Spot of the Day Part 6

bentwaters81tfw

Nice BMW estate! Rapid and practical at the same time.

Saw a lime green Saab 96 historic (?) rally car being trailered north on the A1 yesterday lunch time.  Only caught a brief glimpse.

Trevor

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Would you want this one or any of the current range?

I bet that'll be more expensive than many of the current range!! It is rather lovely though!

Having said that I do actually quite like the extremeness (is that a word?!) of design of the new M2 coupe, M3 & M4 coupe - they're nothing if not different and I wouldn't say no to any of them! :)

Keith

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I bet that'll be more expensive than many of the current range!! It is rather lovely though!

Having said that I do actually quite like the extremeness (is that a word?!) of design of the new M2 coupe, M3 & M4 coupe - they're nothing if not different and I wouldn't say no to any of them! :)

Keith

M3 Touring G81 has been doing bad things to me. Got my hand on an M3 Competition last year, now I understand the hype behind the current gen M3 and M4. It even looked rather spiffing in real life. But M3 Touring in Daytona Violet with bronze M Performance wheels? Where do I sign up to sell my family?

• Like 1

Last Saturday we got some guests from Jakarta. Usually had their gathering at Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta but last Friday decided to have a one-day trip to Bandung

IMG-1233.jpg

930 Turbo 3.3 in Meteor Grey Metallic, but not with Fuchs alloys. Those are 964 5-spoke alloys with deep-dish barrel, 345-section rear tyres there. As reference the 918 Spyder got 325-section rear tyres. So this 1984 Porsche 911 has wider rear tyres than Porsche's own hybrid hypercar from 2014.

IMG-1252.jpg

A mostly stock R32 Skyline GT-R with Advan Racing RG1 sets

IMG-1258.jpg

This R34 Skyline GT-R is mostly stock... but not at the same time. While the engine is only making somewhere around 400hp, the brakes are nicked from R35 GT-R. The bodywork and wheels are all Nismo Z-Tune items. Not quite full-fat Nismo Clubman Race Spec (there's one in Jakarta with full-on RB28 2.8-litre Z-Tune block), but still a stunning example of R34 Skyline nevertheless

IMG-1345.jpg

Original 964 Turbo 3.6 finished in Riviera Blue with Recaro Pole Position buckets, this car has only recently finished being restored.

IMG-1467.jpg

Riviera Blue 993 Carrera 2, equipped with the 993 Carrera RS kits and Speedline three-piece wheels. This is not an RS because Carrera RS did not get headlight washers. For lightness, obviously.

IMG-1514.jpg

Now this one is an actual RS. A 964 Carrera RS 3.6, originally in Guards Red but the owner sent it to a workshop to be wrapped in Audi's Nardo Grey.

IMG-1366.jpg

This one might look familiar from my previous post, but this is a different car. This RWB 993 was not originally an Indonesian car. In fact, it was actually a Hongkong car (no. 3 if I'm not mistaken), and only recently imported in 2021 to Indonesia. Funnily enough both Riviera Blue RWB 993s (this and the one I posted previously) actually meet each other on Friday evening.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Tyas said:

Last Saturday we got some guests from Jakarta.

And they brought some stunning 911's with them - they are all lovely, but especially that Riviera Blue 964.... :nodding:

This is the closest I'll ever get to owning one......

Crop2

🤣

Keith

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I saw this couple days ago. Somehow symphatic.

p?i=2d365b917a2c0fdc1126c7afa4cc6c51

Now I have to admit that I actually really like this for some reason, even more than the Porsches a little higher up the post.

• Like 1

Wednesday I saw a Black Dodge Magnum. The Station Wagon version of the Chrysler 300.

Yesterday I saw another one in Grantham. They're not common so two in two days is odd.

Also yesterday, on a trailer at the Lincoln end of the A15, a Simca Rallye in orange and with racing stickers.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Farmer matt said:

First one of these I have seen in the metal

urus

urus.

Matt

This “colour” choice smacks of someone who didn’t actually want a Lamborghini!  Whereas the first I saw (4-5 years ago) was bright yellow and certainly made an entrance!

To be honest the Urus is probably the least worst looking of the stupidly expensive SUVs.  But every make of them from RR Cullinan down bring to mind that old credit card ad “says more about you than cash ever can!” 🤣

• Like 1

I don't think I want to play this game no more

What used to be 'wow! one of those' is now 'meh, another one. . . '

In the past week, just since Tuesday morning,  I've seen;

7 modern Ford Mustangs (all different colours)

6 modern, new style Porche roadsters (I've not yet identified which ones they are)

5 Maseratis

3 big Bentleys, the one wot looks like a SUV

at least 5 Teslas

2 modern Cameros

1 Morris Minor van

1 Citroen 2CV car converted to a pick-up

1 Jaguar Mk.X

• Like 4

A strange one... registration 'YR 1' on an old Renault Trafic van.   Value of plate vs. vehicle?   🤔   I used to see '3A' on a Peugeot 309, so I guess some people just have diffrent priorities.

• Like 4

On 3/11/2023 at 10:30 AM, Vesa Jussila said:

Spotted something in snow didn't look if it's 4wd or just ordinary GTI

p?i=7ae0938c0983a5e3b20ae99a654f19af

This last week we have had our annual day of snow and , as usual , it created huge traffic problems , shut schools , people being asked not to take unnecessary journeys  etc . ! And your classic  Celica there is being driven on salt free , packed snow !

Gary . 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 08:28, Pete in Lincs said:

Exhibit A, M'Lud. Found online, Would you want this one or any of the current range?

e2c28b88f5a6d76b24ceffe4ec6c1e55f9221982

Thanks for sharing this pic  Pete. That's a real cool one   never saw one like this before . Perfect courier car 😇

Marco F 

• Like 2