Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


dov last won the day on November 4 2020

dov had the most liked content!


Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

4,470 profile views

dov's Achievements

Very Obsessed Member

Very Obsessed Member (5/9)



  1. @Blimpyboy, great thanks. A mixed load looks good. I will use a tank in white at centerline. Two cruise missiles under the engine. At the wing tip the pods. The most outer station the R-73. At the wing inner station maybe the fast sleek missile, or just R-23 ET/R. This 23 with zebra! Anyway great thanks to Japan. Happy modelling
  2. Hallo Oh yes, it was a help. I thought about this matter as you wrote. But I was far from sure. I do not have the idea of building an aircraft in developement. My Su-34 will be an early batch one, with bright camo and white radom. Happy modelling
  3. Hallo Today I am confused by different paint shemes of R-27 missiles. No matter which version. R or T or ER or ET. On some pictures they are seen with black cross strips on the missile body a few inches of widths. Specially on the Su-34. I do asume, that this are not operative weapons. Just marked for filming or something like this. What is it really for? Happy modelling
  4. Hallo Yesterday I finished it. Weapons are loaded. All probes installed and all antennas installed. All control surfaces installed. Seat and details in the cockpit installed. Hope nothing is forgotten. Happy modelling
  5. Hallo Some steps forward. The missiles are done. The 73s and 27s. As well as the Moskit. Launchers and pylons I started today. You can see some examples. Just one side done. The quality of stencils is excellent. Some days more until I can finish my model. Happy modelling
  6. Hallo Some days past. In meantime the weapons and the launchers and pylons are finished. And all parts painted. Weapons, expect the Moskit missile I still have to stencil. Corona stopped me for five days. Not bad, no fever but tired. Today I stenciled the Moskit. To install this weapon is evil. The tollerances on the fuselage to the centerline pylon makes the installation to a nightmer. Really. The installation of the missile requires two steel pins, since there is just one shallow plastic pin. You need your brain and you must avoid the instruction. Painting the missiles was a joy with all the masks I had! Tomorrow stenceling. This week I want to assemble the model and finish it. Pictures during the next days. Happy modelling
  7. Well,, it is sad! So, the flat etched wires I never achieved a good result. I use my rigging technique I often refered to. Please check my posts. I have a detailed description on how to do. Check also my WNW models. Happy modelling
  8. Hallo Your question: short answer. Any black you desire and just bear in mind to give this cowling cylindrical area a smooth flat finish. The exhaust area is something different. Some strains in brown could be added. Every gloss color has smaler pigments than flat colors! Use clear varnish to achieve the surface of your desire! Happy modelling
  9. @Giorgio N, you may look at one of my RFI. I built this a/c in 32 scale. My Interpretation. Happy modelling
  10. Hallo Decaling & stencling is done. Gloss varnish & fine flat varnish is done. Gear is assembled, not so the doors. All other steps for assembling are left over, to be done later on, according with the installation of the weapons. Also the doors, where I am looking forward and do not whant a collission with the weapon load later on! So have a look. The assembling of the gear has some hazzards. I saw them comming. The accutator of the rear at the main landing gear leg is such a thing. To find the rear hole! The front gear: The stubs of the axle is quite long, so you get in collisision with the mud guard. So far, next time more. Happy modelling
  11. The technology at this time was far away of making a devestating air war. The enormous will and acceleration in technology, radar, navigation, optics etc. and enormous mass of military equipment gave a chance of a brutal air war. None of these was thetr 1938. As well on the German or any one elses side! Germany could never recruit and train enough aircrews too. Not to forget: Germany never switched to war ecconomy! Happy modelling
  12. In the book, I read some time ago, there is also a Ju-87 for getting to his airfield! And some Klemm, which his parents hold. Happy modelling
  13. Hallo Now over three days I was stencling. Not finished yet. It will take some days more. Happy modelling
  14. Hallo Now, today I completed the front cockpit. The front glass was also attatched. After getting the smal gaps filled with CA and grinded, I put on a the whole aircraft and all not applied parts as rudder and so on, a base varnish of clear gloss coat. With GX 112 from Gunze. Afterward I started with the panel lines. Far from finished now. This will be quite a few days untill I got my panel lines done. Afterward I will place all stencils. When the aircraft is finished I will start with the weapons. Happy modelling
  15. May I ask you to look on all my figging threads! And some of my examples. Use low cost materials. I opposition to the answer you got, I do absolutly not recomend Uschi material, since theycget such a heavy electric load which pulls on your nerves! Avoid them. Use monofills. The web link from WW1 models is quite good too. My way: Save money and nerves! Stay away from expensive aftermarket products, for bigger models with 120 eyelets! Happy modelling
  • Create New...