Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

Always feel this is cheating a bit, but hope you see something you like.

Its the best weekend of the year, NEC Classic Car Show followed by Scale Model World!

NEC Thursday set up day, 3 hours of furious setting up the Ginetta stand followed by a quick wander round.

One I would love to own but canโ€™t afford โ€“ currently in the auction!

IMG-9273.jpg
Jaguar Project 07

IMG-9276.jpg
Dare G4 continuation with ztec, built in 1998 (Originals built in the 60's)

IMG-9279.jpg
Ginetta stand just finished - L to R G10, G15, G16 (back), G4, G27

IMG-9283.jpg
Fiat 600 Multipla - more aerodynamic in reverse!

IMG-9284.jpg
Alfa Romeo 2600 - beautiful!

IMG-9289.jpg

ย 

ย 

Malc.

Edited by Malc2
  • Like 11

More,

One forย @Bengalensisย with Donington track map sticker!

IMG-9296.jpg
IMG-9300.jpg

For the arm chair enthusiasts
IMG-9302.jpg

A BMW 2002 you would not dare to touch this as it was the most rotten car I have ever seen
IMG-9305.jpg
Genuine moss

IMG-9306.jpg

Triumph TR25, sports car reimagined by Makkina with special permission from BMW to use the Triumph badge. No idea why the sign is upside down!

IMG-9308.jpg

Malc

Edited by Malc2
  • Like 11

last lot

IMG-9315.jpg

Fantastic chat with the guy that restored this Austin Van, top speed 41MPH and he drove it to the NEC.
IMG-9318.jpg
IMG-9321.jpg
IMG-9323.jpg
Some old Bugatti..........ย ๐Ÿ˜

IMG-9326.jpg

Shelsley special - the GN Spider
IMG-9329.jpg

Line up of gorgeous 1/18 scale die/resin casts
IMG-9311.jpg

Oh nice, a 1/18 scale CN7 - How much Mister? Oh ยฃ399, better keep looking for a Speedline kit on ebay then.....!!

IMG-9313.jpg

ย 

Malc

Edited by Malc2
  • Like 13

On 08/11/2023 at 11:48, Vesa Jussila said:

And photographic proof about Starlet. Next to it is very rusty Hi-Ace with Sparco stickers. Maybe owner knows something about motorsport.

ย 

ziGqcvr.jpg

ย 

It would be more than fine if this Starletย  would be released as a kitย 

I would need minimum 3 boxes... 2 to create the Starlet two of my friends used to rallye years agoย  and one for me to create my choiceย 

Marco Fย 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Always feel this is cheating a bit, but hope you see something you like.

Its the best weekend of the year, NEC Classic Car Show followed by Scale Model World!

NEC Thursday set up day, 3 hours of furious setting up the Ginetta stand followed by a quick wander round.

One I would love to own but canโ€™t afford โ€“ currently in the auction!

IMG-9273.jpg
Jaguar Project 07

IMG-9276.jpg
Dare G4 continuation with ztec, built in 1998 (Originals built in the 60's)

IMG-9279.jpg
Ginetta stand just finished - L to R G10, G15, G16 (back), G4, G27

IMG-9283.jpg
Fiat 600 Multipla - more aerodynamic in reverse!

IMG-9284.jpg
Alfa Romeo 2600 - beautiful!

IMG-9289.jpg

ย 

ย 

Malc.

Some great pictures of some fabulous cars!ย  Always loved the Ginetta G4, but the G12 was my favourite.

ย 

The Bond Bug and BMW 2002 deserve special mention, if only for the race track sticker, and copious vegetation!

ย 

Trevorย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Malc2 said:

l

ย 

Shelsley special - the GN Spider
IMG-9329.jpg

ย 

I'd have the GN over the Bugatti!!!

They're both about as useful as the proverbial chocolate kettle but who cares...

ย 

The Austin A70 Countryman is something special too.

I had to look that up, had no idea there was a factory A70 woody wagon.

ย 

ย 

ย 

19 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Some great pictures of some fabulous cars!ย  Always loved the Ginetta G4, but the G12 was my favourite.

The Bond Bug and BMW 2002 deserve special mention, if only for the race track sticker, and copious vegetation!

Trevor

Thanks, we must try to get a G12 on the stand next year!

ย 

Thanksย @Zephyr

I can imagine that the GN Spider would be the next project for @Jo NZย after this Bloody Mary!

I had never seen an A70 Countryman before either, and there were two immaculate ones on the stand!

ย 

Malc.

• Like 1

I was away this weekend so no modelling. But yesterday this 1965 Vanden Plas Princess sneaked up on me. And I do mean sneaked - it was very quiet for a near 60 year old car and I didn't really notice it until it was driving past me - by the time I got my phone out it was quite a bit past me.

ย 

53327640056_ef88bea100_b.jpg

ย 

Lovely condition, and on checking the reg plate it turns out to be a Princess R which came with a Rolls Royce engine - I guess that's why it was so quiet!

• Like 10

At midday today, heading north on Tower Bridge Road towards the bridge, a French registered, blue, classic mini.ย  Don't see many classic minis in London, let alone foreign registered versions.

Trevor

• Like 5

On the way to McDonalds to get breakfast this morning a very tidy original looking (not over restored) Cortina Mk5 in silver with a black vinyl roof - was going well too. Another car that I used to think was 'big' but looked tiny driving alongside my Grand Vitara!

ย 

Keith

• Like 6

Passing through the cultural desert of Holmes Chapel this afternoon; much excitement when I spied a horridly vulgar ten-a-penny Lamborghini closely followed by... an early 90's Mk3 Granada Scorpio Saloon! Winner.ย  ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Wandering through western Sydney (Wentworthville) on my way back to civilisation yesterday, I spotted a McLaren Senna - very schmick, metallic olive green and black, looked and sounded LERVERLY - going the other way. The thought struck me - why have a car like that in Australia? You could never drive it to anything like its full potential - the roads are crap, far too many other road users can't drive to save their lives (and insist on killing or maiming themselves and too many of their fellow road users to prove the point), the revenooers are everywhere, and the opportunities to put it on a track are few and far between. Must be nice to have that sort of disposable income!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Anteater said:

Passing through the cultural desert of Holmes Chapel this afternoon; much excitement when I spied a horridly vulgar ten-a-penny Lamborghini closely followed by... an early 90's Mk3 Granada Scorpio Saloon! Winner.ย  ย 

Which is obviously of more interest than the Lamborghini any day !

Gary

• Haha 4

Just followed a silver Toyota iQ down Reigate Hill in the dark and rain, thinking 'thats an expensive reg plate' (two digits/two letters). Pulled up behind it to see that actually it had an expensive badge too.

Aston Martin Cygnet.ย 

Yes I know it was a quotas loophole finding excercise, but still, why???

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

Aston Martin Cygnet.ย 

Yes I know it was a quotas loophole finding excercise, but still, why???

ย 

Tempting to buy one just to rock up to your local Aston Martin lickers' luncheon isn't it. They were a rebadged Toyota with all the performance of an arthritic sloth, and only ยฃ31k brand new 12 years ago. I bet they can't give them away now.ย 

ย 

Scuttles off to Autotrader...

ย 

There are 7 currently for sale, the cheapest high mileage one being... ยฃ29,000. Oh.ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On the way to Hokitika last week for an aged in laws funeral, a 1965 Mk III Zephyr 6 coming the other way, quite tidy but had the look of a car that gets driven a fair bit. The best part though came on the long 100 kph straights between Inangahua & Reefton, a stretch of road with normally light traffic, we were run down & eventually passed by a couple on a 1975 BMW R75, getting along in fine style. :).

Steve.

• Like 2