This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It beggars belief Steve!...I certainly wouldn't of wanted to sit there with all that behind my seat!.....true brave men! Thanks for all your comments lads
  3. Without wishing to hog this excellent thread,.....here is another old Airfix kit,.....the Hampden, converted into a TB.Mk.I; Cheers, Tony
  4. Brough Phantom

It’s difficult to tell from the picture, but unless the pilot was making a large stick input to roll to the right the exact moment the photographer took the shot, this one seems to have drooped ailerons. Strange if this the case, as drooping ailerons were a feature of the F-4K/FG.1, not the F-4M/FGR.2....
  5. Hiya Folks, I built this model in the Matchbox Group Build which has some fantastic models in progress and already done,.... it is well worth a schufti. Here is one of two Wimpey`s that I have built on the GB, this one representing a Wellington GR.Mk.XIV from what I believe to be 78 OTU, Ein Shemer, Palestine, during the late war period. It was brush painted using a mixture of enamels and acrylics, the tail turret was cobbled together from some Airfix Lancaster parts and items from the spares box, the wheels and propellers are from a Trumpeter Wellington and the nose glazing had the panel lines sanded off and it was then re polished. The cockpit interior also came from an old Matchbox Halifax kit,....here is the WIP; ,...And here is the model; The Coastal Command style white and Extra Dark Sea Grey colour scheme was modified by overpainting the white with black,..... but the white paint could be seen around the engine panels and cooling gills where the black chipped away, here is the real aircraft from the Crowood Wellington book; And here is the fantastic box art from the original kit; Cheers Tony
  6. Propellors/Airscrews

I think it was just a term appropriate at the time and as said above has been superceded by the more appropriate propeller. I have very rarely if ever come across the airscrew term when mixing with professional or other aviation types. Always an interesting subject though and enough to fill a book no doubt, or maybe it has ?
  7. My twin has a far more patrician pointy nose. Lovely Gannetry, Bill. Notes duly being made for a 1/48 (AS4) future build of mine. With folded wings. Oh yes.
  8. Cheers Stix, thanks inda looking forward to it myself Not really; if they are cheap stuff, don't expect great results in using them as washes Ciao
  9. Thanks Benedikt - ah, a good sleep, I remember that. I had one in 1983, just before our first child was born. (Look away PC!) They train you to get up early you know, before they turn into teenagers that you can't get up before noon. Now, for some unknown reason, I always wake up early(ish) each morning and my brain (what's left of it) starts thinking 'There must be something important I have to do today' and before I realise there isn't, I'm awake. ish. Oh for a lie in - I'm hoping I can do that soon. Thanks Pete I am boning up on G-BOAF for my next shift (yet to be booked). Faster than sound indeed but you'll hear the sonic booms. I wonder how, when Concorde was travelling faster than sound, how the passengers ordered their food and drinks? Perhaps they had to write it down... (I considered putting a 'this is a joke' emoticon in there but thought better of it, and you the reader!) Thanks PC, you are very kind I'm going to try a couple more shifts at Aerospace although I fear that standing around herding visitors isn't going to hold my interest for very long and my knowledge isn't good enough (yet) to add much to the experience for them. We shall see. Thanks Johnny and Steve - two more votes for no detailing so I may be encouraged to give it a miss... I still have the transfer details to challenge me! Backgammon club this morning so I might not do much.
  10. Film help

Be away with you Moon Zero Two is a classic of its genre. Even the best Sci-Fi film of all time and arguably on the best films of all time 2001: A Space Odyssey didn't go to any lengths to replicate the Moon 1/6th earth gravity. On a serious note they could not have used the Airfix LM kits as the film was made in 1968 and the Airfix kit wasn't available until early '70. I for one do not like the film, but don't what the MSTK3 bunch did to and other film of similiar genre, it as though people don't have thier own minds.
  11. Gluing tiny parts on Armoured Tank

Interesting method. I use small but strong tweezers. The cement will bond quicker and better if you slightly touch sth else (trash-worthy and old junk plastic) with the tips beforehand (only works if both sides are treated with glue in advance)
  12. Great thread and some lovely models,.......here is one of mine,....built well over 10 years ago now,....the 1/24th scale Hurricane converted into a Sea Hurricane Mk.Ib with scratch built hook, catapult spools and pilots head rest, the DH Prop came from a Spitfire. As sual with my stuff, it was brush painted; I`ve since learnt that the machine gun bay was silver, as was the interior framework in the cockpit! Cheers, Tony
  13. decaling started DSC_0008 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr
  14. You Know You're Getting Old When ......

Yes and in three weeks time I will be going to see the latest instalment at the cinema. Have seen all of the other movies on the big screen including the one off 3-D version of The Phantom Menace. When the first movie was shown in 1977, there were no distractions like mobile/smart phones to disrupt viewing !
  15. torn tulip parts covered with paint DSC_0006 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr DSC_0007 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr some more decal progress DSC_0004 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr DSC_0005 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr
  16. Kamov 28 Helix

Better than i terior, surely. Love the Catalan Independence torpedo!
  17. Navy-ating Bucc's fizzzing along

I didn’t even notice that; I was on a mission for Bill, so acting with laser-like focus, obviously. Or I’m an un-observant sod. Take your pick!
  18. weapons loaded DSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr DSC_0003 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr
  19. FOUR culture's sake (or, here we go again!)

acquired by Starfix's entrepreneur's
  20. The next set up for restoration are these Airfix 01746 Royal Horse Artillery
  21. Roden 1:144 C-141B Starlifter

I only got to see them a few times in my early airshow days. I love the B model the way they are long and slender like the stretched DC-8's. 1:72 would be tasty. No idea where I would put one though. Update. I finished spraying the grey last night. I'll give it all a rub down later and crack on with things.
  22. Sunderland Mk.III, Italeri 1/72

Good morning Marcel Very good start Best regards Patrice
  23. Rivers, nuts and bolts

Hey. thanks for the info and link there. I did that before, however I need them with the length of the bolt so it is better, quicker and cheaper (saving me hundreds of hours) buying them^^.
  24. Douglas Boston mk IV Havoc A-20G

Hi Michelle, You are doing a fine job, I am sure it's going to be a good I'm. Cheers Greg
  25. Boulton Paul Defiant

I'm currently writing the history of the Defiant for Pen & Sword - I've got quite a bit on 264 and would like to have a chat about your uncle. If you're interested, drop me a message on here or email me at Defiant1940@virginmedia.com Cheers, Andy
  1. Load more activity