Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Totally Mad Olivier

Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Totally Mad Olivier last won the day on May 21 2017

Totally Mad Olivier had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5,838 Excellent


About Totally Mad Olivier

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    St Raphaël, France
  • Interests
    Model making, football, cinema, music, e-biking

Recent Profile Visitors

2,297 profile views
  1. Indeed!! First time I see your thread, Poul, it is really beautiful and I look forward to see more! Cheers, O
  2. Nice build, John. Go on with the good job mate! Cheers, O
  3. Thanks Harvey and all! I am far from my bench for a few days. I should have a bit more time from Sunday (one week holiday at home). I take advantage of being far from home to visit other threads, what I don’t have the time to do usually, such this Jeroen’s one: My wife (and me too...) loves the Fiat 500 C, and Jeroen made a very nice build of this (other) iconic car... I also saw the Poul thread dedicated to a very nice old Alfa Romeo Pocher 1/8 build: I also fell on John’s Honda Prelude thread, going on nicely too: I also had a look at Roger (Hamden) ´s current build: The last (and only) time I built an armoured vehicle, I was about 15. It was a Tamiya 1/35 kit of the Matilda MK II. Roger does a great job on this Chieftain. Definitely, Britmodeller is a reference modeling site. Hannes, do you plan to go back soon to your bench? Cheers, O
  4. Very nice build, Jeroen, for a cute little car! May I suggest you to precise the scale (1/24, I suppose) in the title of the thread? Cheers, Olivier
  5. Dear mustang1989, I am glad to have another Mustang fan among the followers of my thread (Biggu and Houston are fans too). You can see that my progress is very slow because of lack of time and will to be faithful, but what an exciting build, with such a model. Cheers, TMO
  6. +1, Harvey! Very glad to see you back to your bench, btw... Cheers, O
  7. Thanks JCH for this comment. I am often wondering like you if having so many pics and measures of the full sized (pity, I am not owner of a 1965 Ford Mustang) car is a blessing or a curse. Definitely, it leads me to go very far in my will of truth with this build, but even when I have piecemeal reporting, like for my last Nieuport 11, I try to get as many precisions as possible to avoid errors. I didn't understand the sentence: "my OCD nature would spiral into madness". OCD? Cheers, TMO...
  8. Hello to all, If I did not forget a detail, my parts, once prepared, are ready for the Chrome painting job. The recipe is always the same, Alclad Chrome over a coat of TS-14 Gloss Black sprayed with the airbrush. But a painstaking masking job was first necessary for the dashboard: It is important to handle comfortably and safely the parts to be painted. In the case of the trim bars, fe, I chose to apply them on a portion of thick double sided tape. Here are all my parts the TS-14 once applied: I have now just to wait about 12 h before applying the Chrome Alclad. For the smallest Chrome portions, such the radio frame, another option will be used, probably using Molotow LC with a paintbrush. Thanks for watching Olivier
  9. N.B: - I got the Proxxon manual, and I must say I was very disappointed. It is a small book, but rather a catalog than a manual. I expected it would show several examples showing what you can do with a lathe, it is not the case. - I also just got the Canon printer. I will do the first trials soon, hoping it will allow me to get more details on custom decals such the pattern in the middle of the steering wheel.
  10. As many details of the Mustang dashboard, the central portion of the steering wheel is quite complex (and it is precisely the "baroque" style of this car that like many people, I do love). Even if we have to deal with the quite small 1/16 scale, it is important to restitute as well as possible this complexity to get a fine result. I evaluate the diameter of this central recessed area to about 1,8 mm (the global horn is 3,2 mm. I first drill a shallow hole with a 1,6 mm drill. Then I use my 1 mm home made sanding tool, ever seen above (post# 714 p. 29): And now, let's focus on the 3 spokes having to be connected on this central element. Here are below pics on which I will rely to represent them as well as possible: - this very nice 3/4 view: - the ever seen front view: - this close-up of an AMT spoke: Let's determine what must be the 3 round holes inside the spokes, using the rule of 3, from the 1,8 mm central portion of the horn: N.B: the dimensions of the oval holes on the AMT Chrome part are about: - big one: 1,5 x 1 - medium one: 1,3 x 0,9 - small one: 1,1 x 0,8 And a bit later: These spokes are indubitably much better now than the AMT initial ones. But are there really fine? Only a merciless comparison will give the answer: In such a box (a dental bur box), they are stored in very safe conditions: Now, I am gonna focus on the left direction handle. Cheers, TMO
  11. I just cut the 2 mm in excess on the steering column and now, it ever looks much better. But... Well, 6,5 mm diameter seems to me a lot, I will probably do a compromise. The biggest Evergreen tubes I have are 4,8 mm diameter (the one of the central portion of the part 65)... I will do a trial with this diameter. As I have to scratch build this central portion, let's check also its lenght, considering that the horn offset was not represented on the AMT part (I will try to represent it): More soon... Thanks for watching, TMO
  • Create New...