Project Cancelled - 22 Jun to 13 Oct 2024

81-er

As my Luft ’46 GB proposal didn’t make it, I thought I’d modify the idea slightly to appeal to a broader church. Simply, any vehicle designed for the military or civilian services that didn’t enter service. That still includes Luft ’46, but it also applies to any aircraft, ship, submarine, or ground vehicle for any country and any era, just as long as you can prove it was a project being worked on if someone challenges you.

Significant potential developments of an existing design requiring major structural changes would be eligible (eg. Messerschmitt Me 262 HG iii), but minor variations wouldn’t (eg. Avro 717). If in doubt, ask.

Designs that made it to prototype & evaluation stages are eligible, provided those evaluations weren’t carried out within an active combat zone (military) or within the expected service role (civilian) and no prototypes went on to be used by an operational unit or service operator.

Obviously dealing with mainly hypothetical vehicles, WHIFF schemes are allowed provided they are recognisably of a style used by the nation developing said vehicle or a potential user. Taking something that entered active service and then doing a WHIFF scheme (even for countries that didn’t use it) are not allowed, however.

So, who's up for it?

1. 81-er (host)

2. @JOCKNEY 

3. @vppelt68

4. @TonyW

5. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

6. @Marklo

7. @Black Knight

8. @davecov

9. @Colin W

10. @Karearea

11. @Wings unlevel

12. @Ray S

13. @Mig Eater

14. @rotorheadtx

15. @Procopius

16. @Galligraphics

17. @MARADER

18. @2996 Victor

19. @Geoff_B

20. @jackroadkill (co-host)

21. @Jabba

22. @Thom216

23. @Rabbit Leader

24. @Troy Smith

25. @zebra

26. @CliffB

27. @Celestialsphere

28. @Mr T

29. @SleeperService

30. @Jb65rams

31. @Alan P

32. @AdrianMF

33. @Wings unlevel

34. @MRMRL

35. @Hockeyboy76

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I'm very cheap

All the best dates are ;) 

13 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

How about the Finnish "VL Mosquito-Vihuri", practically a carbon copy of the DH Mosquito B.Mk IV (thank you for the kit, Tamiya-san) but with a pair of DB605:s?

http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/2-Airplanes/Axis/4-Others/01-Finland/VL-Vihuri/VL-Vihuri.htm

Oh I'm in too, by the way 😉

That's an interesting chapter of the Mosquito history I didn't know about, and very welcome

James

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

An airliner version of the Victor bomber would be my contribution to the GB. I've even got an Eagle comic cutaway to guide me.

A Victor played the part of an airliner in the 1963 film 'The Iron Maiden'

• Like 1

Loads of opportunities here for me to get back to my core interest so yes, count me in with somethings British.

Here are 3 from last year.

IMG_20230101_191849992

• Like 12

On 7/14/2023 at 1:44 PM, TonyW said:

An airliner version of the Victor bomber would be my contribution to the GB. I've even got an Eagle comic cutaway to guide me.

There are some pictures of this part through construction in the book 'Prototype British Airliners'. It will be great to see a completed model.

20 hours ago, Colin W said:

There are some pictures of this part through construction in the book 'Prototype British Airliners'. It will be great to see a completed model.

A lightning internet search seconds after reading this post see's a copy on its way to me for the grand total of £8.00 delivered!  Thanks for the nod.

• Haha 1

• 81-er changed the title to Project Cancelled - now at 11

Count me in too please, I have a Fairey Rotodyne in my stash so if that is a valid subject, that will be my choice, especially if Airfix re-release it as a Vintage Classic (it is due) so I can have new transfers, or I will do it as an RAF WHIFF if that would be allowed (raspberry ripple)

Cheers, Ray

• Like 1

• 81-er changed the title to Project Cancelled - now at 12

You'd be more than welcome with that, Ray, Wikipedia mentions it was intended for millitary use. As for the proposed RAF scheme, I refer you to this line in the first post:

WHIFF schemes are allowed provided they are recognisably of a style used by the nation developing said vehicle or a potential user

Bring on the raspberry ripple!

James

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 81-er said:

You'd be more than welcome with that, Ray, Wikipedia mentions it was intended for millitary use. As for the proposed RAF scheme, I refer you to this line in the first post:

WHIFF schemes are allowed provided they are recognisably of a style used by the nation developing said vehicle or a potential user

Bring on the raspberry ripple!

James

James, I thought I had interpreted the guidelines correctly, and I am thankful that you have confirmed for me! All we need to do it get through the Bunfight

Ray

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 3:31 PM, Colin W said:

I saw a model of one at the Bolton show perhaps four-five years ago.  It did appear on the net so a trawl through Britmodeller archives might inspire you.