Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Stew Dapple

Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Stew Dapple last won the day on August 12 2018

Stew Dapple had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

13,565 Excellent

About Stew Dapple

  • Rank
    Contact Drone
  • Birthday 16/07/1965

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Dundee, Angus
  • Interests

Recent Profile Visitors

3,458 profile views
  1. I say! Hellooooo... I sprayed a coat of very-nearly black as an undercoat to the Aluminium and as I feared it showed I needed more work on the upper nose seam; I did this to my satisfaction and re-sprayed the relevant area, here is the current state of things: I shall give it a rub-down later on when I am happy that the paint has had enough time to cure, then hopefully get the alumiunium paint on before the weekend... Cheers, Stew
  2. Stew Dapple

    Are there any Lancaster VI decals in 1/72?

    Not to encourage my esteemed friend into any unplanned expenditure, but Blackbird Models do a Lancaster VI conversion set; doesn't include decals though, as far as I can tell... Cheers, Stew
  3. Stew Dapple

    Italeri Sunderland MK I

    Looks good to me mate, lovely job Cheers, Stew
  4. Stew Dapple

    Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III

    Good work Shellie, she turned out nice Cheers, Stew
  5. I'm sorry to hear about Madeleine mate, I know that's a hard thing to have to do and I know, as Jon said, knowing you did the right thing by her is very little consolation. It was still the right thing to do though. Cheers, Stew
  6. Lovely job Rymulus Cheers, Stew
  7. Stew Dapple

    Tamiya 1/72 Focke Wulf FW 190 D9

    Looks good to me too. I can't see the problems you had with the canopy framing but I was once given some very good advice: use as little as possible* paint and varnish on the cockpit framing as too great a build-up can make removing the masking like cutting a slice of cake - difficult to get an exactly square, clean edge. With regards to the paint spatter, this could indicate that the paint could have been thinned a little more prior to spraying, maybe try a thinner mix on something disposable prior to spraying your next model None of the foregoing is intended to distract from a lovely looking model - what KM said above is certainly the case, we see the failings in our own kits that others would not notice Cheers, Stew * By which I mean no more than absolutely necessary, of course
  8. Stew Dapple

    Eduard 1/72 F6f-3 FINISHED

    Nice job Allan, a very striking scheme and a lovely model Cheers, Stew
  9. Stew Dapple

    The Gentlemanly Pursuit

    Great example in your last two pictures of OD looking a completely different colour in different lighting Very nice job on that mate, good work Cheers, Stew
  10. Stew Dapple

    1/72 Grumman F3F-2

    Lovely job John Cheers, Stew
  11. Stew Dapple

    A Streaker from Republic

    Glad you survived the cold Dennis. I had to laugh at the weather forecast "-22o Feels like -49o" - personally I thought that was not really very useful, as I can't imagine what -22o feels like and I think most people would be hard pressed to differentiate between -22o and -49o beyond saying both are extremely cold. I suppose if you are regularly exposed to those extremes of temperature after a while you might be able to tell the difference, but I hope you will not experience them often enough to learn it Regarding the pictures, I'm not sure, but it looks as if they're both OD anti-glare panels, just in different light - compare with the black spine panel in each case... anyway it makes no odds since you wanted to go with OD anyway Those markings are going to look great Cheers, Stew
  12. Stew Dapple

    Frog/Airfix Bristol Beaufort

    She turned out nice mate Cheers, Stew
  13. Looking very smooth mate It does look as if the upper masking on the sliding canopy section of P3059/SD-N is lifting at the lower edges though? Might need watching out for... Cheers, Stew
  14. Over the weekend I got the nose-parts fitted: ... and fitted the gunsight and the canopy: I did get the distinct impression that Eduard really do want you to display the model with the canopy open, or perhaps it was due to my earlier clumsiness with the nose-weight, but it certainly seemed a tough proposition to close up the canopy, one that, ultimately, I solved with a dab of gel superglue and a silent prayer to the modelling godesses not to fog my canopy. Of course I won't know until I remove the mask whether my prayer was in vain but I already paid the additional price of snapping off one of the resin gun barrels which I have little faith in ever seeing again. Still, if it comes to that I can replace it with some micro-tube or stretched sprue depending on what is more effective - I do have the kit parts to take a measurement from which is something. Cheers, Stew