Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

12 hours ago, Spiny said:

a Toyota Hilux

Funnily enough, went for a coffee with a mate on Tuesday morning, and parked on the way out of the village was a stunning metallic green Hilux - but it was far from original, lifted suspension, really chunky off road tyres on wider wheeis, light bar with a gazillion lights etc etc - looked prepared for some serious off roading. And I want one...!!! :)

Keith

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Wonder if the Fiesta behind the Hi Lux will still be around in 32 years time ?

Gary 

I'd be a lot happier if the Fiesta the photo was taken from was still around aged 32 years, only another 24 and a bit to go :)

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

I'd be a lot happier if the Fiesta the photo was taken from was still around aged 32 years, only another 24 and a bit to go :)

Well , you know what we tend to say about cars we once owned " if only I had kept it "  , maybe your Fiesta might become a classic !

Gary

• Like 5

A vintage motorbike for a change, 1961 BSA 650cc in beige, on Pebble Hill in company with much more modern machines.

Also, a freshly painted red Routemaster bus heading south on the A23, it was RM1033 but on modern issue dateless plates rather than its own 33CLT  which is now apparently on a green Morgan of all things.

Matt

• Like 2

Don’t spend much time over here, but in real life I’ve always been quite into cars.

Not my type of vehicle usually, but I saw one of those Ineos Grenadiers this morning and thought it looked absolutely fantastic.

Keeping it British, I also saw a TVR Tuscan (the late 90s swoopy one with lots of headlights) in black at the local service station recently. One of my favourites as a teenager, and it was still gorgeous.

• Like 5

Ventured out this arvo to visit an old mate before things get too silly. On the way, passed a 1969 Ford Mustang GT fastback, least that's what I supposed it was from the rego A 69 GT . Coming back just about put my neck out seeing a Jaguar XK120, in a well patinaed black finish, rego showed it to be a 1951 Jaguar XK, that was a bit of a treat & the youngish driver was giving it some welly through the roundabout, probably stolen . ;) :D 

Steve.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Ventured out this arvo to visit an old mate before things get too silly. On the way, passed a 1969 Ford Mustang GT fastback, least that's what I supposed it was from the rego A 69 GT . Coming back just about put my neck out seeing a Jaguar XK120, in a well patinaed black finish, rego showed it to be a 1951 Jaguar XK, that was a bit of a treat & the youngish driver was giving it some welly through the roundabout, probably stolen . ;) :D 

Steve.

Typical Nelson drivers with old cars🤪

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

On the A217, huge International bonneted wrecker. If the link works there are three pics of the company trucks, it was the one towing a fire engine. (But sadly sans fire engine)

https://www.mickgouldcommercials.com/foden-alpha-6x4-landoll-low-loader-2

Matt

How cool are they....?!

In a similar, if not quite as impressive, vein, last week saw a 'conventional' cabbed Scania hauling what looked like a normal length trailer - I thought that would make them too long for the UK....

Keith

• Like 2

I went shopping with the wife today, no, it wasn't too bad, she spent more money than I did  😄

However, on the way from and then our car, I saw this Tesla;

IMG_1098

Interesting that it had no visible front number oplate.

IMG_1100

It did have a rear number plate, though.

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

No number plate and an orange bonnet - as if the things aren't ugly enough in the first place.....!!! 🤣

I did wonder if the number plate lit up under that front, but still not sure.

The orange bonnet is indeed garish. I wouldn;t have thought this sporty type of tesla is ugly,, it has some pleasing lines. I just wonder where the number plate is ???

• Like 1

Driving home on the M25 and saw a couple. A lime green panel van, 1950s. I think it may have been a Chevy but not 100% certain as I went past a bit fast. But a couple of cars up was the unmistakable shape of an early 70s Corvette Stingray. Very nice nick, dark blue.

• Like 4

I mentioned this one in the last thread, or possibly even the one before that- some time in 2022 anyway.

Just found this photo of the same car that I took in 2020 so here it is...

It's an Alvis TC 21, being used as a daily driver.

It isn't slow by current standards so it must have been quite impressive in the 1950s!

spacer.png

• Like 14