This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Until very recently I didn't even own a single Star Wars kit - pretty much for the same reason that I don't own any German Armour kits, so many people build them that I don't feel the urge to join in... until now that is. I picked this up on eBay a few weeks ago and when it arrived I thought it looked very nice so since we are doing "Anniversaries" as our Telford theme, what better way to commemorate the 40th Anniversary than to take the plunge and build some Star Wars! So lets start with this... Nice decal sheel - I love that they give you clean and damaged versions of the markings Japanese instructions... oookay... English ones! Construction is fairly strightforward so it didn't take long (ie pretty much a single evening) to get to this stage The R2 unit and the detail strip behidn the pilot is nice and paints up very well I have begin painting and will be doing some paint chipping effects, so more on this later...
  3. Nice Mustang, good to see a B, well done you.
  4. Some 1/1 modelling! A-10

I asked if we were going to pre-shade it. We decided on getting a water bomber to fly over loaded with some Flory wash.
  5. Ignore

Oh really, It explain pretty well ! Now I know the way I became a bad boy ! ! Sincerely. CC
  6. Ignore

Right, that's it. I'm ignoring the lot of you. This started as a perfectly good post about ignoring, but now it is just getting silly. On with the next post
  7. Some 1/1 modelling! A-10

Is that real ?? I don,t see any panel lines ?? Looks like one of those replica things like James May made
  8. 1/48 Stuka recommendation

DDELK: I think the newer issue of the kit which is the R2 will be applicable... Have a look here... hope this link works https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/junkers-ju87b-2-r-2-stuka-1-72.html It even has the snake motifs that you want
  9. Short 184 at RNAS Newlyn.1916-18

Rob, the one I've got is:- 'Royal Air Force, the aircraft in service since 1918' , Michael turner, Temple Press ISBN 0-600-34933-0. Foreword by Raymond Baxter.
  10. FOUR better - or worse!

a well known cure
  11. ML

Not the right forum maybe. But I'm having trouble viewing forums over on Missing-lynx. Just getting re-directed to a Network54 not found and search page (when searched no mention of ML forums) If anyone is also a member on ML, can you have a peek and let me know. So I can figure out if it's something on my end. Ta very much Tom
  12. Minion's Finnish pencil

A very nice Pencil on the way, Craig!
  13. Was that the one on eBay recently? I almost put a bid in but managed to restrain myself...
  14. Jason, sorry, I've just googled them out writing "boeing 281 Spain" and then looked at the graphics. I do not know the book... Epimedium - regarding roundel on SCW subjects. I think your interepretation is highly possible. I think that if the airplane was in service before outbreak of Franco rebel it has roundels. So this is like with boeing 281, I think. Good example are Martyniside Buzzards - at the very begining they fly just with roundels, than red strips were added. Similar with Bregs XIX. However if the camo was added from top I do not belive, that there was any reason to keep roundles not overpainted. Therefore I do not belive that NiD 51 or Fury wear still roundles when they became camouflaged. Perhaps only from bottom, which was left alu so in pre-war livery. If it was painted light blue I think the roundles should be also overpainted. This is just for logic. Is there any photo evidence against this logic? Best regards J-W
  15. The Power Loader is a great kit,The Ripley figure is an abomination,I used a Neca Ripley figure instead in mine
  16. 80's Front Line Asia, we are 30!!

It will be an honour for us to be your first GB @celt! GB's are a great place to get inspired and to learn and to have some fun too, there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. And very well done for being number 30 on the list and getting us over the threshold for the GB vote! Craig.
  17. Ignore

I should say that I agree ! But I'm a nozy guy, so I can surely give it a try ! Blutwurst is about the same that black pudding no ?? Aaaaa Hum ! The Olympic breakfast from the little chef in the '90 But Frûhstuck is pretty good too ! Dears, I'm going to be hungry again ! Let's have a shot of Lamb's Sincerely. CC also a great fan of Panzers ! PS Have a real Panther at 22 kms from my home
  18. Dornier Do 18-D

Many years ago, before I was married and got to touch a lady on the (semi-)regular, I used to attend GenCon, a very large Dungeons and Dragons convention, which not incidentally in sartorial terms makes Telford look like London debs being presented to HRH The Queen. I always wore a suit, because one has a responsibility to raise the tone.
  19. 80's Front Line Asia, we are 30!!

It certainly does Dave! Excellent choice of subject, glad to have you aboard. Craig.
  20. Some 1/1 modelling! A-10

Almost. It's minus gun and engines. If you stand on the tailplane, it will rock!
  21. Ignore

Love Black Pudding Love Cheese Together Not sure Think not
  22. Dornier Do 18-D

That was never in doubt Bill, whatever else was going on the Brum table was on the itinerary as a matter of course. Knowing Tomo will be in the vicinity too, well, icing+cake really. Is there a map of where all the various clubs etc. are stationed? I must check the website... Did I say I love the sihrsc? Magnificent implement. If I can fight my way through the hordes of society photographers trying to get shots of all the beautiful people I'll do my best PC. It is smart formal-wear at these events I take it? I have had good teachers on the forum. Same with learning to solder. <Looking at you Mr. Heath...> A final surge tonight - some detailing on those tanks: Serendipitously one of the circuit boards I'd been dismantling had some itsy-bitsy metal cuff-like things that looked perfect for one of the connection points on top of the tanks, so these were CA'd into a drilled hole on each one. The remaining work adding a second connection with pipework was made from a punched-out piece of metal foil and some scrap tube, plus handling rails down each side with more metal foil for the straps: hardly a thrilling set of tasks so I just took a shot at the end: They look a bit like steampunk suppositories in that state but slathered with some primer and paint later on they should set off the metal nave of the tankraum rather nicely. Sweet dreams all. Tony
  23. Ignore

If you want great food, try this..... ...a black pudding and cheese toastie. Food of the gods! Dont Trevor
  24. So there you are, even later to the party than usual. There used to be a Ju52 at Blackbush ( but not with floats ) many years ago, it sounded like three small boys rattling sticks around the insides of corrugated dustbins, I was also at Hearhrow when one was doing a tour of Europe in Lufthansa colours, that one sounded slightly better. I'll go back to page 1 tomorrow and catch up. Cheers John
  1. Load more activity