FW190 D-9 – IBG 1/72

The IBG model is decidedly beautiful, but we know that perfection does not exist in model making, so also in this case it is necessary to make some modifications and/or additions to the cockpit, the propeller/naca complex, the rear part of the engine and the landing gear legs.

The chosen subject is a D-9 of Stab II/JG 6, an aircraft which surrendered in Fürth on 8 May 1945. The camouflage scheme is in RLM 81/82, with areas in RLM 75 on the right wing and the moving part of the tail plans. Under the technical officer's chevron-dot on both sides of the fuselage appears a retouch (RLM 65 ?) covering the previous code.

The colors, all mixtures of Humbrol Enamels, have been applied exclusively with a brush, while the decals are from the Eagle Cals 72-61 sheet.

The lower surfaces are in scheme W2 (JaPo classification) in natural metal/RLM 76.

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Giampiero Piva

Edited by Giampiero Piva
images errors
  • Like 73
  • Thanks 1

What kind of wizardry is this?  The detail looks like it should be on a 1/32 scale kit.  And the painting was entirely done by brush?  Somebody hit you with the magic touch for modeling several times.  (I, myself, have been touched several times with the modeling botch gene).  Just a really great build and finish of this Dora.  I am always so amazed that such detail can be achieved in the small 1/72 scale by someone who knows what they are doing.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Always a pure pleasure to look at. Your knowledge of the Luftwaffe is simply outstanding, as is the quality of your brush talent! Grazie Mille Maestro!

• Thanks 1