1/72 - Avro Anson Mk.19 & T.21 by Valom - box art+schemes - release in May 2024 ?

Homebee

Valom is to release 1/72th Avro Anson kits.

I've a dream: 1/48th scale kits from these Annie variants.

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/www.valom.net/posts/pfbid0SPStYqHcJADwndhbhhuWyde1msKW457YawkkqoukKvXMSnwGxE9kpnvdXFofYek5l

https://www.valom.net/?page_id=1137

- ref. 72164 - Avro Anson C.19

Avro-Anson-C-19.jpg

VAL72164.jpg
VAL72164-1.jpg

- ref. 72165 - Avro Anson T.21

Avro-Anson-T-21.jpg

VAL72165.jpg
VAL72165-1.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Avro Anson Mk.19 & T.21 by Valom - box art - release in 2024
1 hour ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Good lads, about time this was done - Aeroclub were the last (and only?) ones to tackle this in the 80s!

John had two goes at the C.19 in 1/72, plus he did the injection bits for the Welsh 1/144 kit. The first kit had a vacform fuselage and I'd put that early-mid 90's, the second issue had a clear injection moulded fuselage which I'd put in the 00's

• Like 2

I always thought the C19 variant attractive whereas the WWII variants didn’t raise an eyebrow. So I’ve the later Aeroclub release in the stash too. Glad to see Valom are giving it a go though. 

Nice news!!! I'll be getting one - likely to be used with airgraphics 'testing time'decal sheet. Just wondering how different in dimensions were 19 and 21 compared to Anson mk.I? I understand it''s been fairly different aircraft but I wonder whether it grew in size other than in fuselage height.

If it is as good as the Aeroclub offering it will be a winner. Although a mixed media kit it wasn't difficult to build but an injection moulded kit would make multiple builds easier.

Keith 

I've  got an Aeroclub one made in my collection . It had the vacfuselage but wasn't the clear version.  I also have the 1/144 Welshodels one. Both are in need of a refresh in the colour schemes. A future project for repaints rather than builds for me.

As for the Valom. Kits, it's about time someone did these kits. The artwork shown for the bottom with the yellow t band is a bit suspect with regard to the code down the sid. I'm sure the last digit should be 'Z' and not 7. Never ever known a number for the last digit.

You're thinking of the Mk.XII, and I see your point.  However I think the Mk.V had a fourth variant, moulded in Plywood(?): note the round windows.  It certainly looks more that that of the Mk.XII than either of the others, but I wouldn't like to give an opinion on just how close. 

These Anson versions have me very excited, because either/both have been on my wish-list for a long time!  The first time I encountered one it was a C19, not a WWII variant, and it made a positive impression.  I'll be counting Ansons tonight instead of sheep...

At any rate, I can take no credit for Vaclav's choice of subject though I suggested it to him last July and he went radio silent.  I recently wrote to thank him.  He wrote back: "I am happy to make you happy and make your wishes come true! "

Nice guy.  I'll take at least two.

• Like 1

The MkV had the unique monocoque fuselage, but otherwise generally based on the early series Ansons.

The post-war Avro Nineteen series, Anson C.19 & C.21, T.20-22, are quite different with the taller fuselage and different wing and tailplane platforms.

Great to see Valom releasing this, it's so their subject.

7 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Will the Valom kit be a good starting point for modelling a Canadian built Mk.V like LN-PAR?

022waVEgNLUK?dimension=1200x1200

I would suggest that it was based on the earlier marks.

Keith 

16 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Nice news!!! I'll be getting one - likely to be used with airgraphics 'testing time' decal sheet. Just wondering how different in dimensions were 19 and 21 compared to Anson mk.I? I understand it''s been fairly different aircraft but I wonder whether it grew in size other than in fuselage height.

You too?! I've been after an Aeroclub one for a while for just that purpose; now I can stop searching! There were a couple of Mk 19s that carried VH  regos, too.

Dimensionally, I think the main difference between the Mks 19 and 21 and earlier versions was the height of the cabin. Structurally they were very different - the wings were mainly metal, for one thing (earlier Marks were grounded in the '50s because the glue joints in the wings, in particular, had a distressing habit of failing during flight, to the chagrin of those on board. Quite a few down here met their fate on various fire dumps simply because the cost of bringing the structure of the wings and tail to the standard required by DCA for a new CofA was more than the airframe was worth.).

The box art leaves a lot to be desired with distorted RAF roundels and a C.19 in 'silver/white' with 'Air Support Command' titles, as they were painted Light Aircraft Grey when they had those titles!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trooper N said:

Fantasic news.  Maybe just maybe Valom might release a civilian XIX with wooden wings.

Cross kitting the wings from a Special Hobby Anson I might give you what you need as regards an Anson XIX. I had started cutting out the vacform fuselage halves of the Aeroclub kit with a view to mating them with a substantial part of the Special Hobby Anson to get an Irish Air Corps Anson XIX. It would have been a lot of work. I'm really glad Valom has decided to release this kit!

• Like 2

Fantastic news. Although I've got the later release Aeroclub Anson in the stash, you can never have too many Ansons. Got to love Valom. They do some great subjects.

• Like 1