Jump to content

cobraleader

Members
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

118 Excellent

About cobraleader

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Queensland, Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

106 profile views
  1. G'Day All, Rushed the finish on this one. While taking photo's, I realised there was a problem with the main landing gear - oh well, ya get that. I thought a Mosquito would be less weathered than other fighter aircraft. Being a wooden wonder, it would be hard to have alot of chipping present. So the weathering was kept to a minimum. Manly on the propellers and fuselage nose. Finished minor paint details and added it the the last group of built aircraft.
  2. G'Day All, Another Aussie bird completed. Looking back, I should have gone with a Natural Metal Finish. But I don't have much luck with NMF finishes. Next Aussie Jet bird will be a metallic finish ... just have decide which one ... Korean Jet or Cold War jet ... choices. Finished off minor detail parts and painting. I left the drop tanks painted with metallics. Weathered the leading edge and props.
  3. G'Day All, Aussie Spitfire is done. Tried to hold back on the weathering with this one. The raised panel lines were very soft and had a hard time trying to chip the edges of the gun ammo panels. Originally, I masked the front canopy completely. Had to hand paint the armoured front glass. I think I should have scribed the panel lines, looks a bit bland without the panel lines.
  4. G'Day All, Well used, one previous owner. CA-13 Boomerang has finished. Nice little Airfix kit. Aside from the raised rivets, it went together nicely. It would be nice if they were sunken, but you work with what you have.
  5. oh well, couldn't resist adding more weathering
  6. G'Day All, This one has slowed up a bit. Applied a Payne's Grey wash and then oil dot filter of white, buff and blue. I think too much blue and Payne's grey has been applied. Seems to have darkened too much compared to earlier pics. Applied Humbrol 56 with a sponge for replicating chipping. Starship Filth Oil brusher was applied to the undersides to create some oil stains and streaking.
  7. G'Day All, I applied some more weathering. Applied a mix of the base colour (Gunze 309) with some yellow and added some faded paint chips. Added Humbrol 56 to what I guess would be high traffic areas and leading edges. added black streaking around the ammo shell ejection shuttes. as a final weathering, I applied AK Panel Line Dust to the under surface. I think i'll leave it at this stage and finalise building it
  8. G'Day All, Continuing the work on the Aussie P-51. Same treatment as the Boomerang, oil filter and attempting some more paneling with white oil. Using Oil Brusher and Artists Spectrum Oil paints. added some StarShip Filth around the wing root areas that would see crewman walking over it ..
  9. G'Day All, Trying my hand a oil filtering. Started with dot filtering, Yellow, Buff, Blue, Starship Filth - i think i added to much yellow ... then white highlight on selected panels Camera seems to have blown the colours out a bit ...
  10. G'Day All, Slowed up a bit with production. Finally put down some paint. Paint Scheme is British European Ocean Grey/Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Ended up using Gunze H335 Ocean Grey and H309 Dark Green Painted the model and blew up some profile pics to make paper masks to paint the top side color. Started sealing the finished paint work with Humbrol Gloss varnish, however it started reacting the the underlying paint (same problem when using Humbrol Satin and Matte varnish as well). Ended up with cracks over the wings. I don'
  11. G'Day All, Slowed up a bit with production. Finally put down some paint. Paint Scheme is British European Ocean Grey/Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Ended up using Gunze H335 Ocean Grey, H309 Dark Green and H306 Medium Sea Grey. Painted the undersides and free hand painted the camou scheme on top Spinner and fuselage band are painted Gunze H31 White Green. Started sealing the finished paint work with Humbrol Gloss varnish, however it started reacting the the underlying paint (same problem when using Humbrol Satin and Matte varnish as well). Ended
  12. G'Day All, Slowed up a bit with production. Finally put down some paint. Paint Scheme is British European Ocean Grey/Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Ended up using Gunze H335 Ocean Grey, H309 Dark Green and H306 Medium Sea Grey. Painted the undersides and free hand painted the camou scheme on top Spinner is painted Gunze H3 Red and the rudder and fuselage band painted Gunze H15 Blue. Started sealing the finished paint work with Humbrol Gloss varnish, however it started reacting the the underlying paint (same problem when usi
  13. G'Day All, Slowed up a bit with production. Painted the model with Gunze H302 Green. I Started sealing the paint finish with Humbrol Varnish - then switched to Gunze and Tamiya acrylic clear, after have problems with other kits currently on the go as well. And slowed down again, left it sit for a week until I did the decals Decals are NovaScale Decals. These are alps printed decals. I would suggest covering the decals with liquid decals film or a clear coat, as the printed images are fragile. I ended up touching up some of the artwork to cover
×
×
  • Create New...