Lancaster BII being checked over

Dear Fellow Modellers

I credit the Airfix Lancaster BII to tempting me back to the 'Divine scale' and enjoyed doing her up with the excellent Airfix ground vehicles.

IMG_4218_zpsa202af73.jpg

I did scratch improvements for the turret interior framing and Quickboost barrels. The Decals for 115 Squadron are from Xtradecal.

IMG_4217_zps4fb9f4ca.jpg

IMG_4230_zps779506dd.jpg

The figures are from Revell

IMG_4228_zps6f58c284.jpg

IMG_4222_zps27d4a6d1.jpg

I decided the yellow gas patch circle behind the pilot's head was too small so used a large yellow decal and a punch and die set to make a larger one.

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 12

The yellow circle on the pilot's back armor wasn't a gas patch. It was there just to denote that it was an armored plate and could be magnetic.

It's a bit hard to tell from the images that you have posted, but did you paint the engine gear casings grey?

Beautiful build, by the way and nice pics, too.

Chris

That last pic is superb,you can almost hear the whining note of the Hercules engines.

I wouldn't have liked to stand infront without the wheel chocks in place and engines running

though.

As dogsbody mentions,the yellow disc wasn't a gas patch,it was an I.D for armor plate and also

had a simpler use,to show that the pilot( a most expensive wartime item)had his seat armor

up in the combat position before take-off.

Those Bomber maintainance set vehicles look like they build up a real treat.

• Like 1

Very very nice, great job. Have yet to get my hands on the new Airfix Lanc and the excellent ground vehicles set.

The weathering on the Lanc is superb

Paul

Andrew

Brilliant work. I love how you got that 'delicate' and complex look to the turrets with the interior framing - always something tricky to achieve in 1/72.

A truly inspiring build.

Ian