Cessna O-2A 'Skymaster'. 1/48 ICM kit.

Very  nice indeed and I too have a soft spot for the type. At least the civilian 337 version. A friend of mine flew one and lost an engine on take off. He just landed thanks to the push pull layout. 

Twins at the time had a dangerous reputation. There was a period during take off when losing an engine meant loss of control and an inevitable crash. The 337 solved that problem, somewhat.

There was a joke that in a single you crashed immediately after an engine  failure, in a twin, you flew to an airport and crashed there. 

Cessna partially solved that  problem.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 4

That's rather nice!  I do like the finish and small bits like the tags ... good work! 👌 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

Very exclusive! It turns out wonderful. Reminds me immediately of the movie Bat 21.  Superb presentation and photography 

Andy 

• Like 1

Superb model, very well done. I have the same kit to be built, thanks for the head up about the main landing gear!

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

Very nice.  The “Remove Before Flight” tags add to the realism and overall presentation. :thumbsup:

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everybody, much appreciated!  It is quite a cute little thing I guess, and nothing overly complicated about it and relatively straightforward to assemble. Visually quite a pleasing little model too.

Thanks again!  🙂 

On 3/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, Dstream said:

Superb model, very well done. I have the same kit to be built, thanks for the head up about the main landing gear!

Cheers,

Dan

I can definitely recommend the brass undercarriage set, nice and solid and should not sag over time. The set also includes the nose gear strut too, and a small brass axle for the nose wheel. :)

53591645966_c34b511ef8_o.jpg

B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2