Nightfighters - now at thirty for twenty five!!!

Marklo

On going through my stash I realised that my Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter is the Comic version, a single seater night fighter conversion. Now I’d also like to finish one of my Camel Kits as the other Sopwith Comic. And so the proposal is for any night fighter custom designed or converted  in any scale. Some examples from the collection…

288-DC78-B-BAB9-4579-BC1-B-E6-AC266-EBE6
1/72 Revell Ta154

A75884-C2-9-B13-4869-8733-4-D26-F441-D57
1/72 Airfix BE2c

973DB43E-D973-4450-96E6-80C565382E10.jpg
1/72 Airfix FW190

1. Me

2. @stevej60

3. @JOCKNEY

4. @TEMPESTMK5

5. @vppelt68

6. @Andwil

7. @trickyrich

8. @franky boy

9. @modelling minion

10. @CliffB

11. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

12. @Rafwaffe

13. @JohnT

14. @theplasticsurgeon

15. @Toryu

16. @Wez

17. @reini

18. @Beardybloke

19. @Peter Lloyd

20. @Mike

21. @81-er
22. @LorenSharp

23. @Jabba

24. @Torbjorn

25. @rafalbert

26. @gingerbob

27. @zegeye 

28. @stevehnz

29. @ArnoldAmbrose

30. @wellzy

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

Good morning Marklo 

Very interesting idea please ad my name to the list  I have some suitable subjects in my stash the P 61 Black Widow comes to my mind ..

Patrice 

• Like 1

Ok, I have to chose from P-61, P-70, F-6F-5N, F-4U-1N, He-219, Defiant, F-3D Skynight, Ju-88G-6, Blenheim IVF, Me-262.

So I’d be in.

AW

Edited by Andwil
  • Thanks 1

Hmmnnnn. I’ve been collecting a few to do while housebuilding and not seeing any plastic building.  Have a soft spot for nightfighters. 

Choices

Beaufighter

Mosquito 

Black Widow

Ju88

Me109

Me110

Me262

He219

How long is the GB again :D

And a thought. Would a type like the Hurricane be eligible as long as the aircraft concerned was being used as a dedicated nightfighter. My Me109 has a conversion set for a nightfighter variant but are we sticking to marks of aircraft specifically designed for nightfighting. I appreciate the distinction might have blurred lines as lots of WW2 nightfighters started off as heavy day fighters or light twin bombers eg Blenheims 

45 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Would a type like the Hurricane be eligible as long as the aircraft concerned was being used as a dedicated nightfighter

Yes. A lot of night fighters were just regular aircraft painted black it was only towards the end of WW2 that dedicated night fighters like the Uhu or the Blackwidow started to enter service. It’d nearly be an STGB if we restricted it to those :) 

• Like 1

• Marklo changed the title to Nightfighters - almost halfway to the Bunfight
  • Marklo changed the title to Nightfighters - now actually halfway to the Bunfight
  • Marklo changed the title to Nightfighters - now past halfway to the Bunfight
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As the old man flew in Lancasters, I've always had a fascination with the machines that were used to try to kill him.  My night fighter tally includes the Do-335, Ju-88, almost the Bf-110-G, Me-262, Bf-109G Wilde Sau, as well as a Mosquito and Hurricane.

The stash offers about 20 options.  And even though this GB has been run before, please add me.

You might as well add me to the list, as I have a thing about night fighters, although as usual I reserve the right to be hopelessly busy when the time comes. I’d like to do another 262, but a two-seater with whiskers. :)

• Like 2

• Marklo changed the title to Nightfighters - now at twenty!!!
  • 2 weeks later...

Count me in, I've got a fair few possibles in the stash, including a Revell 1/48 Ar-234B-2/N with a lot of resin goodies

James

• Thanks 1