All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not as usual. I think they are only doing something under SIO Models brand and in very limited quantities. It feels like pandemics distorted their business unfortunately. Do you mean Mr.Muzikant bought an L-29 kit and just made a copy?
  3. I hear you. I'm usually pretty anal about the organization of my workspace (nobody would have guessed that I'm sure!), and I just got a new paintbrush rack so I can line up all my brushes in descending order. And besides, I had to figure out where the ants were coming from. Although I failed in that last regard, I can tell you that I know where they're going - right into that nice little ant hotel, never to return. What's odd is that it is in an old Floquil spare bottle. I have a vague memory of a bottle of paint leaking in transit, and I guess I must have put the remaining paint into a spare glass bottle. Other than that, I have no idea. Yikes! You sound like a reincarnation of my mother! 🤶 Cheers, Bill
  4. Well done george !! Great Caesar on here !! I really love the paint and weathering !! Sincerely. CC
  5. Well done Sebastian !! Isn't she the one flown by John Thomas Blackburn ?? One of my future project... Weathering is top noth Sir !! Congratulations 88 Sincerely. CC
  6. The H-20 also introduced the sealed waist gunner window as opposed to the open position on the earlier versions. The kit subjects have the open one but I wonder if Airfix provide an unused alternative? Aircraft of 100 Group says aircraft with the Emerson turret has the turret faired in with doped canvas over the outside of the nose
  7. I don't really understand the rationale behind this, and I'm even less an aerodynamiscist than you, Graham, but i
  8. I normally don't say anything in cases like this. However I will give my worth. Ive bern building models since 1979. My very first kit was an Testors release of their 1/48th F-4 phantom. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/testors-582-rf-4-phantom-ii--657006 Ive built a number of their kits over the years and most go together quite fine. I am particularly fond of their Armor kits. So I have no real complaints with only the following two exception’s. The first is I bought a 2nd hand Italeri Fw.190D kit at a swap meet. This boxing as a matter of fact. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-128-fw-190d-9--1093958 Sadly it was the only kit Ive ever owned/built from Italeri that went into the bin. The wings were so bad with a leading edge gap. That between upper and lower halves at the fuselage join the gap was approximately 1/4 inch. I could almost slide a pencil into the leading edge. The red arrow in the blue circle is what Im referring to. My second complaint about any Italeri models with one exception = pricing. Here in the U.S this 1/48 F-86 kit goes for $56 at my one local store. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-2684-north-american-f-86f-sabre-jet--101741 I can find cheaper kits sadly from other companies online. Dennis
  9. Dont know how I missed this one,(actually I do, I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.Too many things going on behind the scenes.But no matter)count me in if you would kind Sir. I have an NF-104A and the an F-104C I want to do in Luftwaffe livery. Who knows, I might just do it as a Zero Length Launch as well.Going to have to do some studyfying on that one.Sorry to hear about the ankle and heart issues. I hope you're doing better. From one old duffer to another.
  10. No way these decals wanted to let the covering film get peeled off away. So I just left everything as is.
  11. Yeh, G'day Sentenced - Crimson To/Die/For - Epilogue Slayer - Raining Blood Oratory - Beyond Earth Anthrax - Among the Living Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales Beseech - Souls Highway Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica Therion - Vovin Iron Maiden - anyone in which Blaze Bayley is not on vocals 😁 Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry Nightwish - Oceanborn Metallica - Ride the Lightning Accept - Restless and Wild I wholly concur there. A Passage to Bangkok and Afterimage respectively, are tracks you just can't do without.
  12. Beautiful. I recently picked this up and plan to do the Martlet scheme. Hopefully I can approach the quality of this build!
  13. Thanks very much Colin. I spend my entire existence off track at the moment! On this however, you're definitely correct- I've been converting Frog's original Sea Venom into the Aquilon derivative. I was eyeing up that Model Art set earlier- if you have a sheet going spare, let me know what you'd need to cover the decals and postage costs to NZ and I could perhaps paypal you through some cash? Very much appreciated. Cheers, Nick
  14. If you are interested then I have the VFA set for you as new! edit: Sorry after checking the stash I came to the conclusion that I already must have sold this set ! cheers, Jan
  15. There's the decal-la sheet released last year. Drop me a PM, we'll try to work something out.
  16. Yes, they did; that'd be the AN/ARN-21D TACAN which was installed on the A-4Q. It operated the Type AN/URN-3 navigation beacons and the antenna below the cockpit in the aircraft was the LB 147. I quite don't recall whether or not this equipment was operative during the Falkland conflict.
  17. Today
  18. Great work. There should be more comments on this. One suggestion is maybe a little water to tighten up the mesh net. It looks a little modeled right now. It will help bring the model more to scale. I like the base as well really well done. Kudos. G
  19. A few books this week. Thanks to @Pete in Lincs a copy of Michael Caine's "Blow the Bloody Doors" Off from a local 2nd hand book seller & from Amazon a couple of books to get free postage. "Gone the Dark Night" by Graham Clayton, a follow up to his "Last Stand in Singapore" I read recently & the story of the recreated 488(NZ) sqn as a night fighter unit. Also, "To Save an Army", the story of the Stalingrad airlift by Robert Forsyth, a topic I've long been curious about, this should satisfy most of that I feel. Steve.
  20. Great work on an iconic subject Keith. Well done!
  21. It’s looking really good, that green tail really pops!
  22. The Macchi MC201 had its first flight earlier in 1940.Of the MC204 only a wooden nose with the Isotta Fraschini engine was built in late 1940. Saluti Giampiero
  1. Load more activity