Soooo.......

NAVY870

That is something I cannot forget, coming 11 days after my birthday in September!!! Additionally, I have a rather good memory for dates and numbers, comes with being autistic. For example, I can remember my mum's and grandmas phone numbers from when I was a very small child, I'm now in my 50s so I'm going back to the early 1970s.... The wife's birthday is the date I started my RAF recruit training, so definitely not a date to forget!!😁

• Like 2

My mum always used to send us a card, so that helped a lot as a reminder, but since she stopped (that 'not being alive' problem) we both have difficulty.

Me: Isn't it our wedding anniversary today?

She: Don't think so - I think it's tomorrow. (Pause). Or maybe yesterday?

We're coming up to 44 years soon and thankfully we are both as bad at this as each other. Otherwise I'd be in permanent annual trouble.

• Haha 7

Many years ago, I forgot her birthday, and she forgot mine. What makes it worse is that we were both born on the same day with ten hours between us (I'm the youngest and she hates it when I tell people that I'm her toyboy!!).

John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

Who else forgot their wedding anniversary today?

Been nice knowing ya's

💥

You do have at least one nipper to remind you from what I know. Its not all your fault ;)

Our wedding day was one week before my late wife's birthday. It made March a very expensive month, always with two presents to buy.

My technique is,  very casually  remark near the time ... "oh, how many weeks left till your birthday?"... 

followed by  "ah, what day of the week does it fall on this yeat then?".. 

If done skillfully this provides enough Intel to "remember" said birthday without arousing suspicion, for some reason I just can't seem to hold said date in my noggin 😁

On 2/23/2024 at 7:20 PM, treker_ed said:

I have a rather good memory for dates and numbers, comes with being autistic.

Same, though I'm also Aspergers and I tend to remember useless facts about aeroplanes or such then forget my own name.

20 hours ago, Greg B said:

You do have at least one nipper to remind you from what I know. Its not all your fault ;)

Three, two spend most of their time with the phone welded to their ears talking to their idiot mates about how men are to blame for everything

The other is a 15yo teenage boy who spends his time playing video games and dodging soap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAVY870 said:

Same, though I'm also Aspergers and I tend to remember useless facts about aeroplanes or such then forget my own name.

Yep, same with my autism... I can recall the minutiae of information on things, we have a little sign that we bought whilst on holiday in the US a few years ago "I don't need Google - my husband knows everything!" I can remember or recall even the smallest of facts if I have read it or heard about it! Can't always remember where I read it, but I do remember the information! Comes in handy for quizzes 😆

• Like 1

I still (after six decades and some) have trouble remembering my little brother's birthday (he doesn't visit here so I'm safe).

I know it's either 5th or 6th June and my dad's birthday was the other one of those.

Each year, when I can't remember, I dig out dad's service record (teenage air gunner in Coastal Command) which I got from the RAF. I'm pretty confident that the RAF got dad's birthday right - so then I know my brother's birthday is the other one and send him a card.

Then I forget it again. You'd think that with one of them being on D Day I'd remember. But no.

I also knew my mother's birthday was near-ish to Easter - knowing that was completely useless of course.

5 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

It made March a very expensive month, always with two presents to buy.

April for me is expensive. Anniversary, property taxes, income taxes, birthday.

Poor planning...

Anniversary this year is easy as it's the same day as the eclipse. 

2 hours ago, Gerald the Gorilla said:

Wedding anniversary is easy. New Year's Eve. Birthday 13 days before mine. Now the kids' names...

Bill Cosby once said "I used to love it when my parents would get so angry they couldn't remember our names! 'Come here... you... you... What is your name? And you'd better tell me right because you live here and I'll find out!'" 😄

11 minutes ago, hairystick said:

If only there was something in our pocket, that we could enter a calendar date and it would even give us a reminder ahead of time...

If only...:hmmm:

A workmate of mine changed his car insurance renewal date to a week before his wedding anniversary so he always gets a reminder :D

13 hours ago, Julien said:

A workmate of mine changed his car insurance renewal date to a week before his wedding anniversary so he always gets a reminder :D

Hey, if it works ...!

• Like 1

Can't forget mine as it is "The Glorious 12th of August".

We've been married for donkey's years but never made a thing out of it TBH