Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FG2Si

  1. Truly fantastic to see this. Carl
  2. I've never finished building an F-15. My only attempt was the original Tamiya 1/32 F-15E kit. I saw it asked earlier but do Whiffers count? I've got a pair of Revell 1/32 Eagles in the stash to build an F-15J Kai. It's from Patlabor 2. Carl
  3. I got the rear hull installed. I wasn't sure if I had it aligned properly as I had some issues later on. The drive cover, drive sprockets and idlers are together. On the upper hull, there's an inner plate to the front that I installed. There's a couple tabs along the front edge to help align it with the lower hull. I found the were pushing the two sections sort so I sanded them off. This made the fit much better. I think this may have been more of an operator error as I haven't h
  4. Bare concrete actually. Which made it all the more mystifying. Not sure if it rolled away or what. Swept up all around and came up with just dust bunnies.
  5. I've been reading through many of the other builds on here and it's been a great time. Lots of info and techniques to learn. Back to my build, I got the rims painted. At this point you'll notice the one in the bottom right is different. Well, I lost one to the carpet monster. Takom gives you some spares that are ostensibly to be mounted on the hull. I used on of those instead. Thankfully it's one of the inner wheels so the gap around the hub won't be too noticed.
  6. I don't mind the repetitiveness that much. Sometimes it's cathartic.
  7. Stef, I use a circle template from Hasegawa to mask the wheel off. I paint the rubber rims first then hold them behind the template and spray the wheel colour. The template is made from a thicker sheet if stainless so holds up well and is easy to clean off when needed. The circle diameters on it increase by 0.5mm so easy enough to find the correct size.
  8. Thanks Daryl! Funny thing is, the Corsair is my favourite prop plane. I've built two of the Tamiya kits of that one and have a few more to get to. The Spitfire has turned into my "recharge the batteries" build. I know where I need to watch out and what to use AM for and can plug away at it without worry. Carl
  9. I got the rubber black painted and then the dunkelgelb. On the lower hull, I put in two of the rear bulkhead panels. I read in a build review that the reviewer had some issues getting the rear engine deck into place so I'm hoping this helps.
  10. Back to the Jagdpanther, I've been working on the road wheels. I've got them all removed from the sprue and started the cleanup of mould lines and sprue nubs.
  11. They are. They're really nice kits and highly addictive. I've done 9 so far.
  12. Thanks! I used Vallejo washes randomly mixed and applied to get the tonal variations. It worked out better than I'd hoped.
  13. Sounds like me and Tamiya Spitfire kits. Although I doubt I'll try to build 4 at once ever again.
  14. Thanks folks! Here's a couple pics of the railcar. It went together well with the only issue that it's moulded from ABS plastic so the cement didn't always hold. A few parts had to be re-glued to get them to stay put. Carl
  15. Here's another pic of the other hull parts with the moulded on zimmerit. So assembly starts with the lower hull. That went together without any issues. I then added the suspension arms and used their jig to make sure they're level. While that was setting, I started on the tracks. They're link and length with individual track teeth. Thankfully the teeth are grouped together on runs that match the layout of the track links while still on the sprues.
  16. Hi folks, I'm late to the party but thought I'd give this kit a go. I built the railcar earlier this year as something different. Not having built rolling stock before, I guess it turned out ok. I set the Jagdpanther aside but saw this GB mentioned so I thought I'd break it out. The require contents pic: I'm planning to do an OOB build so the moulded on zimmerit helps in that regard. Carl
  17. I'd like to join in with a Jagdpanther. I know I'm a few days late. Just means I'll have to catch up. Carl
  18. Hobbyeasy has it at $344 CAD plus shipping from Hong Kong. https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/il3h1h32zrmgqzejzhdi.html The Trumpeter kit I've found in Canada anywhere from $95 to $149 CAD and free shipping.
  19. I'm on the fence at the moment. The Trumpeter is 1/4 of the price I've found for the Meng one. I haven't heard of what the issues are with the Trumpeter kit. I know there are some but don't know what it is or how bad they are? Carl
  20. I took a look in the recent book Blitz Bombers by Eddie Creek and on page 126 it has photos of a shot down Ar234 (F1+MT) in winter camo. The winter camo is sprayed on and overlaps most of the aircraft's markings. I would imagine then that service markings would have been painted over. One thing they note is that the upper wing was not covered in the winter camo. Hope that helps. Carl
  21. Thanks for the info. You're right about the rack. I tried and couldn't get them to fit. Might have to get creative. Also HLJ got the book in and the price was $20 CAD. I've got it on the way to me.
  22. Really nice progress there Rob. The cab looks amazing. Carl
  23. Tamiya is reissuing the 1/24 kit with some new additions to the kit in the form of seat belts and PE grilles. It's supposed to come before the end of the year. Carl
  • Create New...