What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

So this was a bit of a impulse buy. Stumbled across this on a well known auction site! 🙂. I'd never heard of this car before but was drawn to its old style lines

spacer.png

I also thought it's a very unusual model that I had never seen before for sale so jumped at the chance and was lucky enough to win the auction.

A few what's in the box shots for anyone who's interested. It's a very simple model with not many parts. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully should look quite funky when built!

Nick

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Neddy said:

Simple build maybe but a fun one.

That's the plan! Not sure when I'll get round to building it but Im thinking a very deep blue exterior,almost black unless the light catches it and a tan/red interior to make it pop!

Nick

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fnick said:

So this was a bit of a impulse buy. Stumbled across this on a well known auction site! 🙂. I'd never heard of this car before but was drawn to its old style lines

spacer.png

I also thought it's a very unusual model that I had never seen before for sale so jumped at the chance and was lucky enough to win the auction.

A few what's in the box shots for anyone who's interested. It's a very simple model with not many parts. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully should look quite funky when built!

Nick

I saw this back in (1999?) at the Goodwood Festival of Speed: the wheels (at the time anyway) were huge!

• Like 1

Yet more NASCAR.

Early 90's kits for some Allison #28 cars amongst others and the Batman decals for a 96 T Bird. These are all Cartograph printed.

This #94, will have to make a slabside conversion of the bodyshell to fit the sill stripes.

spacer.png

And this decal set for the 89/90 black and white #28T Bird. Lovely foil printing.

spacer.png

Edited by seanrx
  • Like 3

I didn’t know about this kit until I finished the Vincent Black Shadow last year. There is a paucity of classic British bikes and in 1/12 scale there are basic these and the Airfix kit which goes for almost as much as this kit - I'll wait for a Vintage Classic's release.

This is not a cheap kit but this had a starting price of 1/3 less than any other I’d seen and I was the only bidder. 

It’s a pretty insane, full multi media, spoke your own wheels kind of kit.

IMG-0144.jpg

• Like 11

One NuNu Volvo S40 BTCC, 1997 Brands Hatch Winner. Pre-ordered in January 2022, in stock today and delivered. One year and ten months ago!

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, PatW said:

One NuNu Volvo S40 BTCC, 1997 Brands Hatch Winner. Pre-ordered in January 2022, in stock today and delivered. One year and ten months ago!

photo-vi.jpg

I think you'll agree Pat , from a very special time of British motor racing.  I loved the BTCC super touring era , attending five rounds a year.  Great memories 👌 

Gary .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Punting around Fleabay a few days ago I came across this being offered at an exceptionally low price.  Being cheeky I offered an even lower amount which to my amazement was accepted within minutes and it's just arrived - complete, sealed bags and in perfect condition.  This is about as recent as I want to go, 1970 being the point at which US iron styling ceased to be elegant and started morphing into something much more overblown and brutal IMHO.

spacer.png

• Like 8

My latest purchase

spacer.png

I hadn't planned on getting this. Saw that the auction still had a low winning bid so I decided to top it by £1 with a few seconds to go expecting other bidders automatic bids to beat mine... And was quite surprised to see I had won! 😄

Hohum... I really should remove my bookmarked eBay search for car kits. My stash is in danger of reaching double figures...😱. Oh well you can't have too many American muscle cars right? 😋

Nick

• Like 9

I just 'won' a built broken 1/24 Dixi on ebay

I want it for the parts, the wheels mostly,  to finish off a couple of other Dixi cars

I might turn the remains of the wreck into a custom car

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

Not a kit but something small to add to various 1/43rds and hot wheel collection.

photo-vi.jpg

I love seeing the marvellous modified ones but can't find any customising parts in the UK. I think that the circuit is actually Suzuka.

• Like 4

On 31/10/2023 at 16:53, PatW said:

Not a kit but something small to add to various 1/43rds and hot wheel collection.

photo-vi.jpg

I love seeing the marvellous modified ones but can't find any customising parts in the UK. I think that the circuit is actually Suzuka.

Would they have a. traffic lights or b. roundabouts at those track cross-overs?

Not a joke, but yet a joke. A track in N.I., called Nutts Corner. Used mostly for kart  and motorcycle racing. Council (who thought they owned the track) decided to upgrade the track for car racing. New tarmac sections were laid by a contractor who then put give-way lines & triangles at the cross-overs and chicanes where they met the other bits of track, stop lines and markings at the entrance/exit to the pit lane and some other normal road markings. We wuz looking for the yellow lines on the straights

I forgot; last week or so I bought off an ebay seller a pair of 3D printed rear wheels for the Airfix Bond Bug. They look decent but I've not compared them to the original kit wheels yet. They were decently cheap enuf

s-l1600.jpg

The seller was offering a full set of 3.

It appears he has only made the two sets. I've messaged him asking if he'll do more as I have a second BB to build 

edit to add; the chap has agreed to print more wheels for me

• Like 1

OK how cool is this? 

20231103171220-83671059-me.jpg

It's a small booklet with plans for modelling DAF trucks. It's old, the price says it all, just 25 cents. 

There's plans for 3 different trucks. 

20231103171220-24109338-me.jpg

I somewhat recently got my hands on a 3D printed DAF cab, I can now use these plans to build the rest of it. Probably not the garbage truck though, as I would need to modify the cab and it's a little delicate. 

20231103171220-be80dcc4-me.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I agree with Marco Jeroen, great little book - looking forward to the build!

Keith

Well, Keith, we all know how that goes, I hope you're a patient man!

• Haha 3