonderful 1/72 in-flight models of Tango India Mike (where he now?) knows that is simply not true. Nick
  15. As vac-forms go, the Wings kits are some of the best. I have several in my collection, all 1/72. Vac-forms are no more difficult to build than injection-molded kits; they just take more patience and care to get the mating edges just right and trailing edges sharp.
  16. Hello all, Here is my entry for this GB: Hobbyboss 1/48 Su-30MKK, marked as an MK2 of the Venezuelan Air Force. Kit: Extras: Caracal decals, Master pitot tube, Eduard Brassin OFAB-250 bombs, Wolfpack K-36 ejection seats and Quickboost F-14 FOD covers (modified to fit). This is what i'm going for: https://imgur.com/lcPwxA9 Fully armed: http://www.planobrazil.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Su-30-venezuela-3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/x1jsE8j.jpg Going for, 2x ECM pods on wingtips, 2x R-73, 4x OFAB-250, 2x KH-31, 2x KH-29 and 2x R-77. (the above pictures show R-27s on the intake pylons but these are being replaced with the KH-29s. Looks a nice kit, hopefully it's a bit easier to assemble than the Academy offering. Dave
  17. FOUR better - or worse!

lead to sticky ends
  18. 1\48 AFV F-5F Sundowners

Perfect work!!
  19. Agreed! Great paint job on the underside, Ced Can't wait to see you modelling yourself after the Spitfire flight Ciao
  20. Aoshima Gigant

Cool project - looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
  21. NA-73 Mustang I, best options in 1/72nd

Hello Graham, I agree. But with D model North American was in for some significant changes anyway, in aerodynamic, construction and production sense of the word. Beside the more pronounced leading edge kink, which was the most obvious change on the wing, the main spar had been strengthened to cope with heavier loads (extra gun with ammunition in both wings, overall increase of ammo from 1250 to 1880 rounds, provisions for rockets, bigger drop tanks, and I suspect also for heavier bombs). While this could have been accomplished by introduction of new alloy as wing main spar's building material I suspect design team decided to go the whole hog and simply increased its dimensions. This would allow for use of thicker airfoil which, with P-51 D's substantial weight increase over P-51 A (about 1500 lb, speaking from the top of my head), was needed to provide additional lift anyway. Nevertheless, I am browsing through my books to find the source of airfoil change information from my previous post. Cheers Jure
  22. Minion's Finnish pencil

That is exactly what I did do, there are very few occasions when I have actually painted the interior of the canopy and would not attempt it on something as complicated as some of the glazing on the Do-17. If I remember correctly there is some internal framing on the Mossie visible from the outside which is only on the inside of the canopy.
  23. Welcome and Rules

Forgot to mention … GB will run from 00:01 hours on the 30th September to 23:59 hours on the 31st December!
  24. Austin-Putilov White Army

Nice job on an unusual vehicle. John.l
  1. Load more activity