What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

The Falcon Clearvax set for RAF bombers (Halifax, Stirling, etc.). 1/72, natch. This is my second of this set, but as I have two each of the Airfix Halifax B.III, Matchbox Halifax B.I/II and Airfix Stirling (and these kits need some help) and the price was decent, I thought it was worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

I'm very happy today! Just received this 3 beauties from my supplier. Couldn't resist them, mainly because their'e already relics and didn't see them on sale any more, apart for being some I wanted!

20211102_121005.jpg

Cheers
LM

Nice selection. Relics aren't cheap, though...

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:24 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Old Revell spitfire vb as a parts donor….will take the good bits from it to replace what I took last month from an Airfix vb and build that, rest for the spares box then throw the awful wings away. What to do with the spare fuselage though….

Arrived wings aren’t awful at all, the lack of gull wing correctable. So in the same boat again, hoped to backdate it to a mkI early but the Airfix parts don’t fit….now to wait for the Airfix MkII/MkV kit to appear on eBay so I can finally have a spare oil cooler and a complete spitfire combo.  Edit just realised I have  few spare mkI oil coolers and couple of them with some surgery and filler/putty will do, could have saved £12 if I realised that sooner…..still got 2 spitfire v’s for the stash 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Currently available on Amazon at £6.25 a pop

Same price on Hannants.... have Big H made a mistake?!

I joined Amazon Prime Video on Saturday so the missus could watch the rugby. I didn't know they had an offer running from last October to this Sunday, that if you signed up to Prime and watched a 'show' before midnight Sunday they gave you a £5 voucher, and as she'd watched the Wales game it counted as a show! So had a look and they had the Airfix RN Buccaneer at just over £23 - so with the voucher just over £18 - result! :) 

Keith

• Like 4

On 10/29/2021 at 5:35 PM, alt-92 said:

:banghead:

About that Mossie decal sheet: you can tell I didn't bring my glasses with me.  It's a 1/48 sheet, not the 1/72 intended. 
Nothing for it then, Tamiya 1/48 FB.VI is now on it's way. 

The advantages of being the CFO in a one-person household, I guess :P

-edit-

And the Flyhawk SBD-3 is now appearing on a certain bidding site as well.. oh dear..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Three books: 

Hitler's Army, by Omer Bartov

The Hitler Myth, by Ian Kershaw

and

No Longer an Island: Britain and the Wright Brothers, 1902-1909, by A M Gollin

• Like 2

An Amodel Yak-18T, from the Ukraine via ebay. Actually two kits in one, first I re-assemble the box which was flat packed to save postage before I can add it to stock. I'm quite enjoying picking up some of the general aviation subjects. Hope I enjoy making them up as much. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

An Amodel Yak-18T, from the Ukraine via ebay. Actually two kits in one, first I re-assemble the box which was flat packed to save postage before I can add it too stock. I'm quite enjoying picking up some of the general aviation subjects. Hope I enjoy making them up as much. :)

Steve.

That'll be an adventure in plastic for you. I've ordered the Yak-28 and from the reviews I've read, it's quite a handful.

Good luck

To.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tomjw said:

That'll be an adventure in plastic for you. I've ordered the Yak-28 and from the reviews I've read, it's quite a handful.

Good luck

To.

It is. 

• Like 2

51656570641_5039c7c83f_b.jpg

At last!

I have just ordered the Airfix Lancaster B.MkII as a donor aircraft for the conversion. My cunning plan is to use a pair of that kit's Hercules engines when I finally get round to the Contrail Lerwick kit.

I have also ordered masking sets for the Airfix Wellington and the Special Hobby Anson.

I'm expecting a quiet Christmas! :lol:

• Like 10

From Going Loco - some 2mm, 4mm & 7mm static grass in various shades.

From Kwik Fit - a new rear tyre thanks to a 3 inch screw! 🤨

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers

Got some beautiful Syhart decals for the Revell 1/48 Rafale M  - the BAM intakes & bits are also ordered.

Added some Techmod stencil data (for 4 aircraft) and prop logos, and the Trumpy Hun for a long-term planning 32nd TFS Wolfhound series. 

y4mxzKRQNqpDS6USo7TEip7TMcyci9oxPg1McA-_

And I snapped up the last RS Models Lockheed F-4 which may come in handy in a certain STGB later ;)

For all the horror stories it doesn't look bad at all. I've seen worse - an RPM Beriev-4 comes to mind!

y4mm6a2yZLgG6bPpXb6pnjISX0lwI0uQT9eZIFVZ

• Like 4

On 10/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, alt-92 said:

Just won bids on two long-OOP decal sheets at a good price. 

:penguin:

subjects:

y4m76z5vWbDBhD3n1llSSw_OdQyGNTn34oyU7JKr

y4mF-QwNmMZ6EQ8DvvCrBymWoO6ysoByKyZqoQY0

Yeeessssss.... 
Helps being friendly to your postie :P

y4mhp-LrVi2bWcLuLfS2sF0cK9nzq1tEDItp4OZV

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Another 1/200 snap fit airliner, in this case a Skymarks BA A350-1000……

Lost in the post :(hopefully won’t take too long to sort of the refund spotted a couple of ones from a EU seller that can’t get over here so will be getting them instead or in addition if turns up. Also got myself a Tamiya bell x-1 by making an offer on one as the auction came to a conclusion and accepting the sellers counter. Had also hoped to walk to my local for the first time in over 2 months but my ride back went out before I could ask so probably will have to be tommorow :(.  Edit: literally minutes after posting RM delivered it 😂😂

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Sad 1

From B N A Model World

1/48 Oz Mods OZCONV4802 A-26K Invader Conversion as a possible solution to what I feel to be the apparent shortness of the ICM A-26K gun-nose parts.     Merely a personal opinion so please don’t shoot the messenger but the resin gun-nose seems to be near enough the same length as that of the older style gun-nose in the Revell/Monogram A-26B kit with both being noticeably longer than that provided in the ICM kit.     As I say merely a personal observation and the proof of the pudding will be in actually assembling the kit.     The OzMods conversion parts also includes two part wingtip tanks with a recess to fit onto the wing rather than the butt joint on the ICM parts however even with the moulding plugs still attached these parts are very slightly shorter than the kit parts and with them removed are well under length so any benefits of a potentially stronger fit might be outweighed by the level of filler/surgery required.     At time of purchase shipping from Australia effectively doubled the cost to around £20 if anyone might be thinking to try the same.

From Key Publications

Two of the latest addition to their book series.

US Air Forces In Europe - In The 1980s by Kevin Wright , the final decade of the Cold War with a wide variety of types and colour schemes still serving at that time.

North Korean Aviation – An Eyewitness Account by Gerry Manning , excellent civil , military and social coverage of the to date unique 2016 Wonsan Airshow.