What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

14 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Good choice @PatW. Will Hoy was the guide when I was lucky enough to win a look around the team garage at Donington when he was driving for Vic Lees  ( controversial 😄) team . He was a proper gentleman. 

Gary .

Yes Vic Lee was definitely controversial, yes I had seen him many times at Silverstone where I was a marshall.

22.12pm Just ordered two rattle cans of Tamiya T14 Sky Blue paint!

• Like 2

Today directly from Italy by UPS. From the Italeri factory, Bugatti Type 35B Roadster. 
In addition to the model, a free Italeri 1962 - 2012 book.

53575350210_03b1eace8b_k.jpg

Edited by Jouko
Typo
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t normally buy ready made kits but when this one came up on Tree Bay I couldn’t believe it when I got an offer of £39 from the seller . Well obviously I immediately hit the accept button and this really well built model arrived today . The decals are starting to shell off and oddly both spoilers have fallen off , but apart from that the car has stood the test of time . I have plans to re engineer it some time but for now I’m treating it as a very cheap prized possession !

53591354611_1517a6e017_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Windy37 said:

I wouldn’t normally buy ready made kits but when this one came up on Tree Bay I couldn’t believe it when I got an offer of £39 from the seller . Well obviously I immediately hit the accept button and this really well built model arrived today . The decals are starting to shell off and oddly both spoilers have fallen off , but apart from that the car has stood the test of time . I have plans to re engineer it some time but for now I’m treating it as a very cheap prized possession !

53591354611_1517a6e017_c_d.jpg

Gary . 

I like your purchase,  even so the asked price was....

But compaired to the prices of unbuilt kits it seems to be ok...

Tamiya should start a reissue of this one,  would be something like a moneymaker for them...

Marco F 

• Like 2

For my 76th birthday, from our eldest son in Canada.

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 11

I started the year vowing to rein in my purchases and got through January kit-free; before completely falling off the wagon in February and March :facepalm:

fGv1Vmc.jpg

Until Mr T can be talked into re-popping the 850 estate, my fondness for racing Volvos will have to be satiated by NuNu. It looks fantastic.

P4IIk0T.jpg

PM Models had this listed in their Damaged Boxes section for the best part of a year and I'd be eyeing it up for most of that time. I know very little of Skylines (other than playing Gran Turismo yonks ago) but there's something about this one :wub: It also comes with a driver, which I wasn't expecting.

KZAnHrv.jpg

My second Bond Bug. I've come up with a daft project for them, hopefully I'll be sharing it on here soon.

0Lof45k.jpg

My quest to snap up rally cars from gravel events on T'Bay continues. While Subaru was my favourite team, I was quite fond of these silver bullets. Grönholm was a beast! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

fGv1Vmc.jpg

I picked one of these up a few months ago.  I used to drive a V40 many years ago after my Vauxhall got mashed on the M6 by a couple of lorries, so it's as close as I'm likely to get to reliving my first trip snowboarding :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Carlos Sainz Network Q Rally of Britain scheme

Including Luis Moya's modification to the rear window? :D 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I think touring car was made from T4

Not surprising.  Mine was a lowly 2L petrol, but I drove it like a maniac :D

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Until Mr T can be talked into re-popping the 850 estate, my fondness for racing Volvos will have to be satiated by NuNu. It looks fantastic.

PM Models had this listed in their Damaged Boxes section for the best part of a year and I'd be eyeing it up for most of that time. I know very little of Skylines (other than playing Gran Turismo yonks ago) but there's something about this one :wub: It also comes with a driver, which I wasn't expecting.

Nice selection of kits there. I too was aiming to rein in purchases, which is being blown out of the window by my credit card company ending the reward scheme so I will be forced to use up the points on more kits :rolleyes: Life can be tough sometimes.

I'd also be up for the Volvo 850 estate, whether road going or BTCC. I presume you already have the Volvo 240 racing car from Beemax? That Skyline is also a good choice - it's a very nice kit. I did it a few years ago, and if memory serves the only issue was a slight bit of tripodding which appears to have settled out while it's been parked o the shelf.

• Like 1

Yes Windy37 Vic was caught smuggling, we wondered how he could afford to race! Will was a great guy, and so talented!

• Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 20:53, Spiny said:

I presume you already have the Volvo 240 racing car from Beemax?

Indeed I do! There was a personal connection with that purchase because my grandad once had a white 240 saloon (to pull a caravan, natch),  so building a racing one tickled my funny bone somewhat.

On 23/03/2024 at 20:53, Spiny said:

That Skyline is also a good choice - it's a very nice kit. I did it a few years ago, and if memory serves the only issue was a slight bit of tripodding which appears to have settled out while it's been parked o the shelf.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind :like:

• Like 1

Another one from me found on T'Bay:

DzNuw0Yh.jpg

An area of car modelling that I'm interested in are daily drivers with scope to show they've had extensive use. I think this one will fit the bill ... though I am regretting the masking job around the wheel arches :facepalm:

• Like 7

On 3/23/2024 at 2:21 PM, mbdesignart said:

I've just ordered this to go with my Carlos Sainz Network Q Rally of Britain scheme. And I'm mulling over the previous year's Nastro Azzuro scheme.

spacer.png

This kit arrived yesterday but without 'THE DOCTOR' decals for the rear side windows [more NHS cuts?🤣] so it's back to the drawing board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not an exceptionally notable purchase apart from it's price...

spacer.png

I've had my eye on this one for a good year or so, all the while it's been trading at between £30 and £35 on average.  Last week for some reason the price suddenly tumbled and now you can get it for between £16 and £25.  I landed this for a shade under £16 including free carriage from an Ebay seller which I regard as a pretty good price for what it is.  No idea what's caused the price drop (maybe it's being replaced - anyone have an idea?) but regardless I'm happy to have a decent stash addition for so little.

EDIT:  That's interesting... all the low-priced stock seems to have disappeared and the original price band reinstated.  Looks like I just got lucky. 🙂

Edited by Neddy
  • Like 6

Interesting discovery while haunting the 'bay:

IMG_2396-XL.jpg

"Speedline" Porsche 936/76. It didn't have a scale listed, and I couldn't find anything about the kit online, but Scalemates lists the SPD-29 decal sheet as 1/24 scale, so I took a gamble. And yes, it's a rather nicely detailed and cast resin full kit in 1/24, with two bodies (I can't see the difference between them). It makes the early 936, without airbox, but the decals are there for both the stealthy and cool matt black Nurburgring test and launch car, and the white car used for the ongoing campaign and Le Mans win. The black car needs minor surgery -- cutting down the rear fins and the wing lowering, and some scoops reprofiling. I got it for a very good price -- less than the decal sheet alone seems to go for, and the Strada Sports price label on the box says $90-00, which is about three times what I paid!

best,

M.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Interesting discovery while haunting the 'bay:

IMG_2396-XL.jpg

"Speedline" Porsche 936/76. It didn't have a scale listed, and I couldn't find anything about the kit online, but Scalemates lists the SPD-29 decal sheet as 1/24 scale, so I took a gamble. And yes, it's a rather nicely detailed and cast resin full kit in 1/24, with two bodies (I can't see the difference between them). It makes the early 936, without airbox, but the decals are there for both the stealthy and cool matt black Nurburgring test and launch car, and the white car used for the ongoing campaign and Le Mans win. The black car needs minor surgery -- cutting down the rear fins and the wing lowering, and some scoops reprofiling. I got it for a very good price -- less than the decal sheet alone seems to go for, and the Strada Sports price label on the box says $90-00, which is about three times what I paid!

best,

M.

That's more like it! There's too much plastic in these thar pages! I'm just finishing off a Mini Racing 936C (the Joest 'Warsteiner' car with the roof), so most appropriate.

• Like 2

Those resin bodies look absolutely crisp and well moulded, good find :) 

This isn't not my preferred series of racing and I'm pretty clueless about it, but they do look good, and every car looks good in a Martini scheme :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

, and every car looks good in a Martini scheme :) 

Are you sure about that?😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6