Project Cancelled - 22 Jun to 13 Oct 2024

81-er

14 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Voted for this digits crossed it makes it. Too many aircraft specific options for my liking so only voted three GBs.

Thank you :) 🤞

13 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Oh god, it's that time of year again, isn't it?!

Yes, yes it is :wicked:

James

• Haha 1

Hadn't spotted this before I saw it in the voting list.  I could be tempted though it would depend very much on the timings.  My preferred offering would probably be a scratch build of one of the unsuccessful offerings for the current Royal Navy T31 programme in which I was involved - the MEKO A200 RN.  Though a scratch build CVA-01 could also be an interesting project?  Or the proposed Tiger class cruiser with SeaSlug.  So many opportunities, not enough time!

• Like 1

We're currently in 4th place, but there's only 5 votes between us and the cut-off, so we're far from safe yet. Time to get voting if you haven't already!

James

• Like 1

Heading into the second week and we're still holding onto 4th place. But the gap between us and the cut-off is narrowing as other GBs continue to gain votes. So keep your votes in for Project Cancelled and tap up your friends on the site who might be interested in this one :) 

James

• Like 1

Morning all, just a quick check in before Telford. We're still clinging on to 4th place, but the voting is close. Keep your votes in and prod your mate's to vote for us to ensure Project Cancelled isn't cancelled at the last minute!

For anyone at Telford, look for a long-haired werido with a badge of my avatar; that'll be me :D

James

• Haha 1

Not at Telford unfortunately but here in Canberra the local club (which I’ve just joined) has its annual show (ScaleACT) this weekend too. Found this beauty for sale with one of the traders and now I’m sorted when this one goes through! 

Find

What a beast!

• Like 5

Phwoar! I would dearly love a TSR-2, but I'm thoroughly unwilling to pay the absurd price they go for over here. Maybe I should ask the Airfix blokes nicely if they'd consider re-releasing it tomorrow, they're pretty much nextdoor to my club's stand. Fingers crossed we make it and (if nothing else) I can live vicariously watching you build that beauty

James

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 81-er said:

Phwoar! I would dearly love a TSR-2, but I'm thoroughly unwilling to pay the absurd price they go for over here. Maybe I should ask the Airfix blokes nicely if they'd consider re-releasing it tomorrow, they're pretty much nextdoor to my club's stand. Fingers crossed we make it and (if nothing else) I can live vicariously watching you build that beauty

James

It was $60 Aussie, so just over £30, which I thought was quite reasonable. A few bits off the sprues but all looks there and in good condition. Of course I have all but guaranteed Airfix will now release a new tool TSR.2 soon! 🤣

Airfix TSR-2 kits often sell for £100, so yeah I would say £30 was "reasonable" 🤪 I have one in the stash that I bought back when they were £30, I've been tempted to sell it a few times but I would like to build a TSR-2 someday and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another one the future.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 81-er said:

you really got that for a bargain! I reckon I could probably buy it from you at a profit, pay for the postage, and it still end up cheaper than buying one here :cwl:

Tempting, but I’m putting it under lock and key now! 🤣