Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

fubar57

Members
  • Content Count

    433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

402 Excellent

About fubar57

  • Rank
    Established Member
  • Birthday 10/07/1957

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Canada
  • Interests
    Creating 1/48 oddball schemes, woof woof

Recent Profile Visitors

291 profile views
  1. Thanks all. I tried to edit it to the correct section just after I originally posted but I couldn't find an option to do so. Is there such an option?
  2. Scroll down about halfway to get to the kits https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=TAMIYA+1%2F48+Focke-Wulf+Fw190A-3&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15
  3. This aircraft is from the Akeno Training Flight Division, Akeno Airfield, 1944. A very nice kit with no vices. When I started collecting info on this kit I noticed almost every build mentioned an over-lap of the of the wings near the wing root(see below). Many builders filed this in and a few let it be. I test fit mine and sure enough mine had it as well. Going through my books I found that this is correct, It represents the Fowler Flaps the aircraft used. To paint the innards I first used Model Master Acryl, some kinda dark blue, the name worn off years ago. This was lightly over-sprayed with Polly Scale Blue Grey. The aircraft moving surfaces were sprayed with Tamiya XF-14: J.A. Grey. Hasegawa provided decals for white Home Defence bands and these were a gawd awful beige. I measured the bands and then sprayed them on using Vallejo White with a few drops of Grey to tone it down. The Yellow ID bands were also sprayed on using Vallejo. I just purchased the new (to me) line of Vallejo Metallics; I used Semi-Dull Aluminum for this. The stuff sprays fantastic. For weathering I used Tamiya Panel Line Brown and around some of the panels and wing root area I used Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash. I use Citadel washes a lot as they can be slowly built up. I used the kit decals for the fuselage Hinomarus and tail markings. Somehow I got very, very lucky with these because when I went to apply the wing walk decal it shattered. I used the wing Hinomarus from my N1K2 George kit as they were a lot bigger than the ones Hasegawa depicted. For the aerial I used Uschi van der Rosten Superfine Rigging Thread-0.01mm. This stuff sticks almost immediately to CA and has a lot of stretch to avoid sagging. If there is a small minus to this thread it is so light and fine I never know when I have in my fingertips. To glue the thread at four points took seconds, to handle it took minutes
  4. Monogram B-29: the world's supply of lead might...might keep the front end down
×
×
  • Create New...