MiG-15/17 STGB

Col.

A few of us were chatting about the potential for a MiG-17 STGB over in the Africa GB yesterday so let's make it an official proposal. I've included the -15 as well due to the -17 being a development of its earlier brethren.

Any scale. Any kit. Any operator. Any version.

!, @Col.

2. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

3, @Wez

4, @zebra

5, @Valkyrie

6, @Tim R-T-C

7, @stevehnz

8, @DaveyGair

9, @Smudge

10, @Jabba

11, @Foxbat

12, @modelling minion

13, @almac

14, @RidgeRunner

15, @Angus Tura

16, @reini

17, @Evil_Toast_RSA

18, @GrahamCC

19, @exdraken

20, @Beazer

21, @Marklo

22, @Peter Lloyd

23, @Adam Poultney

24, @Andwil

25, @helios16v

26, @Bill Davis

Edited by Col.
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

ME  🙋🏻‍♂️

Hello Dennis :D What do you think fella, will I go ahead and add @Smudge and @Wez to the list and save them the trouble of having to reply? :wicked:

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

...Hmm anyone do a 1/32 Mig-15/17 time to go look ? I feel like doing a larger build. 

Trumpeter maybe?

5 minutes ago, Wez said:

Definitely add my name to the list I'm really enjoying the Airfix MiG-17s that I'm working on and have plans for more.

Glad to hear that. It certainly looks to be a nice kit.

24 minutes ago, zebra said:

Count me in. Don't have either of them in the stash but both are very tempting. Quite like the idea of doing a MiG-15UTI as the Soviet ejection seat testbed.

Now that sounds like a cool reason for a stash increase :D

11 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I do love the MiG-15, built a few and the only a/c I have on permanent display is a pro built Czechoslovak 🇨🇿 MiG-15. I’d fly this one 

It's certainly a subject with plenty options :)

3 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Hmmm, let me check the stash

spacer.png

Don't even ask how many of the UTI kits I have... 😏

Those Eduard are double kits so you've a dozen -15 to start with in them alone :wub:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Why not, by the time I get the Xtradecal Mig-17sheet & a couple (or so) extra Airfix kits, I'd be a sitter for it. :D

Steve.

We're trying for a place in the 2022 GB calendar so plenty time to stock up Steve ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col. said:

................................. will I go ahead and add @Smudge and @Wez to the list and save them the trouble of having to reply? :wicked:

Hey, yes count me in. Nice idea to include the Mig-15 as well. I've got a few HobbyBoss kits, which were the best 1/72 kit before the Eduard one came out. I've loads of decal choices as well. 

Here's a nice link to a HobbyBoss kit review  http://internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Hobby-Boss-1-72-MiG-15bis-Fagot-MiG-15UTI-Midget-Easy-Assembly-Kits.php

Fingers crossed for this one to go through.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Count me in, have 3 Eduard Profipack '15's including UTI and 2 AZ '17's, all in '72nd.

Davey.

A good selection there Davey :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Hey, yes count me in. Nice idea to include the Mig-15 as well. I've got a few HobbyBoss kits, which were the best 1/72 kit before the Eduard one came out. I've loads of decal choices as well. 

Here's a nice link to a HobbyBoss kit review  http://internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Hobby-Boss-1-72-MiG-15bis-Fagot-MiG-15UTI-Midget-Easy-Assembly-Kits.php

Fingers crossed for this one to go through.

The undeniable similarity between ths two and my understanding that the -17 was initially thought of as a development of the -15 by Mikoyan Gurevich themselves made it seem a logical idea to twin them up :)

The HobbyBoss kit looks to be an easy way to get a nice model of the type.

7 minutes ago, Col. said:

The HobbyBoss kit looks to be an easy way to get a nice model of the type.

Yes that's the thinking. Straightforward build and accurate looking model: concentrate on some interesting markings. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smudge said:

Yes that's the thinking. Straightforward build and accurate looking model: concentrate on some interesting markings. 

Sounds as if you've a few planned :) 

5 hours ago, Jabba said:

Add my name to the list please.

Of course. With pleasure :) 

3 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Oh lord - 15 AND 17? I'm in, hopefully by the time we start I'll have wittled my potential entries down to a couple of dozen or so :D 

Andy

If you can get through a few dozen then why not :D 

4 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Resistance is futile!

Stick my name down Col, I know I have a Trumpeter 1/48 Mig-15 UTI in the stash and have a feeling there might be a 1/48 Mig-17 lurking in there somewhere and if not I am sure I might have joined the Airfix Mig-17 club by the time we get started.

Any reason for some stash augmentation is a good one ;) 

• Like 1