Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

Few spots today, classic Rover Mini in red, not a Cooper, something like a Mayfair, a very tidy looking, also red, MGBGT and a Mazda RX8. In pink....!! 

Also saw one of the almost universally hated new M3's in a lovely metallic green - I thought it looked stunning!! :nodding:

Keith

• Like 2

Even though it's a dashcam quality shot I think it speaks for itself.

52748242780_2cfda9d4a7_b.jpg

We used to laugh at these back in the day (and still do!), but more surprising was when a customer turned up in a Renault Twizy - not sure my colleague had seen one in the flesh before.

• Like 4

A brother-in-law had one of these once. While he was stopped, a van clipped one corner of the body. The next thing he knew, he was still sitting in his seat (which was now on the road) holding the steering wheel, and surrounded by bits of fibreglass.

Maurice

• Sad 2

Wednesday last week we had a visit from Porsche Club Indonesia for their touring across West Java and Central Java. My friend told me it's something like 1000km or so from Jakarta, to my hometown of Bandung, to Semarang, Magelang, and return trip to Jakarta.

IMG-1549.jpg

Well I did not expect this. A 488 GTB. THe owner also had 718 Cayman and 992 GT3 but both are currently being serviced at Porsche Centre Jakarta. So between Ferrari and Morgan PlusFour? Ferrari it is.

IMG-1562.jpg

What's with people driving non-Porsche on a Porsche event? But hey, Lexus LC500 is one of the best-looking car on sale today I have no complains. It's gorgeous.

IMG-1568.jpg

Finally some good Porsche. A 992 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition in its signature Cherry Metallic colour. One of 992 made, last year they were everywhere in Indonesia. Today I barely saw one around.

IMG-1610.jpg

My director's 992 GT3 in black. He was planning on getting a GT3 Touring in Dolomite Silver but then the semiconductor shortage struck. Forced to source his GT3 from parallel imports. It's in what I can call comfort spec. No rollcage, no bucket seat, only comfort seats and PDK, plus normal Pirelli PZero Corsa instead of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. Why? Well he intended to use the car on long trips and weekend drives with only occasional track drive.

IMG-1670.jpg

A 992 GT3 Touring in Crayon. And yes it was a massively foggy day at Subang, which is a residence 18km north of Bandung, and it is located in the mountain. That fog on the background is not fog. It's cloud. So thick was the cloud, once it descended visibility is less than 5 meters.

I was supposed to do another round of spotting the next day. Unfortunately severe case of diarrhea strikes and I was bedridden for 3 days. Even until today I'm still recovering.

• Like 8

On 18/03/2023 at 21:56, Sabrejet said:

Haven't seen one before.

I hadn't either until I just googled it! Another fast milk float then....!! 🤣

Just now in The Range car park, one of those once common as muck, not worth a second glance, cars, a very nice looking 52 reg Rover 75.

Keith 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I hadn't either until I just googled it! Another fast milk float then....!! 🤣

Just now in The Range car park, one of those once common as muck, not worth a second glance, cars, a very nice looking 52 reg Rover 75.

Keith 

I usually now give such cars a second look as they become more rare the older they get . And they aren't an SUV .... !

Gary . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Keith 

Someone round the corner from me had four of those on the drive, not so long ago.

Today's spot: a black Maserati SUV.  Don't ask me which model, I only recognised the badge.  How did we end up here?  😢

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Windy37 said:

I usually now give such cars a second look as they become more rare the older they get

Me too....

7 hours ago, Windy37 said:

And they aren't an SUV .... !

...oops, I was driving my Suzuki Grand Vitara.....!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Me too....

...oops, I was driving my Suzuki Grand Vitara.....!! 🤣

Keith

Let you off that one , that's an off roader in my eyes !

Gary . 

Edited by Windy37
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Six97s said:

Someone round the corner from me had four of those on the drive, not so long ago.

Today's spot: a black Maserati SUV.  Don't ask me which model, I only recognised the badge.  How did we end up here?  😢

Sadly the answer is that people kept buying them. I do keep thinking of an article in the paper a couple of years ago which said "In 1885 Karl Benz created the motor car. For 120 years cars gradually improved with each generation. Then the SUV was invented."

Meanwhile in terms of Rover 75 spot of the day, I'll chime in with a metallic gold (not unlike Tamiya Titanium Gold) 53-plate estate on the way into work this morning. :)

• Like 4

One of those Lambo Ur(an)us SUV things in what could only be described as bright green! A classic example of money not being able to buy taste....

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Let you off that one , that's an off roader in my eyes !

Gary . 

Thanks Gary! It was actually originally bought as a tow car for the rally prepped Ibiza Cupra we had before the Mini - it was used a few times for that (& for the Mini) although if it ever will be again I doubt!

Keith

• Like 2

Today's spots, in Belfast;

a Vespa type scooter painted in Luftwaffe two-greens camo with a big Luftwaffe WW2 type cross on the engine cover panel

followed by, about 100 yards behind, by a - wait for it! --- a modern scooter, plain white with a small RAF Type A1 roundel on the handlebars fairing and one on the engine cover panel !

I kid you not oh ye of little faith

Also spotted a van type vehicle I'm not sure I'm happy with;

Big van type, with reversed Ambulance lettering on the bonnet, Ambulance above windscreen on sides and on rear. Sides had yellow and green checkerboard and yellow and green chevrons on back doors. But it looked odd as it had no blue lights bar but roof-rack bars. As it stopped for traffic lights I could read a sign on the side; Automobile Ambulance, Road Side Rescue or Repairs  an address and phone numbers

Most road users here often make way for ambulances even when they don't have the blues flashing so a lot of drivers pulled over to let this van through the traffic.

• Like 4

Yesterday in Stowmarket, an R reg Maestro that looked like it may be a daily driver. 

Late this morning out near Binbrook, a small red car coming towards me. At first I thought Riley Elf. But the grille was a bit too big.

I think it was a small early sixties FIAT. I'm sure I've seen one before, but can't remember the name/number.

Later today near Branston (Lincs) a very original looking white Vauxhall Carlton estate on a J plate.

• Like 3

Possibly a Wolseley Hornet? Pretty much identical to the Riley Elf apart from the slightly larger grille.  Back in my yoof I had an Elf, my older brother had a Hornet and the only way you could tell the difference from the outside was the grille shape.

• Like 4