What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Bought this to add to the stash:

100_0209

I had the 1:1 scale version back in the early 80's. Wish I still had it. It'll get built.... someday.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, flyboy2610 said:

I had the 1:1 scale version back in the early 80's. Wish I still had it.

Nice, but I hope the rear camber on yours was better than the box art lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've recently been obsessing about how much space completed models take up, so this could be the answer. 

spacer.png

However, I don't like having a growing stash so the Fiat's arrival means something has to go. If you want a bargain Hasegawa Skyline GT-R Nismo (BNR32) 1990 (HC-39), or a Hasegawa Nissan Sunny Truck GB121 1979 long body deluxe (HC-20), PM me with an offer and you might be lucky. 

• Like 6

@Anteater We appear to have quite similar tastes by the looks of it - not only do I have the Sunny pick-up sitting in the stash, but the discontinuation of my credit card rewards scheme and enforced usage of the points means that there is one of those Fiat 500s heading my way too!

• Haha 1

@Spiny See what you think when yours arrives but I'm happy with what I've found, even more so at the low price point. Looks to be well up to the usual Tamiya standards even though it's quite an old re-issue. It also comes with bonus stripes this time if that's your bag. I like the look of the Abarth kit too... 

• Like 1

I used to own a Fiat 500 in the late 70's.

Missed the kit first time around but will look to get one of these and make a model of my old car.

Italeri have announced a reissue of their 1/12 th scale Fiat 500  kit, so I may be spoilt for choice now.

Actually it would be nice if someone were to make a kit of the Fiat 126 that replaced the 500. It was actually a very nice looking little mini car in its day. I don't know if there was ever an official  Abarth version, but if the 126 used the same engine and drive train as the 500 and 600 there were many DIY  Abarth bits around at the time I believe to convert one.   It never got the cult status of the 500 unfortunately.

From ebay UK already opened with a tweak on a windscreen upright,

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 5

Yes Noel and even to the shops! The reduced price means it has a slight bend in the windscreen upright on one side, nothing that can't be solved with a little warm water!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 1:52 AM, Noel Smith said:

I used to own a Fiat 500 in the late 70's.

Missed the kit first time around but will look to get one of these and make a model of my old car.

Italeri have announced a reissue of their 1/12 th scale Fiat 500  kit, so I may be spoilt for choice now.

Actually it would be nice if someone were to make a kit of the Fiat 126 that replaced the 500. It was actually a very nice looking little mini car in its day. I don't know if there was ever an official  Abarth version, but if the 126 used the same engine and drive train as the 500 and 600 there were many DIY  Abarth bits around at the time I believe to convert one.   It never got the cult status of the 500 unfortunately.

The world's fastest Fiat 500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4l1hbb9HU

• Like 1

This one's no slouch either - and handles much better than a drag car...!!

Quite a few Fiat 500 'monsters' in European hillclimbing and I seem to recall there's a couple of conversion kits for the Tamiya kit available, but can't remember where I saw them.

Keith

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

This one's no slouch either - and handles much better than a drag car...!!

Quite a few Fiat 500 'monsters' in European hillclimbing and I seem to recall there's a couple of conversion kits for the Tamiya kit available, but can't remember where I saw them.

Keith

That's a go kart with a roof! Awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The '70 Ford Torino kit referenced at the top of page 157 is one of the early releases of the 70 Torino. Watching this video

I learned a couple of things.

1. The body lines on the lower part of the early kits are not quite correct. (I might have been able to live with that.)

2. The early kits have low-back bucket seats instead of the high-back bucket seats of the 1:1 scale car. SACRILEGE! As Red Green would say "No, no, no, no, no!" Gotta have high backs!

So I picked up the newer release of the Torino Cobra. It's got the high-back bucket seats! :penguin:

100_0230

100_0231

When I get around to building this, I'll use the seats and body from the new kit, and the rest from the old kit. If I'm going to re-create the one car I really wish I still had, it's going to be right! Except mine had a 351 Cleveland, and the kit has a 429 engine. Not much I'm going to do about that.

• Like 4

From good old ebay UK another 4X4..

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 8

This might seem a tad familiar given @Anteater's post further up the page, but this finally made its way to me today:

53721824649_e56eee4372_b.jpg

The bodyshell looks absolutely tiny when I put it next to the Pontiac I've just finished, even though this is a larger scale. But as Anteater said above, it looks as though it will be a nice kit to build when I eventually get around to it.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, PatW said:

From good old ebay UK another 4X4..

photo-vi.jpg

I must admit that I've never really thought of the Mitsubishi Montero as a sports car.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another discounted ebay kit...

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 5

Picked this up last night. Its a complex kit with multi part body. Looks nicely detailed though and there are some lovely colour options out there. Engine looks to be a gem as well.

Already thinking about a dark Teal with Black running boards/fenders and those lovely pale yellow wires.

p?i=f88bc7bdfa26ee68a17a97bb0aae7c32

Atb, Steve.

• Like 6