Aoshima/Beemax 1:24 Volvo 240 Turbo

After seeing Jeroen move his Volvo truck build over here from the Nordic GB, I thought I'd do the same with my Volvo.😀 This is my street version of the Aoshima/Beemax Volvo 240 Turbo. I went a bit overboard with the Nordic theme, incorporating some Swedish props and backgrounds to go with my Swedish car but the Group Build was fun and I'm looking to see where I can fit some car models into future Group Builds.

The kit was pretty simple and I only made a few mods - swapped the slicks for street tires, adjusted the camber of the wheels to get them more vertical and then the removal of the kit spoiler.

Volvo_Outside-6-1920x1080

Volvo_Outside-4-1920x1080

Volvo_Outside-9-1920x1080

Volvo_Outside-11-1920x1080

Volvo_Outside-13-1920x1080

I did a studio set of shots as well:

Volvo_Studio-7-1920x1080

Volvo_Studio-3-1920x1080

Volvo_Studio-5-1920x1080

I didn't do much to the interior, just added a pair of seats from the parts box.

volvo_20

Thanks for looking!

Martin.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

wowwwwwww very very impressive model the first 4 pics i thought thats the reference photo of the original one, then i realize thats your model, coz i saw your thumb, man thats simple fantastic model and very great photography

you make my day

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the great comments!

23 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Having just about completed my second Aoshima / Beemax kit , I think they are excellent. 

Agreed - this is my only one so far but I think it's well proportioned and with good detail and moulding.

10 hours ago, JeroenS said:

You know there's a Nordic GB II coming, right?

If I could find a Tamiya Volvo 850 Wagon for a decent price, I might be in!

• Like 3

But it's not blue?!?!  Stance, wheels, color (despite not being blue), windows... Oh and the photography.  All of which are world class.  

JCH

P.S. I show your work to my wife.  She doesn't even look at mine.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, gt6mkiii said:

If I could find a Tamiya Volvo 850 Wagon for a decent price, I might be in!

Finding one could happen, the decent price part, not so much 😉 

Flawless paint, impeccable detailing and the diorama setting is just perfect.  I wish there were something I could suggest as an improvement for next time, but I can't.  The only regret is that it isn't a Volvo 240 estate, as that's what I consider to be the iconic Volvo.

• Thanks 1

Superb build, well done. So good to see a two door Volvo for a change!

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for all the great comments - this was a fun one to put together - model, props and background. 

3 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

You need to give us mere mortals a tutorial.

Ha! I've been sharing my camera settings and and background techniques in my posts - maybe I'll have to gather it all together in one place. I know that @JeroenS has printed out some of his photos to use as backgrounds for his truck models and they're looking great.

Absolutely superb.  My (much) better half said the only thing that is wrong is that if it really was on a trip to IKEA there would be more boxes sticking out of the boot!  I'm going to repeat myself; superb (or should that be utmärkt).

• Thanks 1