What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

After a self(not the wife) imposed exile from e-bay I thought I'd grab a couple of kits for the winter build season so started with

what I thought would be a couple of no chancer's but happily no other bidders out there so Trumpeter's 1/32 Mig 3 and Hellcat

on the way both picked up for under thirty quid each!

• Like 2

Been away for a few days so hit The Works and a couple of second-hand bookshops on my travels.

The Lions Charity Bookshop In Alnwick at £1.00 each

The RAF AT 100 - A Century In Photographs published 2017 by Mirrorpix

The Complete Encyclopedia Of Flight 1945 - 2005 by John Batchelor & Malcolm V Lowe published 2005 by Rebo International , typical 'Encyclopedia Of . . . . . ' coverage but a lot of artwork and cutaways from 'Air & Space' and the like.

Pictorial History Of The RAF Volume One 1918 - 1939  and  Volume Two 1939 - 1945 , both by John W R Taylor (with Philip JR Moyes for Volume Two) and published 1968 and 1969 respectively by Ian Allan , had Volume Three (and a spare) which covered up to the 1969 for years so at a £1 a pop these complete the set.

Barter Books In Alnwick for a wee bit more than £1.00 each

Airfix Magazine Guides - No.10 Luftwaffe Camouflage Of World War 2 by Bryan Philpott ; No.14 American Fighter Of World War 2 by Alan W Hall ; No.18 USAAF Camouflage of World War 2 by Jerry Scutts , all published by PSL 1975 , 1976 , 1976 respectively and all as good as if not actually brand-new.

Squadron Signal In Action No.100 - S2F Tracker by Jim Sullivan published 1990 by Squadron/Signal Publications.

Wolfpack - Hunting MiGs Over Vietnam by Jerry Scutts published 1987 by Airlife.

New from the The Works in Falkirk at prices ranging from 10 pence to £3.50

Haynes Owner's Workshop Manuals - The Moon by David M Harland published 2016 ; Spirit Of St, Louis by Leo Marriott published 2018 ; Avro Lancaster by Jarrod Cotter and Paul Blackah published 2008 ; Vickers Wellington by Iain R Murray published 2012 ; Supermarine Spitfire by Dr. Alfred Price and Paul Blackah published 2007 ; Fairey Swordfish by Jim Humberstone published 2014 ; Flavoured Spirits by Tim Hampson published 2017.

From Airfix

Airfix Club Magazine - Issue 3:2021 delivered while I was away.

Imminent Purchase

A New TV Aerial , little bits been falling off over the past couple of winters with no apparent ill-effect but no terrestrial signal on our return yesterday and looking up there is an obviously important black box dangling from a wire swinging freely in the breeze so phone call left for local aerial erector to call on Monday but can still access some live as well as Prime , Netflix and catch-up via the internet.

• Like 1

Visited a new (to me anyways) model shop of sorts. It only sells Games Workshop and gaming supplies. Very well stocked and came away with a GW Bloat Drone, a Blight Hauler and  a Space Marines Tactical War Suit. All for less than the MRP which is always good for GW products 👍 Also got some Army Painter grass tufts in varying types and a couple of pots of GW 'Technical Paints' Best of all its only a 20 min drive from me and a 3 min drive from my parents house so its easy to get to from either end 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Just ordered the parts to make myself a clone of the MuTron Bi-Phase. I've wanted one for ages and as I was already sourcing parts to build a couple of Phasor II clones to sell, it seemed silly not to.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Just ordered the parts to make myself a clone of the MuTron Bi-Phase. I've wanted one for ages and as I was already sourcing parts to build a couple of Phasor II clones to sell, it seemed silly not to.

Which sci-fi series do they come from, I don't recall them on Star Trek?

• Haha 1

After confidently thinking that a good chunk of my preorders would no show up at the same time, guess what?, four of them came together. I am now the proud possessor of 

An Airfix Wellington II

An AVA Beechcraft King Air

A KP DH5

A Modelvisit Mirage IIIO. 

Fortunately for many years I have run a slush fund that helps pay for models. I started it when I thought how to pay for models when I retire. That event happened earlier than I thought, but the principle has still held good. 

I have another purchase that will materialise at the end of the week in the shape of a new central heating pump. Paying for that will come out of general expenses. I am glad I have never smoked, gambled or chased loose women, and instead spent the money on  modelling (although the loose women had an appeal). 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I think I got lucky last weekend. 
AMS has held a weekend sale and I picked up the Duo Mirage F-1 kit at 30% off. 
That may have been an oops, when I returned home, the kit wasn't listed as discount anymore. 

y4mU1nPrG5N8WsBQwUv9U7ug9KVwcjkc8rweZWRt

Still, can't resist an oddball so this went along was well.  Only 2 ever built, used as testbed for the giant AA-3 missiles. 

y4m2dJHDiV-qH8hS7wOfjqXcGtnMNzts0gpXZoG4

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

That may have been an oops, when I returned home, the kit wasn't listed as discount anymore. 

Still, can't resist an oddball so this went along was well.  Only 2 ever built, used as testbed for the giant AA-3 missiles. 

I like the look of that Yak. I think I might have to get one to add to my Soviet oddballs collection.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Ooooo Cool a Flashlight. 

• Like 1

That Yak-25 is a beauty!

My latest arrival is this Kami de Koro Yak-36, the original Soviet VTOL testbed that led to the Yak-38. Its a (very) rudimentary resin kit but the only source of this model in-scale.

InShot_20211005_074226120.jpg

InShot_20211005_074325962.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomjw said:

I like the look of that Yak. I think I might have to get one to add to my Soviet oddballs collection.

For an AMonster kit, it's pretty nice :) 
It'll fit in well with the A&A Models La.200B .

y4mR76PwDrXTpxyy-TmAF2JpY9FVfztoEuAFXMUQ

• Like 4

3 hours ago, alt-92 said:

For an AMonster kit, it's pretty nice :) 
It'll fit in well with the A&A Models La.200B .

y4mR76PwDrXTpxyy-TmAF2JpY9FVfztoEuAFXMUQ

The Soviet Union's late entry to the hotly contest 'ugliest plane of the 1940s' competition I believe 

Edited by -Ian-
  • Haha 4

An SIHRSC file, which seem to be somewhat legendary in this forum.

Let's hope it makes some of the filling/sanding cycle easier.

'twas but 3.30 from ebay, including the handle, so no big loss if it's not.

I could always bake it in a cake for a prison breakout.....

• Haha 3

On it's way in shipping..

photo-th.jpg

• Like 3

A Smer MS.225 from Cornwall Model Boats. A bit of model envy from the French Fancy GB.

From the local auction site, an Airfix Tornado GR.1 & a KP (old) Po-2. Another dose of retro mania. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

The 1/72 Trumpy Tupolev Tu-22K Blinder. That completes my Soviet bomber obsession.

• Like 1

Some paint, and a hasegawa f-35b for a rather bargainous price, didnt want to buy any kits as I'm considering expanding my fledgling 1/200 resin airliner collection but i have sold a few things and I'm unable to visit my local probably have the funds for both, now to not drop this one on its canopy and actually finish it.....

edit: never actually confirmed that paint order, decided I didn't actually need some of them which allowed me to order from the other supplier for a particular brand and ended up having a kit browse and adding a hobbyboss fw190 to my cart as like the camo options, but them required me to add some RLM colours so actually ended up with an even bigger order.... :)

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

A Smer 1/72 (ex-KP) Su-7 for under £9 posted. Thought it was worth a punt. I know there's a better kit out there, but it's more than I'm gonna pay for it.

• Like 1

Just  received the IWATA / Dream Gear ARKHITECT space ship from our local supplier SMS Paints in Melbourne. WOW !!!!!!!!!! It is a clip together model complete with built in light ways for the supplied LED lighting system. Lights with different defusers to provide the different engine light colours, running lights, crew accomodation and lights for the stand. Instructions excellent, plastic is sharp and detail great. Only 3 colours required if you want to paint, light gray, dark gray and red brown.

If you want a change or a mojo reboot, this maybe it 😍

https://www.scalemodeller.com.au/products/1-3000-arkhitect-advanced-research-colonizer-model-kit 

• Like 2