Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Putty Animal

Members
  • Content Count

    224
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

819 Excellent

2 Followers

About Putty Animal

  • Rank
    Established Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

296 profile views
  1. Very interested to see how you get on. This sort of research fascinates me. I tried to import the linked file on the Fokker D.V to blender in the hope of getting a 3-view drawing that I could slip into my windsock datafile on the aircraft. Unfortunately I'm a duffer with that sort of thing. Does anybody know how to manage it?
  2. Just got up to speed on this one. Very nice work indeed. There can't be too many people out there who can boast one of these in their 1/144 scale collections. Very inspiring!
  3. Hi DMC, thanks very much! I'm glad the technique will be useful. Especially on a Macchi M.33 - that's one of my particular favourites
  4. Sorry chaps for the lack of updates. The work on the booms is still going, although I admit I'm taking a small holiday from it after going at the Fee pretty solidly over the course of this year. I'm keen to get the little beast standing up on its undercarriage however so I will be able to show some more soon. Below are some pics of the booms so far. The jig has been handy in setting them up. The pilot holes have been drilled and temporarily pinned with straight lengths of .2mm wire to aid location. the two rearmost struts have been made and soldered into place. The .4mm tube that represents the spars has a vee of .2mm wire soldered into the ends where they meet. These help greatly with the alignment and will help locate the rudder post later on. I'm also using strips of thin styrene to act as spacers while I try to get everything precisely drilled and aligned. Once everything gets soldered together it should be pretty strong, but for now these are essential in getting it all together. So that's the Fe2. In the meantime while taking a breather I decided to try something a little less ephemeral and give it a playmate. This may or may not turn out to be a Pfalz D.IIIa one day: It was carved from 2 pieces of laminated styrene and whittled to shape. Also note the dummy Mercedes engine which was made from scratch. Here's a shot of it, just before I lost it to the carpet Mmmm bugger. Nevertheless I decided to push on. Canny readers will note the cutout for the Spandaus is appropriate for a D.IIIa, but the square-cut tailplane was for the earlier D.III version... Must do something about that. I was in two minds about the loss of the engine. On the one hand it was annoying, but on the other I wasn't 100% pleased with it anyway. As the blocks on top of the cylinders were a fraction too high and made the whole thing look funny when it was protruding from the upper cowling. So I went back to the drawing board and made another one. I think this should look a lot better.
  5. My goodness. You wouldn't know it was a difficult kit by looking at it. It looks wonderful.
  6. The smooth gloss on those Yaks is quite interesting.
  7. Looking fabulous. Its vacform origins now look well behind.
  8. Beautiful! Congratulations! I can just picture it parked on the tarmac at Hendon.
  9. I love it, well done and congratulations on a superb job! I’ve been working on one too, albeit in a slightly smaller scale, and it is very inspiring see one so well finished and photographed.
  10. Such a beautiful result. It has been such a pleasure to follow its progress, and the time and effort you put in is well worth it. It really is one to treasure.
  11. Such a fantastic result. Oh I do wish I had a Heyford half the size!
  12. Wow, that's really impressive. I think it is the nicest looking Buffalo I've seen in the scale. Congratulations on a beautiful job!
  13. What a great photo. Judging from the shape of the ailerons stacked against the wall, it looks like the photo was taken sometime in the interwar period. Apparently sometime before the rise of Britain's occupational health and safety laws.
×
×
  • Create New...