Lockheed P-38F Lightning, 39th FS/35th FG, 5th Air Force, Port Moresby, New Guinea, 1943

Saw this coming in right now - wonderful! It‘s not just one more P-38, it‘s a very atmospheric setting of a superbly finished Lightning. Well done Russ!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Russ,

Lovely build and finish - the extra work on the gun barrels and scoops has really paid off,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• russ c changed the title to Lockheed P-38F Lightning, 39th FS/35th FG, 5th Air Force, Port Moresby, New Guinea, 1943

As someone who has both the Monogram/Revell and Tamiya 1/48 kits in the stash, I like what you did with the non-Tamiya kit.  (I may have an Academy version somewhere lurking in the dark recesses of the stash, who knows?)  These old kits, in the hands of someone, like you, who knows what they are doing and can put the "modeling experience" into the kit, can make an award winning model like this one.  The finish and decals look great.  The weathering (looks like the engines are really running lean) is just spot-on.  And, then you put this beautifully build kit inside of the wonderful diorama and the thing comes to life.  Thanks for sharing and more builds of "second tier" kits. 

• Thanks 1

Your build is every bit as good as what the Tamiya offering gives.   At first I thought I was looking at another Tamiya build until you mentioned it was the Academy kit.   Stellar job sir.  :cheers:   

• Thanks 1