1/48 Special Hobby Saab AJ-37 Viggen - F15 Wing Swedish Air Force

Calum

I’m getting one of these for Christmas. What I’m not getting is the ability to produce a model like that. Sublime modelling.

Can I ask what aftermarket you used, how you tackled the camo scheme and any advice on building one?

On 12/17/2023 at 9:22 AM, Filler said:

I’m getting one of these for Christmas. What I’m not getting is the ability to produce a model like that. Sublime modelling.

Can I ask what aftermarket you used, how you tackled the camo scheme and any advice on building one?

There is a list of aftermarket I used over at my blog with some more images (  Link is in my signature.). 

I used a mask set for the camouflage and tacked it in sections spraying all the colours for that section and then moving on to the next. As for advice on building one.  Well just take it slowing a dry fit everything. 

On 12/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, Wezra said:

Beautiful work! I really do like the way you go about things, always 'tip top'! How did you find the kit? Always been reticent to get one, paint job gives me the fear :D

The lit is a bit of a struggle to be honest. Lots of clean up and lots of dry fitting.  But far from impossible.  Just take your time and you'll get there. Same with the painting 

17 hours ago, dimaADA said:

Greate work!

Tell me please, what color of the washing did you use on the upper surfuse?

ABT 502 oils Sepia

16 hours ago, ABeck said:

You have a fabulous feeling for the harmony of colours!  Self mixed or from the can?

Mostly from the bottle except for the light green which I mixed.  My blog has a list of the colours used.  Link is in my signature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1