Jump to content

John Masters

Gold Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


John Masters last won the day on May 28 2023

John Masters had the most liked content!

About John Masters

  • Birthday 02/17/1965

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Paros, Greece
  • Interests
    Oh well...lots of stuff really.

Recent Profile Visitors

6,894 profile views

John Masters's Achievements

Blabber Mouth

Blabber Mouth (7/9)



  1. This kit has some fettling that is required, mostly to remove any moulding lugs that prevent a clean fit. I have assembled some pieces of the interior undercarriage and have painted them Sky, as instructed... While that paint dried I painted and assembled the cockpit and inserted it in the upper half of the fuselage. I tried to get the best pictures I could. Really lovely detail that will no longer be seen. PE seat harness...I'll give the control stick a lick of paint before closing it up. I gave the upper and lower fuselage pieces a test fit and it all fits, albeit very tightly. Clamping, elastics, etc..will be required once I am at that stage. --John
  2. Me too! Me too. I'm getting close to that stage. The gaps in the canopy have been filled. I am ready fro primer. --John
  3. No word yet from the repair shop. I have been watching 'Masters of the Air' and I am enjoying it. Before I begin a new episode, I have masked and attached the canopy. --John
  4. Thanks Dennis. I haven't heard back from the shop yet, but the fellow has other work to do besides mine. Crossed fingers indeed! Meanwhile, in between episodes of 'Masters of the Air' I have done a bit of modelling. --John
  5. By the numerous threads, I can see this is a very popular GB. I'm happy to be here. This is a neat little kit. Some PE, some resin, nicely moulded with very fine panel lines. I'll do my best to use as many pieces as possible, and in the right places. A bit of sprue... Resin bits and the canopy... Decals, PE and foil. The first page of the plans is all cockpit and the upper and lower fuselage halves. Lots of PE and resin. I gave the office parts some primer. I'll paint them and then install. The IP was the three larger pieces (resin, foil and PE) and the four very small PE bits. I actually was able to get them all on in their correct positions. A minor miracle on my part. PE parts 5-8 are attached on the outside of the IP. Teeny bits. Nice detail. And so... That's where I leave it tonight. Back to 'Masters of the Air.' --John
  6. Very cool. Looks like we'll have a few Operation Musketeer builds going on...
  7. One of my favorite Soviet choppers...I'll pull up a seat.
  8. Thank you! I quoted you twice in error. I tapped the wrong key in the first place and could not get back to where I wanted to be... Anyway...I'm looking forward to it for sure!
  9. Compresssor update: I have found a small electric repair shop for my airbrush compressor. It is actually a lighting shop that repairs and sells lamps, light fixtures, etc...they will do what they can. Crossed fingers! The office, gun pack and exhaust nozzle all fit neatly inside the fuselage half. This is a nice kit. Typical Tamiya quality where everything fits well. I know many of you already know this but this is a first build from this kit for me. I'm enjoying it. While that set up a bit I started in on the wings. Since I don't have my airbrush I had to use a hairy brush for the wheel well interiors. Once the first bit is dry I'll give it another thin layer of paint. And after that I closed up the fuselage, neat as a pin. I really do like this kit. --John
  10. The gaps are filled and some rough areas sanded down. I also gave the canopy a test fit. The seats are too high...whether that is my fault or the manufacturers isn't important. I was able to sand them down a bit so the glass will fit a bit more evenly around the edges. It will also need a bit of filler I warrant. I have found a small electric repair shop for my airbrush compressor. It is actually a lighting shop that repairs lamps, light fixtures, etc...they will do what they can. I will need it for the invasion stripes. --John
  11. Thank you. I have a feeling that the part is specific to the type of switch used, if that is indeed the issue. I have investigated a little and because there are no more small electric appliance repair shops on the island, it would cost me as much to send it to Athens for repair and then have it returned as to buy a new one.
  • Create New...