All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's what I understood. But being the only one used for camouflage trials doesn't necessarily mean it was the only one to be camouflaged. Just that the others weren't used for trials. Ian
  3. THAT IS AWESOME! Sorry for shouting, but it's truly stunning!
  4. Apologies for absence, Real Life keeps interfering with modelling and other Important Things! However, it's final assembly time and once I got started I didn't want to pause to post progress images until I had the full set, I may have to split this post as it'll be a bit image-intensive but I'll see how it pans out. Here goes... First the street rod's lower body/floorpan assembly was finally mounted on the chassis... Then it was time to glaze the truncated 2CV bodyshell and fit the wipers... Then the floor went on... ...followed by the seats... ...steering column assembly (including transmission selector)... ...and finally the bodyshell. The dash was fitted at some point prior to this but I can't remember exactly when, it's all a blur... The modified radiator was then finally installed... ...and the rear finally received some attention. A raid on the spares box yielded a set of ideal tail lights and a bumper assembly from a Jaguar E-Type which was dimensionally correct and just needed the ends shortening. Round at the sharp end the nosecone and struts were fitted and aligned. Finally the intended shape emerged... All that was need now were the headlights (from the street rod) and door handles. The car is now essentially complete bar a few bits of final fettling and detailing so this will be the final entry in this particular thread. Here's a few pics to tide you over until I can get round to creating an RFI thread... Huge thanks as always for your company, interest and comments during this slightly lunatic build. I've enjoyed it immensely and I hope you have too. However, you'll probably be relieved to hear that I'm sticking to OOB builds for a while (I know, I know, I've said it all before) until the next mental aberration hits! Cheers for now.
  5. Nice to have you along for the ride. It was the scheme that sold the kit to me. Cheers, Alistair
  6. Good afternoon folks, Worst: Unlike Andy H, Siouxsie and band were my worst live show. November '77 in Coventry, they were middle billing between The Killjoys (Kevin Rowland pre Dexys) and The Heartbreakers (ex New York Dolls). 40 minutes of Siouxsie yelping and screeching feedback! Best: Got to include Thin Lizzy a year before the worst. November '76, Johnny the Fox tour, playing so well and two killer albums featured. Simple Minds, OMD (Architecture& Morality tour) and Echo & the Bunnymen at the Birmingham Odeon also feature highly. Cheers, Nigel.
  7. So I've just chucked about a kilo of Silicone at the cannon part as it is a bit of a booger to mold. Hopefully it will not be in vain. In the meantime I re-affirmed my belief that adding Thrixopic thickner to the mix is the way to go for the strut and seat sections as this will save a ton of Silicone and it's just easier to paste onto the master and work it in to every nookncranny. Should be able to do a bit more on this little fella later. Fimo is scary good but I need smaller/finer tools.
  8. Thanks very much. It looks a bit lighter in the photos than in the cabinet. Many Thanks. Cheers, Alistair
  9. Yes to Recce. I wouldn't entirely agree about the previous debate being "fruitless", as I learnt a lot including the units operating these. The new book has several photos. I've just reached that chapter. It wasn't your comment about "the same wing" that I was alluding to, but a previous posting.
  10. Does the new book shed any additional light on the previous lengthy - and ultimately fruitless - debate on recon cameras? 😑 https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235111487-recce-macchis-c200-and-c202/page/2/
  11. Hu-131 seems indeed to be a very good choice, taking into consideration the scale effect
  12. Excellent result on your SB-2M Alexey, she has turned out really well and I think you have captured the look of the painted aluminium finish perfectly. Very well done.
  13. I have to agree if Trumpter comes out with the 1/200 PE I am in probably be another $1K for me. Thanks Mick I usually get bored with long builds here I just jump to another station on secondary guns ATTM.
  14. If the exhausts line up with the thrust line then the entire engine has been moved up, and hence the engine bearers will be different.
  15. Again...I said the C.200 and C.202 wings were similar, not identical. My main point was that the 202's fuselage structure evolved in a more straightforward way than I had previously realized, which actually left all flying surfaces located identically in respect to the fuselage datum. The primary diffs in the C.200 and C.202 wings were a change from "pointy" to "rounded" airfoil profile, done by changing the detachable stamped LE section; and revised aileron balance weights, making an offset in the 202's aileron hinge line. The basic internal structure, plan geometry, dimensions including unequal spans, were not changed. Some late 200's actually had the 202 wing. The rounded LE (and minor revisions to the root fairings) and aileron details are obvious, and again point out that the core bits were shared all along. I've been a Macchi fan for many years and have a good library. It will be interesting to see if the book fills any gaps.
  16. I am glad this thread resurfaced as I missed these two beauties when they first were posted and that is a shame. Both are done so well, especially when you consider they are brush painted. Just really little pieces of art. Thanks for letting this go around again.
  17. The best gig I've been to is difficult as I have so many good memories however the worst is easy. A mate of mine when I was in the RAF had never been to a gig so he decided to put that right and bought a couple of tickets for a gig in Dundee. He kindly offered me the spare ticket and off we went. The 'band' in question was The Enid, my goodness but they were bad, nothing about them was entertaining. After 20 minutes my mate turned to me and said, 'this is really bad, let's get out of here". That coming from a guy with nothing to compare this experience to tells you how bad it was. Duncan B
  18. Today
  19. Great looking Mitchell and the olive drab looks correct in the photos. Don't worry. Just a wonderful build and finish. Thanks for sharing.
  20. Here's the RFI thread with more photos: My next project will be a pair of Eduard Bf109s. Unfortunately not a Zwilling so it won't be in this group build.
  21. This is a kit I've been keen to get my hands on for a while. I had the chance to pick it up at the model show in Hinckley recently and I've been looking forward to starting on it since. In the box are two complete kits for a Bf109F-2 and a Bf109F-4. As expected with Eduard there are a myriad of option parts on large sprues to cover just about every minor variation you can think of. As this is a limited edition dual kit, it's got a fantastic instruction booklet with a wealth of information about the Bf109F and the options in the kit. A total of 10 schemes are included, offering a nice variety of choices. I'm sure I'll end up using plenty of the spares in the future. There's also a full set of canopy masks and etch for both models in the box. Though I'm not a big fan of etch, I'll be making good use of it since it's included.
  1. Load more activity