1/48 Kinetic Super Étendard

Bjorn

Great work Bjorn

I also have a soft spot for French military aircraft, in particular the SuE and Mirage iii but as yet haven’t built up the courage to tackle the Kinetic SuE. 

James

• Thanks 1

Hi Bjorn,

Yes, French planes are in a class of their own, But I am biased...

None of your headaches are showing on this beautiful model, which is a testament to your skills.

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1

That`s a great looking Etendard Bjorn.  You weathered it perfectly and the overall presentation is very nice.  I agree, the French do make some very attractive aircraft but your home country of Sweden has some very beautiful types too.  Great results Bjorn!!!! :goodjob:

Mike  

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind words! 😀

As some of you mentioned, I have tried to keep the weathering subtle. Lately I have tried to develop a new (to me) painting technique using a 0,2 mm needle for both large and small areas instead of - as I did earlier - using a large needle for larger areas. This is a bit more time-consuming, but when combined with a pre-shade, it gives a satisfying result with many almost identical shades, but different enough to give a nice, slightly weathered surface. This also means that I do not have to do so much weathering after painting. I just use a few dry pastels, applied with a brush, to emphasize the effect in some places and to create dirty areas mainly on the underside.

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...