What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

My LHS had a Boxing Day sale so I finally picked up a Lancia Delta. 

PXL_20231227_014817621-L.jpg

I know it's not the classic white Martini paint scheme but that one was $50 more. 

• Like 12

Just snaffled this rarity on Ebay, it came up for auction and I put in a cheeky offer before the bidding got going.  The inevitable counter-offer was only a couple of quid more and I bit, landing it at a fraction of it's going value...

spacer.png

• Like 9

I've wanted a '50s Merc SL kit for some time but didn't want to go the Gullwing route, preferring an open top.  This one dropping into my lap at an exceptionally low price was a large slice of luck!

• Like 2

If that is anything like the roadgoing version I have in the stash, it looks like it will be a very nice kit even allowing for the fact that it's only 'semi-engined'. It does seem a bit odd that there is a hole modelled in the C-Pillar, but I guess that is probably for refuelling on the rally version - if so it won't cause you any issues. As you'll probably get yours build before mine, I'll be looking forward escpecially to you building this one.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 8:44 PM, Spiny said:

If that is anything like the roadgoing version I have in the stash, it looks like it will be a very nice kit even allowing for the fact that it's only 'semi-engined'. It does seem a bit odd that there is a hole modelled in the C-Pillar, but I guess that is probably for refuelling on the rally version - if so it won't cause you any issues. As you'll probably get yours build before mine, I'll be looking forward escpecially to you building this one.

The sprues are all in one bag and I must say there is a lot of detail parts . I thought it ironic that the engine top intercoooler is highly detailed when that is the item that caused Nissan all the problems with engine cooling issues during rallies .Didn’t notice the C pillar hole , the kit has gone away til build time so I don’t get the temptation to start it ! The weather will have to become warmer though before I can get some spraying done in the shed . 
@Redstaff there’s three versions of the Sunny available ; I chose this one because I liked the wheels better than the others !

@keefr22  go on , buy one . You know you want too ! 

Gary . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just acquired this at a ludicrously low price from the 'Bay as half of the components required for a project that will make my recent builds look positively sane.  More when the other half arrives...

spacer.png

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Neddy said:

More when the other half arrives...

Sounds as though you've got her very well trained to go out to the model shop for you ;)

• Haha 5

These two came my way today... They're early (next month) birthday presents. I mean, why wait, right? 🙂 

I seem to be into dump trucks of late. I don't know about the snow plow yet, though. We'll see. 

20240201144627-d910ebd5-me.jpg

20240201144627-01d2fe9f-me.jpg

I'd have taken either of them as regular tractors, but a little harder to come by, and anyway they look good as dump trucks. Mainly, I like those cabs. 

• Like 8

On 31/01/2024 at 16:22, Neddy said:

Just acquired this at a ludicrously low price from the 'Bay as half of the components required for a project that will make my recent builds look positively sane.  More when the other half arrives...

spacer.png

...and here is the aforementioned other half, just arrived...

spacer.png

It's incomplete (missing only a tyre so far) but there's sufficient there for my requirements.  The plan is to build a 2CV-based street rod utilising the chassis, engine and running gear from the 'rod, mated to the 2CV bodyshell (or some similar amalgam of the two) and the project will commence late March once my sight is back to normal following the cataract operations (second one was last week and now my distance vision is fantastic but I need Dumbledore-like reading glasses to see anything close up!).

Could be fun...

• Like 11

I got this small box the other day,it’s a 1/43 resin kit of the GP Vanwall of 1955. It’s made by a man who calls himself Princess Of Tumult! Very very detailed kit,see the pictures for some idea. 14 pages of instructions, 4 different noses for this car and more. It’s complicated! 
Anyway ,here you go -

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Chris.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Neddy said:

The plan is to build a 2CV-based street rod utilising the chassis, engine and running gear from the 'rod, mated to the 2CV bodyshell (or some similar amalgam of the two)

This cataract operation... did they administer any drugs during the course of that...?

😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

spacer.png

It's incomplete (missing only a tyre so far) but there's sufficient there for my requirements.  The plan is to build a 2CV-based street rod utilising the chassis, engine and running gear from the 'rod, mated to the 2CV bodyshell (or some similar amalgam of the two) and the project will commence late March once my sight is back to normal following the cataract operations (second one was last week and now my distance vision is fantastic but I need Dumbledore-like reading glasses to see anything close up!).

Could be fun...

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

spacer.png

Could be fun...

Superb idea... I will have an eye on the progress for sure. An "Ente HotRod" is a fantastic plan.

Marco F 

..just for better understanding...."Ente " is the german nickname for the 2cv

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

I got this small box the other day,it’s a 1/43 resin kit of the GP Vanwall of 1955.

That looks superb Chris!

Weird, but somehow endearing, name for a model kit manufacturer though....!! 🤣

Look forward to seeing this one built! :)

Keith

• Like 2

Arrived this week from Japan. Pre-ordered the Celica as soon as I saw it. This is exactly how I would want one! 

The Mini will probably not be a Mayfair, I needed this boxing for the seat decals. I am building up some bits and bobs to make a (sort of) replica of our old British Open Classic. Not quite sure how I'm going to do the emblems yet though?

p?i=55e255175af475c3b4caae78a815fef5

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Anteater said:

This cataract operation... did they administer any drugs during the course of that...?

😁

Not half enough!  :giggle:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, triumphfan said:

This is exactly how I would want one!

Me too, that looks great!! Need to sctachbuild some wheel arch flares for my stock version now!! :)

Keith

• Like 1

15 hours ago, triumphfan said:

Arrived this week from Japan. Pre-ordered the Celica as soon as I saw it. This is exactly how I would want one! 

The Mini will probably not be a Mayfair, I needed this boxing for the seat decals. I am building up some bits and bobs to make a (sort of) replica of our old British Open Classic. Not quite sure how I'm going to do the emblems yet though?

p?i=55e255175af475c3b4caae78a815fef5

That Celica looks really good, nice wide, low stance, with just enough arch flare 

Really nicely proportioned 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

20240206-135359.jpg

This little beauty was delivered yesterday, the Airfix 1/32 Vauxhall Victor Estate.  It was being sold with no box and unchecked , but for a tenner plus postage I thought it was worth a punt .  Just had it all out for checking and it's missing one wheel (I'll cast a replacement) and the tailgate glass (I'll cut one from clear sheet) . To say I'm delighted with this would be a massive understatement . 

• Like 18