1:72 Special Hobby Fairey Firefly FR.1 & TT.4

I've said it before and I'll say it again, outstanding Bill. An entertaining and educational WiP and your attention to detail is inspiring.

Thanks for sharing :)

• Like 1

I've said it before, and I shall say it again Bill, beautiful work! You make me wish I could make model aeroplanes. I want to be you when I grow up!

Regards,

Jason

Whoa, cowboy! You have to be very careful what you wish for! Nine back surgeries, two bouts of cancer (one on-going), an aortic aneurysm...there is some baggage that comes along with being me. But thanks for the sentiment! :):):)

Absolutely amazing Bill.

Both of them are just superb and clearly worth the time and effort.

Incredible detail and finish in what I agree is the "only" scale :coolio:

Congratulations on your results

Cheers

Bruce

PS. Don't you just love the colour choice you get now in the latest aerospace alloys :D

Thanks - wouldn't it be wonderful if the aerospace companies would use some of those colours, and not just boring old grey?

I shouldn't like to be accused of gushing but these are a bit flipping terrific Bill, pure masterclass modelling. :)

Steve

Please gush all you like. I don't mind. :)

Oh my, those are wonderful. How on earth did I miss the build thread?

'Scuse me I've got a lot of catching up to do.......

Trevor

Thanks - I miss a lot of threads too. I don't know how it happens, but hopefully I catch up to them at the RFI stage.

Excellent work there Bill, I think the TT gets my vote as the most esthetically pleasing, but as models they are both masterpieces and it was a pleasure to follow the progress, Whats next I wonder? :hmmm:

Bob

Thanks - I haven't chosen the next project yet, but some candidates are the XP-67, Spitfire 21, and maybe even the TSR.2. These range from OOB to a major project. We'll see what tomorrow brings. What about a tank? Now that would be something different. I'd have to go buy a kit though, ain't got no armour in the stash.

Bill they are simply absolutely fantastic !!

Can I call them 'my models' still haha ? (I think you bought those kits from me, not sure this time tho)

Yes, these are ones that I bought from you in that large box of delights from Eastern Europe. I'm sorry, though, the title to ownership transferred once the package crossed national boundaries. :)

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

It's been a great six months trip, that delivered us a pair of superb models. :clap::worthy:

Not only that, it was educational and entertaining, also thanks to all the folks that participated in it. :thumbsup:

My preference, as said in your WIP thread, goes to the folded wings thing, especially because of the usage of those up-to-date, hi-tech, never-seen-before jigs you used to line them wings up :winkgrin::D

Ciao

• Like 1

Right, Bill, I'll forego the back surgeries and the others, but I'd still love to be able to build models like you. I probably could, if only I had the time, patience, and most importantly, ability. Now where is my FR.1 kit...

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

And there they are, all done. Bill, it was a pleasure watching them take shape and they've turned out beautifully. For me, the colour scheme and finish on the early model are exquisite, and the wing-fold and overall poise of the late version simply take my breath away. Well done indeed, great modelling.

Justin

Edited by Bedders
  • Like 1

Both well up to Navy Bird standards - which is about as high a praise as you can get in my books :)

But I agree with majority view that the TT just has that little something extra extra special about her......she's my fav too.

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

Bill I followed the WIP with great interest, and your ability to stick small pieces of PE onto a model still amaze me, the final results are the work of a true craftman, but then all your builds are.

I guess my fovourite is the TT also, but mainly because it is so colourful, both are outstanding examples of a master craftsman.

Onwards to next one

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous pair Bill. I didn't realise how much difference in design some of the versions were, particularly with the radiator locations, makes them look like different animals.

Always enjoy watching your builds, they are an education into the real aircraft as much as scale modelling :)

Can't wait to see the next instalment from the Navy Bird offices

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1