Jump to content

Andrés S.

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,147 Excellent


About Andrés S.

  • Rank
    Established Member
  • Birthday 04/12/1965

Contact Methods

  • MSN

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Things that fly… Spanish Air Force and Star Wars.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,447 profile views
  1. Hi Tato. The tools are the ones you can see below: an awl, a mini saw, a handmade scriber from an old cutter and a metal ruler, Tamiya tape and DYMO tape. Of the 3 tools, I use the punch to make circular panels or in another way (with metal templates, which I have not taken a photo). For straight panel lines I use the scriber if it is a flat and comfortable surface; If it is a curved surface such as the fuselage, I use the mini saw. As a guide I use DYMO tape, or Tamiya tape but in 4 or 5 units, one on top of the other. Once the panel lin
  2. Today it is time to show the putty work done and the panel lines review as well as the addition of some small piece. In the area below the engine nacelle, I had to go over the panel lines that delimit the inlet and outlet fins for the radiator cooling air flow. I have also made a small access panel in the most advanced part, which was very little marked and after sanding it ended up getting lost. Almost exactly under the cockpit it was necessary to putty and sand several times a certain area because it did not get it to look good.
  3. Excellent work in all aspects. I really like your models. Andrés S.
  4. Hi. At the back of the cockpit, behind the protection of the pilot's head, there was a small door that was simulated with 0.13mm plasticard. I have added some stretched plastic portions to simulate the opening knob and as a guide for the hinge. Andrés S.
  5. I just closed the fuselage and glued it to the wings so before I took some photos with most of the cockpit in place. In the gluing areas I have applied Tamiya putty diluted in acetone, more as a precaution than out of absolute necessity, although it is true that in some places, such as the lower part of the fuselage and especially after the support of the pump, it has really needed and also generously. Andrés S.
  6. Hi. My destiny building models is that I always lose a piece. With this model it has been one of the slats. Well, the slats on the Bf-109 seem to be that when on the ground they should look extended but I like the look better with them retracted so I placed the pieces in that position. The one on the right needed putty to be at the same height as the top of the wing. The one on the left side was the one I lost and I had to fill the gap with plasticard and putty. Here, due to the curved shape of the leading edge of the wing, the sponge san
  7. Very true, the Hasegawa kit is still very good. Thank you for your words. Andrés S.
  8. Cockpit finished. Except for the base color, which is RLM 02 by gunze, everything else is painted with Vallejo. Andrés S.
  9. Hi all. I will try to represent the Emil that Commander Ángel Salas Larrazábal piloted on the Russian front between September 1941 and April 1942 in the so-called "1st Escuadrilla Azul", and who was a contingent of veteran Spanish pilots from the Spanish Civil War who formed the 1st of 5 Escuadrillas of pilots that fought against the Soviet Union integrated in the JG 27. The information I have on the plane is not conclusive except that it was a Bf-109E-7B. I say this because I cannot find documentation that tells me the colors in which these airplanes were painted since they w
  10. Thank you guys for your kind words, I appreciate them. Hi Ernst. I really don't know. This green is more recent and belongs to the Army. Also in the photos it seems to me that green comes out with a somewhat high point of yellow. Below I show one of the photos to which I have modified the color balance so that it resembles on the screen something more than how that color really looks in the model, Andrés S.
  11. Great job, I love the way it looks !! Andrés S.
  12. Very nice !!! Hearing that it is 1/48 scale is perfectly believable. Andrés S.
  13. Hi all. I do "things that fly" but I got the job of making this model and here it is. The kit is very good in terms of part reproduction fineness but it has a somewhat absurd breakdown. There are times that for a part that could be molded in one go, 5, 6 or more parts are used. I have painted it using the AK color Real color for the green of the Spanish Army. I wanted to have placed a piece of land on it and made it look more used but the owner, who is the one who pays and therefore orders, said that it was a soft outlined with oils and satin varnish. So that's what it is
  14. Sometimes I have thought of making a diorama with mine but it has always seemed too complicated for my abilities. The truth is that I cannot imagine a diorama of the Falcon that is not in the spaceport of Mos Esley or in the hangar of the Death Star, and of the two the second is without a doubt the one I like the most. So I'm looking forward to seeing progress. Good luck with the project.!!! Andrés S.
  15. It is true that the paints of AK Real Color are of very good quality, at least for me. Very easy to apply and with a very good finish. I have several references from the range of aerial colors and I really liked them. Although the RAF Ocean Gray and Dark Green I don't have them and I can't say if they are more or less exact than Gunze's. As you say, experimentation we can never stop doing. Andrés S. P.S.- Sorry, I thought you were talking about AK Real Color instead of Acrylics. I also have some paints from these references but the Real Color are similar in form
  • Create New...