Dornier Do 17 Z-2 "F1+AT" 9./KG 76, Battle of Britain, Airfix 1/72

That is fabulous, I haven't been in the mood for modelling recently but this is the second model today that has made me sit up and really think about getting back to the work bench. Thanks for showing us your splendid Dornier.

Duncan B

I must have done the original Airfix Dornier back in the late 70's after a visit to the Crab museum at Hendon, Never considered going back to one, but having seen yours, I am really, really tempted However that enthusiasm needs a reality check that most of us (me especially) could never come close to the superb finish that you have delivered here. Outstanding model, impressive and so realistic. Thank you for posting

Hard to know what to say.  It just looks so good!

Makes me wonder how much "soul" I've managed to add to my builds.

Measured against that Dornier, not near enough I'm guessing.😬

I had bought this kit last year and I agree with your assesment that it's a bit soulless.  Yet it's been calling me a while to start on it.

The new ICM kit is actually a bit finer effort in the box with petite surface detail that may dissappear under several layers of paint. However I have seen the Airfix kit in finished form and it looked just right!

Airfix seems to have noticeably missed the shape and thickness of props and guns, so I got me some Quickboost replacements. 

This model only needs thinner MGbarrels,  but is otherwise top notch!

Josip

Absolutely beautiful! Love those topsides and all the little extra detail you've added.

Could you explain the glazed paint layer technique you mention?

Thanks for showing.

Rick