Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

On 19/11/2023 at 20:34, Anteater said:

Passing through the cultural desert of Holmes Chapel an early 90's Mk3 Granada Scorpio Saloon! Winner.   

Must have been a day for it, A pre-Scorpio Granada dead on the roadside on Sunday last.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Windy37 said:

The old Volvo has attracted as much attention on here as it was at Cadwell !!!

Gary 

As a motorcyclist I have an evolutionary fear and hatred of Volvos of that era but... it has a certain something I must admit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At lunchtime, anti-clockwise on the M25 between the Dartford Crossing and the M11 turn-off, an immaculate, early, soft top E Type.  The hood was down and the occupants well wrapped up!

Trevor

• Like 4

Bit of an odd one , possibly should be in aviation section.

An abnormal load going East on the M4 near Bristol.  It turned out to to be front half of (I think) an RAF Comet(?) with the main undercarriage down looking like weird outriggers to the low loader!

• Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 8:51 PM, malpaso said:

Bit of an odd one , possibly should be in aviation section.

An abnormal load going East on the M4 near Bristol.  It turned out to to be front half of (I think) an RAF Comet(?) with the main undercarriage down looking like weird outriggers to the low loader!

Doh, epic fail of aircraft recognition!  From local FB messages it seems it was a BAC111 going to Solent Sky!  Glad I didn’t have to follow it all the way to Hampshire😵‍💫.  Not sure how it’ll be displayed as the Museum seemed full to me ( and needed roof leak repairs) last time I visited.

• Like 3

IMG-1269-2.jpg

Saw this Liberty Walk-kitted FD3S RX-7 at a 1990s car event in Bandung. This kit was supposed to be inspired by the Porsche 935K3, hence the gigantic glasshouse foglights and squared-off fenders.

• Like 8

Contrasting spots on the A25 earlier. A lovely maroon 1961 Bentley, and then an odd matt black creation. It had no discernable reg for me to forget/try to look up, but I think it was a Moggie Minor with a hefty roof chop. Not the sort of attention they normally get.

Matt

• Like 3

I was walking back to my temporary office along Man Kwong Street when I was passed by a boxy SUV with RIVIAN in large letters across the tailgate. I've not heard of this, so I looked it up and found it's an all-electric SUV (the company makes an all-electric pickup, too.) The odd thing is that the Rivian company website says that they have yet to set up export arrangements outside the USA so how it got to Hong Kong is a puzzle.

Maurice

• Like 2

The chopped Moggie I saw was quite tatty, a search turned up this which is probably a different car but you can see the idea.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/us-custom-inspired-1963-morris-minor

Today, I saw an immaculate vomit coloured Hillman Imp on a G-suffix. Strange what creeps out even in winter.

Matt

• Like 6

A white GT6 at the weekend - clearly some people aren't worried about salt on the roads. 😐  Today, a Renault Twizy, which I'd never heard of, only discovering its identity from looking up the registration number.  Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Six97s said:

Today, a Renault Twizy, which I'd never heard of, only discovering its identity from looking up the registration number.  Not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

I had a hard enough time stopping my colleague from laughing when a client turned up in one, even more when a tall bloke got out of the back seat...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Waiting on the Bridge this morning and heard a lovely rumble but the last thing i expected to see was a Holden Ute in a gorgeous bronze....

They would hardly be dime a dozen in the Channel Islands either. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

They would hardly be dime a dozen in the Channel Islands either. :)

Steve.

It's the first one i've seen over here but a few years ago there were a couple of Monaro's on the island,sounded and looked gorgeous but i haven't seen them for a long while so whether they are kept in storage and only get used during the summer or gone back to the mainland i don't know....

• Like 3

Although Bentleyuglys are pretty common around here, what you very rarely see is a RR Cullinan. Given that they can be well north of £250k, you would imagine it would be hard to get a reg worth more than your car should you own one. 

I suspect that C1 might be as much again though.

Still stuck in the same traffic jam in Reigate as me though, although no doubt better coccooned.

Matt

• Like 3

This was parked just outside Norwich Airport earlier in the week.  I know its a Toyota Starlet, but it had Glanza written on it which I believe means its a sportier version? 

p?i=24168ce735a3d12bf0b764716a5fc6bb

The next one is a cheat and a bit (or perhaps alot 🤔 😁) of showing off, but hopefully you'll forgive me as its My Caterham (and a few others) gracing the cover of Classic and Sports Car Magazine!!! 😀 and before you ask I've not been playing with Photoshop (other graphic editing software is available 😅)  - Andy 

p?i=e8929f7cebc86cc5787bd7978cb2b8b8

• Like 8