The Salty Sea Dog GB Chat

TonyOD

2 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Ok I’m definitely building the Sablatnig, probably the Freidrichshaffen too and possibly the Hanriot, mostly depending on what my wip looks like come the beginning of January. Now I did manage to get five builds primed today, so all things being equal I have quite a few builds that are nearly completed…

i have no idea what any of these things  are… which is precisely why I think I’m going to enjoy this GB! 

• Haha 5

On 12/19/2022 at 3:23 PM, TonyOD said:

Message from the bridge:

In anticipation of the Salty Sea Dog going live, I've started compiling a build list that will summarise all our different maritime endeavours and link to the respective WIPs and (eventually) RFIs (I may categorise it along the lines of aircraft, ships, figures, vehicles, other). If you'd like to indicate hereunder what you have in mind for the GB (brief description of subject, kit manufacturer, scale) it would save me some hassle at showtime, given the number of potential participants and how busy the holiday season can be. You may have already given a heads up above but this thread's over a year old now and there would be much sifting to do. No obligation of course, you can just start your WIP when the time comes, but it would help me out.  Mucho appreciado.

Please disregard this earlier request, now that @Enzo the Magnificent has opened the GB for business I can just pick them up when threads are started. Some very interesting subjects on the list already!

@CliffB @psdavidson @Rabbit Leader @Ray S @Evil_Toast_RSA @zebra @Robert Stuart @Grey Beema @RevDWC @MarkSH @JOCKNEY @bianfuxia @Wez @Torbjorn @Jabba @Bobby No Mac @Dansk @Mig Eater @Bbdave @Corsairfoxfouruncle @desert falcon @Arniec @heloman @Scargsy @Alan P @John Masters @PAUL67 @RaceAddict @dnl42 @Mattp7999 @Chewbacca @Norseman 3:16 @PeterB @ModelingEdmontonian @2996 Victor @825 @Ettore @OutcastJoel @MARADER @John Laidlaw @flashlight @Grandboof @Rafwaffe @Wings unlevel @Maginot

A call to arms!

Thanks to you all for supporting the Salty Sea Dog GB proposal while it was on the Bunfight campaign trail. Happily the proposal not only made it onto the 2023 calendar, but it did so in fine style, with the most votes for any proposal. Just a heads up that Lord High master of the Group Builds @Enzo the Magnificent has kindly opened the GB thread a little earlier than would normally the case, given the imminent holiday period and all that goes with it, so if you have a build, or (why not) builds in mind, you can start your build thread at your leisure in anticipation of the bottle of champagne being ceremoniously smashed over the bow of HMS Salty Sea Dog on Saturday 7th January, and I'll be happy to add them to the growing build list. Thanks to @Col. who has kindly offered to co-host what promises to be a popular GB to kick off the new modelling year!

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 17

Got your notification Tony, now the hard part… choosing a subject? Thankfully my current research (Post War British Light Carriers in Foreign service) has plenty of juicy and exotic aircraft to choose from, so I just need to land my dart on any one of 10 possible choices before finally deciding which way to go! 

Shan’t be too much longer…

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5

I've got a few options to choose from but the front runners are something from the Ka-27 Helix family (possibly one from the icebreaker Siberia), a CASA 212 Aviocar (Swedish coastguard) and a TA-4J. I'll probably change my mind three or four times before the GB starts though.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Faraway said:

Can you add me to the list please ?

Do you need to know what I’m planning on building ?

Jon

Good to have you on board John. I understand you're a GB first-timer, so can I point you towards the welcome and rules thread which will tell you how things work?

I'll add your build(s) to the build list when you start your WIP thread(s), which can be any time you like. Looking forward to seeing your work, as I've said elsewhere I know nowt about ships and I'm looking forward to learning a bit!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

😍😍😍😍😍😍

I've seen how much they go for on a certain auction site and am gutted that I didn't buy it at standard retail price when I saw one a few years ago. 'you snooze, you loose' as they say. but it's just so quirky I really should have got it

13 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

I've seen how much they go for on a certain auction site and am gutted that I didn't buy it at standard retail price when I saw one a few years ago. 'you snooze, you loose' as they say. but it's just so quirky I really should have got it

I didn't know such a thing existed. Definitely one to keep an eye out for.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 12:27 AM, Ngantek said:

Still patiently waiting on the much anticipated Ledbury build 😀

That was one of the other contenders that I didn't name in this thread. Go on, give the conscience knife a twist. 😁   Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3