Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

tiking

Members
  • Content Count

    1,153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

tiking last won the day on December 25 2017

tiking had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,692 Excellent

2 Followers

About tiking

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 01/04/1969

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Sweden

Recent Profile Visitors

3,396 profile views
  1. Hihi! In the world of modeling... Its no hold bars.
  2. Here are two projects I just completed. The Zenith Pod Racer: -------------------------------------- The V.A.P. Bike, a.k.a, 'The Seahorse'. I'm always finding ways of milking a design of a AG vehicle. This trip is another simple design I got from seeing the 'Droid STAP' (Single Trooper Aerial Platform), bike from the clone wars. Like the 'STAP' bike, the operator stands on this one. This bike is also nicknamed, the 'Seahorse'. Why? Well, simply because of its seahorse outlined appearance.
  3. Darn fine job with this build, Peter. I love it.
  4. Thank you Bill. Glad you can envision the end results. Appreciate it Keith.
  5. Thank you kindly, Pete. Appeciate it. Glad you approve. Thank you Tony.
  6. I made a floating gantry for the G-8 pod. I will have to add a figure. 1/24 scale might work here.
  7. I forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me. Will put together something.
  8. I buckled up the corrugated sidings and dirtied it up a bit. Re-positioned the welder at the ripper instead, as I was told it would be better and more believable if he is doing welding work there instead. I managed to get the kinks out, about 99%. So I'm satisfied with it. Now, I have a couple more details to add, at least for now.
  9. Glad you like the update Harry. Great idea about the sides of the corrugated sidings being damaged. Will work on it. Thanks Pete. Great ideas.
  10. The cables are the ordinary threaded type, which looks quite convincing when painted and weathered correctly. I was forced to remove the circular cylinder from the crane hook, and re-aligned the threads ( at least I had a go of trying to straighten them out) . It's a little better, not perfect, but I will add some weights, to see if I can get it to straighten out a little bit more. Perhaps add some CA, to the parts that are kinking, as you described.
  11. Thank you. Hi Richard. Appreciate your tips. I have been contemplating all these ideas and although it looks plain, signs arw not usually a must, in private own local businesses. I have done some research and have seen a some huge warehouse structures with no sign ot minimum. But I understand what u mean. I will probably add a port sign or two. Thank you do much for your encouraging words.
  12. Ok guys. Here is stage 3. As you can see, since stage 2 was posted sometime ago, I've added a scratch built steel truss with an overhead crane. The overhead crane is a kit from Walthers. Yes, it is a HO scale railroad kit. But within the parameters of this scale, its usage was perfect. I had to cut and splice the kit to fit the space I needed. I also incorporated some scratch built parts to give it some UMP! If you noticed, one of the mechanics has a remote control that operates the overhead crane. The crane itself was modified to simulate the new changes as it was manually operated by a operator who sat in a cab in the air. So, I justified this by the removal of that cabin and replacing the controls as a remote control device, in the hands of the operator. I have one issue, that I am still working out. It is to get the tension of the crane cables straighten out. It's a little better than before, but you can still see a little kink . Any suggestion let me know. I also added a scratch built corrugated siding at both ends of the workshop entries. Added a scratch built flood light at both ends as well. I added a fourth figure, a welder. I am still working at improving my figure painting, so don't hit me over the head, too hard. I know I still need more work. But I can tell, I am improving. I am still contemplating, if he should be welding where he is at the moment. I'm looking for other alternatives. so, he is not glued in placed until I've decided. I've also added more detail in the armor cabin. You can see a wire hanging downwards, that looked it has been strip from whatever it was connected to, after being removed from the body. I thought it would add some interest to the effect of the diorama. So far that's about it. Will try and take some better photos and post the final look, when I get everything finalized. Thanks for looking.
×
×
  • Create New...