Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sebastien

Members
  • Content Count

    902
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Sebastien last won the day on May 18 2015

Sebastien had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

897 Excellent

About Sebastien

  • Rank
    Honorary retrophrenologist
  • Birthday 11/19/1965

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://su22m4.free.fr
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The armpit of France
  • Interests
    Single malt Scotch whisky
    Terry Pratchett
    Being a nuisance

Recent Profile Visitors

3,464 profile views
  1. Hi fin fans, Some (small) progress on the Tornado. Painting is complete-ish, as is most of the assembly. The red lips around the intakes add some life to the scheme. Next step : the landing gear (you can see it on the pictures, it need some wiring and stuff). As the doctor said : S.
  2. Thanks, and I used these cause they look the part... Maybe I should have used Basalt Grey... Cheers, S.
  3. And now, with some paint on it. Dark Sea Grey : Gunze H331 Dark Green : Gunze C330 And with the stabilators (partly) painted : Next: nozzles and noisy bits. Cheers, S.
  4. So the blemishes have been corrected, and we're very much approaching the paint stage... More soon... S.
  5. And after some puttying and sanding: And now, it's gonna be the same old song and dance until I'm satisfied with what I've done. Stay tuned, S.
  6. Thanks! But let's keep our heads cool... So, with a coat of Mr Surfacer 1500 black primer: TBH, it's not that bad, and most of the blemishes are my fault. Let's check them. 1: I've been a bit over-enthusiastic with the CA glue... 2 and 3: the bottom of the air intakes is the spawn of Yog Sottoth. 4 and 5: a couple of swipes with a sanding sponge will be needed to have everything level. 1: self-explanatory, I'd say. 2 and 3: another couple of swipes with a sanding sponge to have everything level. 1: a bit of putty needed. 2: Sanding sponge to have various curves matching. 1: let's match the curves with the sanding sponge... 1 and 2: bad joints, nothing bad but it needs to be done. 1 and 2 : a little bit of masking, putty and sanding. 3: joint needs to be checked. Back to work! Cheers, S.
  7. Let's build and paint the nose. As I started the post with a quite not that subtle allusion to 70 rocks, RU ready to rock? And to keep the heavy rock mood going, let's cross the Atlantic and a bit over a decade and slide it in. As it is, just slid aroud the lower plate of the fuselage, there's quite a gap. But a bit of CA glue, a squirt of accelerant, and voilà: Next stage: spraying the model with Mr Surfacer 1500 black, and hiding or removing all my mistakes. Stay tuned! S.
  8. Thanks. I think it was Shaun who taught me that approach. It does save the builder from a world of hurt (and swearing, and putty, and stuff). Thank you too. I like the wing pylon HARMs with tanks under the shoulder pylons. But TBH, I'm not decided yet. Cheers, S.
  9. Hi folks, Well, as a not exactly even keeled singer from Boston used to sing, I'm back in saddle again. New home away from Paris, and a very nice 20 sq meter room in the basement just for me and my models. After a 10 month hiatus in modelling, I decided to tackle something I knew before going for stronger stuff. And I think I kinda know Revell's Tornado quite well. So : - one Revell IDS Tornado: check - one Mission Mark Decals "AMI Tornado before turnig grey" decal sheet: check - HARM missiles and pylons from Kinetic Hornet kit: check Let's roll. As usual, I carefully ignored the instructions (they are often wrong and induce an overuse of putty I'm totally not interested in). First things first: the air intake veins with the auxiliary intake doors fairings: Intake veins assembled and glued to the fuselage bottom: Quite a bit of flash on the wing glove seals parts: The wing gloves are glued to their fuselage sides and the sides are glued to the fuselage bottom: Wing pivots are glued in place (instruction are wrong there about which part goes where, something you'll have to get used to on Revell Tornadoes). Wings are assembled and glued on their pivot. There was a melted hole on the fuselage top I don't know the origin of. Well, it happens. The airbrake are glued to the fuselage top. With a bit of caution, no putty will be needed. And the fuselage top is glued in place. A bit of persuasion will be needed, but nothing much. The intakes are built (this is the messiest part so far, I used cyanoacrylate and accelerant as a putty for the joint lines under the intakes) and glued to the fuselage. The joints are rather clean so far: The airbrakes region will need some work, but nothing serious: The front end is quite good: I ground away the bits inside the upper fixed part of the wing: Then I glued them in place and added the fin: To be continued ith the cockpit. Cheers, S.
  10. Thanks, but this is not my point. But if you read the poster, you see the kit includes Skybolt missiles (as shown) AND Blue Steel AND Polaris air-launched system, which I didn't know about. S.
  11. One thing about that poster : I didn't know about the air-launched Polaris system. Cheers, S.
×
×
  • Create New...