All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Consolidated Mess apparently does have this information. Or some of it. @Graham Boak whose just refound his copy maybe able to confirm? True of many types.
  3. Looking brilliant! With a bit of finesse as you’ve shown here, these Frog kits really build up into something that holds up to modern standards.
  4. I dunno - if you stand far enough back and squint ...
  5. Thanks so much Colin. I’ve messaged you my address.
  6. “Land” might be a bit too optimistic a term for what will happen at the bottom of the slope! 😄 That said, I remember seeing a HUD video from an F-16 that managed to make a dead stick landing on an uncontrolled civilian airfield, dodging a Beechcraft Bonanza on final in the process. It took place in the mid-80s. Ben
  7. Alistair, Lovely build and finish and a pleasure to follow along. I shall bank the use of yellow to lighten OD, and make no comment whatsoever on your use of Starship Filth, other than to say I may have seen that movie on VHS many years ago, Cheers, Roger
  8. There are a lot of smashing albums on this thread! I'll be (re) visiting quite a few, I think. Although I wouldn't have said EDM/pop was necessarily my thing, Robyn, Body Talk and Honey are all pretty solid albums. And Art Pop certainly isn't my thing but Caroline Polachek's Desire is my album of the year. Other albums that refuse to get out of my regular playlist: Blood on the Tracks Hunky Dory The Black Parade Regards, Adrian
  9. I've seen the monochrome originals and am usually quite disappointed with colorization. This version was quite moving.
  10. I had a picture (I wish I could find it!) of 5 Union Pacific diesel locomotives fresh out of the paint shop wearing Armour Yellow and Harbor Mist Grey. No two of them had the exact same shade of yellow.
  11. It sounds like you're having a real time of it lately Dave, I hope they get to the nub of it soon. More positively, your DH4 is a cracker & looks really good with the Dark Earth on it, a very convincing PC10. Steve.
  12. Hello there, A quick update on the latest days: The decals were applied in two stages, first the silver stripes, then the sponsors. Although the decals are of exceptional quality, the complexity of the cars' shapes and my experience in this field meant that I had a few difficulties, but the result is still very satisfactory. The front wing The main body The whole will dry for 2 days (to allow the decals to evaporate completely) and then receive its coat of semi-gloss varnish, which should dry for 5 days. That's all for tonight Best regards Vincent
  13. Indeed it does, thanks. Very useful. All the sanding and filing has taken its toll on the surface detail and panel lines. It's taking me a while to re-scribe those, but i hope to join the wing and fuse soon to have a go at the leading edge wing root shaping. Its partially done but can't really finish it until the 2 major parts are together. The guns are causing a bit of a headache but I think I've found a way. Will update soon. cheers Rob
  14. Cuz if it starts with an "A" It will be the first name you see in the phone book( I know I just dated myself),unless of course you're named Aardvark For the children reading this, a phone book was what you used when you wanted to look up a telephone number A lot easier than ringing up the operator and asking for directory assistance. THINK manually operated Google. At you finger tips no less. What's that you say... What's an Operator and what's Directory assistance? What do I look like your Grandfather?(don't answer that) Giddottahere ya brats!
  15. Opuss, another find build—everything is well done and variation/weathering of the underside is a unique stand out for me—best, Erwin
  16. Thank you Chris, I'm verry pleased by your comment, because it's my first f1 kit ever Thanks mate, I hope my build will help or inspire you
  17. Quite a few of them! If your $ stretch to a decal sheet FCM does a sheet for F-80s from Brazil and Uruguay and Aztec does one for F-86s from Argentina, Bolivia, Honduras, Peru, Venezuela and Puerto Rico
  18. Looks fantastic with the decals applied and the great paintwork. Cracking job Chris
  19. Bob, so great to see this—Have Gun, Will Travel” is one of my fav Thuds—looking forward to how this turns out—already spectacular! Best, Erwin
  20. Okay, well I'm gonna reach for the stars then and say I'll join up by doing USS Franklin in 1/350 if thats okay, four months is going to be tight but might as well try,
  21. What is it with those initials? I've just bought a kit from AMI, and there's Arsenal Model Group (AMG) just around the corner. Jeez, other letters are available... Regards, Adrian
  22. Great work Martin—the Arctic Red really makes this unique and your impressive building skills really are ensuring an impressive build—best, Erwin
  23. Looking rather splendid Alistair, cracking job on this little beauty. Just starting one myself too a Mk.V. Chris
  1. Load more activity