All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Dave, Martin & Colin! It's slow progress, not helped by my deciding to restore a 50 year old FROGasawa E.E. Lightning at the same time. But what really been a pain (literally) is that I've developed a very dodgy neck/shoulder. It limits my modelling time and typing on the PC... ouch! Better go. I'll be sticking some decals on this weekend! Charlie
  3. Thanks both. No reason smaller scales need to mean lower quality. This model is much bigger than many 1/72 models.
  4. I think what surprises me more than anything is how much that V8 looks like it belongs. Good work.
  5. You're probably thinking of this one. It's about the colour standards, like a French version of FS595. It doesn't really show which colors apply to which airplanes.
  6. Hello again Chums,some twiddly bits this time. Airfix has a slot in the head armour for the seat harness to go through.Spitfires with a fuel tank behind the seat didn't have anywhere back there to route and anchor the straps so the QL harness was devised which went over a roller attached to the head armour and down to an anchor point on the seat mounting frame.The slot has been filled and a roller rig made from a length of copper wire flattened at each end and bent to shape.This photo has just revealed to me that I ought to move it across a gnats to centralise it. The oblique camera is supplied in two parts,the lens being transparent plastic.Wikipedia has this to say about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F24_camera#. More gen can be found here https://www.imcsmilitaria.com/shop.php?code=63879 and it should look like this Some gen on the vertical cameras can be found here https://georgy-konstantinovich-zhukov.tumblr.com/post/31689607542/spit-recon which is where I found this photo A full suite of three cameras couldn't be carried so I'm only going to put this one in. There is a decal for the instrument panel.I decided to try a slightly different approach to usual.I cut the decal into three pieces to separate the centre panel from both sides. I then spotted some Klear onto each dial face individually instead of all over. The decals were positioned as best I could and left to sort themselves out. Once dry the carrier film was picked away.Unfortunately I've got them slightly off but if you don't tell anyone I won't. I've made a start on the seat harness using thin wire and painted masking tape.https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18351-sutton-harnesses-for-the-spitfire/ There are lots more bits I could add to the cockpit but I'm going to settle for adding a bit of wiring to this lot and that'll do.I'd like to finish this one sometime soon. Thanks all for looking in,more soon.
  7. As long as its 25% or less completed its admissible.If it's over that you can still build it, but the final RFI images would go into the Inspiration Gallery instead of the Main Gallery.
  8. Your damn lucky I've been ensconced in the deepest, murkiest recesses of Ceredigion for the past seven days else it might have been your turn to do the honours. The interwebs were barely existent there, in fact, I wrote this a week before I got there so no hope of responding to your request, running water is still a novelty and rumour has that the Bell's box telephone will make an appearance next year. Ironically ice cold showers were the order of the day unless I could cajole the Memsahib into firing up the log burner and manning the giant hamster wheel while ordering Baldrick to bung on a few members of the local peasantry. The less said about the 'Final Push', the better... indoor khazis have yet to be invented
  9. Quite amazing in this scale & looks far more like 48th or even larger. Wow! Pat.
  10. Everything so well done. Each further look rewarded with something else to spot.
  11. Second set of torsion bars done, plus rear firewall and 2 side walls.for the engine compartment
  12. Wow, these are really nice! I love the subjects and the work.
  13. Thanks Simon, Shouldn't be too long before it's done. Cheers, Alistair
  14. Question - is something you've started but barely admissable? I'm looking at doing naval subject, what I have in mind has had the two hull halves and hangar deck assembled, aside that it's all to do, would that be okay?
  15. Thanks very much, That is extremely kind. Many thanks Amos, It was a lot of fun. Cheers, Alistair
  16. 1/12th scale. As far as materials go, it tends to be from all sorts of odds and ends kicking around my workshop. It just depends on what lends itself to whatever part(s) I am making. In the main I use plastics, metal and wood. I don't 3D print anything or mould resin parts as I prefer using mainly hand tools and some small standard engineering machinery, a lathe, toggle press and milling machine being my main go to items. What many guys are producing off 3D printers is absolutely amazing, don't get me wrong. But it is not an avenue I wish to go down with my model making a I get more satisfaction by manually making things. Before retiring I worked as an Engineeriing Cad Cam Technician at a local high school and before that in industry as a CNC machine programmer so pleased to get away from PC screens in my workshop and using paper plans.
  17. Great little kit by the looks of it, stuck a few bits together tonight. Engine has a nice detail to it in this scale, chassis was tricky trying to line all the bits up and get straight and level, but I think it's OK. Would have preferred it in 1/24th, but I'm coping with all the small pieces up to yet. Off to GCR tomorrow to play trains, so might not get any more done this weekend.
  18. Wow! This is looking fantastic! 👌 The Gerat and ammo carrier havevturned out really well in all aspects .... build, paint and weathering. Great work on the base too! 👏 Keith 😁
  19. Wow! Some serious hacking going on here. Looks awesome.
  20. Telling a story without words is quite an achievement. Great stuff!
  1. Load more activity