Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,976 Excellent

About Jb65rams

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 01/14/1968

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

2,453 profile views
  1. Thanks @stevej60, it is a relatively simple kit, it just needs a lot of cleanup, dry fitting & filling. Looking forward to getting the new tool for next years Buccaneer STGB. Picture doesn't show a lot of progress, but the paint work has been tidied up, leading edges painted and given a coat of humbrol gloss vanish in prep for decals.
  2. Main painting finished, used Lifecolor UA229 Portland stone, was the nearest match I had, maybe a bit too light (lets just say its faded alot) Progress may slow this afternoon the nearer England get victory - 121 still required at lunch 6 wickets standing.
  3. Day 2. England already lost their first wicket of the morning. I was able to get some primer on last thing yesterday. As of this morning, this is what she looks like.
  4. Final update for the night. Cockpit decal and crew painted and seated. Was hoping to get it primed tonight, but don't think that will happen, still some prep to do.
  5. 14:15 Had to break out the heavy guns to get the fuselage together! Next step is to break out the filler.
  6. @Jinxman Thanks. Enjoy Bruntingthorpe, its been a number of years since I have been. 12:28. Spent most of my time cleaning up various pieces, and constructing a stand.
  7. 10:56. Ready to make a start. Will be building in two 12hr periods. Initial impression at that it is going to take me longer that thought as every part looks like it needs some cleanup!
  8. Ambitious. Good luck, will be following with interest.
  9. With the release of Airfix new tool Buccaneer approaching, I was wondering what to do with the old boxing sitting in the stash. A blitzbuild seems the perfect solution. Plan to build out of the box, wheels up and will live with the raised panel lines.
  10. @Corsairfoxfouruncle thanks for the info. Family has been and gone, a great time was had. The spare room has once again been converted into my modelling room. I ready to resume with these builds. Made slow and steady progress. The Airfix phantom, needed a bit of filler, think I made a slight mistake using the resin intakes and something didn't quite line up on one side. Resin wingfold hinge installed onto the Hasegawa Aim to to get to a position I can put some primer on by the end of the week.
  11. I am up for this, enjoyed part 1 earlier this year. Will search the stash this weekend for a subject.
  12. Sign me up. I only have one Heller kit in the stash, makes the choice easy. So I am in with a 1/72 Dragon Rapide.
  13. 1968 Simon's Sircus In an attempt to control the size of the stash, I have a rule that my groupbuild entries must come from the existing stash. So while researching 1968 I came across the Sea Vixen's of Simon's Sircus. Simon's Sircus was an aerobatic display team comprising six Sea Vixen FAW.2 aircraft from 892 Squadron. The team operated for a single season during the summer of 1968 and was named after 892 Squadron’s commanding officer, Lt Cdr Simon Idiens. The team's airplanes were painted in standard FAA colours of dark gray and white with yellow and black wolf's head badge on the fins. Simon's Sircus pilots had a real lioness for a mascot. Need to find a 1/72 lioness. They were based at RNAS Yeovilton and displayed at numerous RAF Airshows and Royal Navy Air Station Air Days during the 1968 season culminating at the Farnborough Airshow in the September. Towards the end of the season, they flew coordinated displays with the Buccaneers from 809 squadron Phoenix Five This was not the first time the Sea Vixen had been used in a aerobatic team, 766 squadron formed a team of five Sea Vixen FAW.1. Fred's Five displayed during 1962 & 1963. I believe that Simon Idiens was a member of this team I will be using Xtrakit's 1/72 Sea Vixen FAW.2 for this build. Decals will be from the Model Alliance sheet "Royal Navy Aerobatic Teams" This sheet also includes decals for a Buccaneer from the Pheonix Five, waiting for Airfix's new Buccaneer.
  14. The aircraft I am modelling is as far as I know a B, have seen photos/profiles caption as both B or N. T do this I will be using decals from a number of sources to pull together the scheme, will also have to have a go at printing my own for some parts. Fuselage assembled. Also started the surgery on the wings fit the CMK wingfold. Need to remove approx 1mm from each end to allow the resin hinges to be added. Also made a start on the airfix version, Eduard etch used for the cockpit and Aerocraft Models replacement intakes. Got a bit carried away and forgot to take progress photos. The replacement intakes fitted well, just need to work slowly & methodically, test fitting as you go. There will be no progress now for at least three weeks, I have family coming to stay and the modelling room now needs to return to being the spare bedroom.
  15. Interesting GB, I would be up for this. My Grandfather served in the Royal Marines from 1912 to 1934. Going through some family paperwork last Christmas we found his service record with the ships he served on. This got me interested in a longterm project building some of these so have started researching /purchasing kits, so would be looking to build one of these. Discovered that Combrig has a really good range of cruiser & battleships from this period. Choice so far would be from HMS Exmouth, HMS Albion, HMS Cumberland, HMS Tiger and HMS Queen Elizabeth.
  • Create New...