All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Very much appreciated gents. Thanks @Quiet Mike, @elger, @dogsbody, @CH-53D, @cobraleader, @AdrianMF, @Hamden. Masking done, at last. Then some Dark Earth laid down. A check on that later then mask for the Dark Green. Simon, Bangers and Mash and windyberries tonight.
  3. A word of caution for those planning to retire early. I am not saying don't, believe me if you can then do, especially if you are bored or unhappy in your job. However, unless you have additional income such as a property let, the drop in income will hit quickly. Effectively you have to allow that everything costs double, because you are not replacing the money in the pot. Also do not be tempted to splurge any lump sum for the same reason. You may need it for something unforeseen, so by all means take a lump of pension, ( especially if your employer's fortunes look iffy), but put it somewhere safe of your own choice. If the sums add up for you though, I doubt you will regret it. Matt
  4. I wish I had thought of that As I said to JamesP above you are still worried about breaking the end off at a later date A big part of the problem would be getting them into the tweezers in the first place. All my efforts to pick them up with tweezers or other methods ended up in them pinging off into space and it was amazing how far they went. One chap did a WIP of the FD2 and he managed to attach all 4 of them. My mouth is still wide open in amazement
  5. I am using photos here: https://www.nevingtonwarmuseum.com/germany-messerspit.html It is clear that plane had wings painted in camo, but hull seems to be in a single color. Or maybe lightning hides it? I'd assume hull is single color. The difficult part is - what colors would have Germans used to paint new camo? The most probable are current colors used for German fighters. But which scheme? Plane was captured in November 1942 then transported to Germany, repaired and tested. Then it was rebuilt. I'd risk it was somewhere at the start of 2nd quarter of 1943, March-April maybe? Maybe half 1943 if they took their time. I am not that versed in German camo, but from some research I see two options: 1. RLM 70(71?)+02 - overall "green" 2. RLM 74+75 - overall "grey" Now, all mentions about Messerspit suggest it was painted "dark green", suggesting option 1 but my limited knowledge suggest this camo was used in 1941 while in 1943 version 2 would be more probable? On the other hand factory personnel would have access to all paints so maybe they picked what they liked better? Or even make their own scheme... Anyway, that's how model look at this stage. Last photo show seat - I printed spitfire seat I found on the net and added metal seat belts from Eduard. Still have to find and fit some windshield after I damaged original one.
  6. That's brilliant! 😃 I wish I had photos like that of some of my early battles!
  7. Thank you for the compliment. I have seen your P1a and it looks like a more thorough build than mine. That comment about keeping the sprue attached is most interesting and helpful. I would still be worried about breaking the whole thing off at a much later date. I usually replace all plastic pitots with one made from brass tube.
  8. My favourite fighter of WW2, and extremely well done!
  9. The only way you can probably get around this is by buying or building an outdoor spray booth, and hoovering the bejeezuz out of it before each spray session. An overhanging lip will protect it a little, but dust and gravity gets everywhere. That's why car paint shops spend so much money on removing dust from the air, and sucking paint particles out of the air once they're spraying. It's all pretty expensive sounding, and a giant faff. Maybe a tiny shed with a bunch of extractor fans and a lint-free liner?
  10. Little Bo Peep lied for the insurance money! What sort of name was that anyway? Does it mean that there was a Big Bo Peep? Nursery rhymes eh? Tsk!
  11. Danish Spit, how lovely! Nice job with the engine and gun bays I know it's not an easy task to fit them properly. Congrats!
  12. Two very tidy builds. I built the long barrelled version more years ago than I can recall. My version is half-way up the "hill" on the right of the diorama.
  13. This is the brilliant 1/72 Eduard Spitfire IXe in Royal Danish Air Force markings. I added Eduard Merlin engine and wing cannon resin. Adding the resin parts was not an easy task, but in the end i think it turned out ok. Thanks for watching. Drakendk
  14. A great diorama telling a story not just displaying a finished kit. Everything about it looks good. Thanks for sharing.
  15. Thats a slick looking Mig Stuart, and a real scare for anyone with one in their six o'clock! T
  16. I've always loved those little ferrets, and you've built and finished this one beautifully! Very nicely done.
  17. For a while now, it's been difficult to get Mr Surfacer's 1500 black primer, but last week I found some and ordered 5 pots. They arrived today and I immediately put it to good use. We're now finally rid of that ghastly red. Now, in order to get a brighter red I will re-prime this lot in grey. Red over black takes ages to cover and you end up with a much darker red too. But the black is my favourite for covering that red plastic in a hurry. The chassis is already in grey primer, since it will be painted black. Easier to see where you've painted and which spots you missed with the black chassis paint, I'll probably use semi gloss black for it.
  18. Today
  19. You just need to learn the proper handshakes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5LPz85KO0
  20. Well, you seem to handling yourself well so far, nice work!
  21. Me too, an hour EACH WAY, before I was made redundant. I don't miss it. It's time that isn't yours and costs you money. Then go for it. 👍 Don't work any longer than you have to. It seems that we both have daughters with similar names. Ours is approaching 32. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.
  1. Load more activity